• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Checking to see if DP was back online?

I checked to see if DP was back online

• Total voters

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
So how many times did you check to see if DP was back online during the switch?

I followed on Twitter...☑

Needs an option for "constantly"....shake n' bake and iiiiiiiiiiiiii helped!!

will-ferrell-john-c-reilly-01.jpg

Needs an option for "constantly"....shake n' bake and iiiiiiiiiiiiii helped!!

will-ferrell-john-c-reilly-01.jpg

The third option was supposed to be that....I mistyped. Trying to figure out the new bells and whistles.

If a mod could fix that option to a

"few times every hour...I was frantically clicking..."

That'd be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
i definitely missed the site during the transition. it's great to see it back up again.

Are you planning on retiring?
RedAkston is pretty freaking awesome. He did this! We were on the phone for hours getting things together. I helped with the server side and the ahem default "fabulous" color style but @RedAkston did the vast majority of this upgrade. It was very nice with him at the helm plus I might have found some spirit for the forum again.

RedAkston is pretty freaking awesome. He did this! We were on the phone for hours getting things together. I helped with the server side and the ahem default "fabulous" color style but @RedAkston did the vast majority of this upgrade. It was very nice with him at the helm plus I might have found some spirit for the forum again.
Yes, I’m impressed with Red’s ability to carry this off as quickly and efficiently as he has. But as you said you did give input on the phone. Kudos to you also. But I don’t think you’re “Done”. There’s always room for improvements.

I kind of enjoyed it being offline. I kept posting anyhow and i wasnt annoyed with the rude replies that i typically get. It was a nice change if pace. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I kind of enjoyed it being offline. I kept posting anyhow and i wasnt annoyed with the rude replies that i typically get. It was a nice change if pace. [emoji16]

Haha... we found out after-the-fact that Tapatalk was still allowing posting to the old forum after we shut it down. Some of those posts likely didn't make it over.

It was odd cause i did post just to sorta test the site and like an hour later it would show up but i could tell nobody else was posting.

Btw you have a terrific site and your staff is great too. You should be proud of what you built

Im noticing when i quote peoples posts in me replies the quotes are not posting with my reply

Me too...what am I doing wrong? I hit quote...

Im noticing when i quote peoples posts in me replies the quotes are not posting with my reply

Are you clicking on the “Quote” button instead of the “Reply”?

Just hit reply and you'll have their quote.

Yes but for some reason its not quoting people.

This is my second attempt.

I followed on Twitter...☑

I went to the Twitter site too, and was shocked that the dates were all stuffed together into a mishmash where you had to dig out posts from 2011 in order to get to the recent posts. But then again, it could just be my incompetence because I am in no way a Twitter expert, it's one of those things where I have a tiny presence but I am seldom there and barely make more than about one post every two weeks.
These last couple of days I've made more posts than in all my years on Twitter prior to.

Just to clarify: You click on 'reply', to reply with a (single) quote. I believe the 'quote" button is for multiple quotes.

There are multiple ways to quote:
1. Highlight what you what quoted and click reply (my personal fav)
2. Select +Quote ... will toggle to -Quote if you change mind before posting. Can select several, even from different threads.
quote.png

3. At the bottom of the input area is a new button that pops up "Insert quotes" - click it. :)
InsertQuotes.png

Whatever is inside the [ Quote] brackets will show as the quote. The little up arrow in the posted quote will take you back to the original post too.

Chomsky
Mine is a little different because i post from taptalk but you know im not a rookie at this site. I know how to quote. Its just not working. Its a glitch in the transfer. Im sure it will be ironed out. I mentioned it so they know about it.

Schweddy
Im using taptalk so i am guessing it's becsuse of that but trust me its not working right.

Back
Top Bottom