• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cheaper Gasoline Forecast for U.S. Consumers.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
The U.S. Energy Department said it expected retail gasoline prices for the second half of 2013 to be more than 10 cents cheaper than the first half on average.

Cheaper-gasoline-forecast-for-US-consumers.jpg

The Energy Information Administration, the analytical division of the Energy Department, said gasoline prices started off the week at an average $3.63 per gallon, five cents lower than mid-July

The EIA said it expects an average of $3.46 per gallon for the second half of 2013, compared to $3.59 for the first half of the year.

Read more: Gasoline prices in U.S. to be lower for the rest of the year - UPI.com

Do you think this a good guesstimate? DO you think they will be correct and that it will be 10 cents cheaper and more in some areas? Course there are several things that could impact this forecast.....huh?

I think 87 is in the $3.15-$3.19 range in most places in my area. There is one station that is like $2.87 but it is new, I have never heard anything about the quality of their gas, and it feels sketchy to me still.

Gas: prices too damn high.

I think 87 is in the $3.15-$3.19 range in most places in my area. There is one station that is like $2.87 but it is new, I have never heard anything about the quality of their gas, and it feels sketchy to me still.

Heya Fisher. :2wave: They must not be looking at anything going on in the ME.....huh?

Heya Fisher. :2wave: They must not be looking at anything going on in the ME.....huh?

IDK. In my area the prices have been trending lower than national and not always along the the same lines. I think the cheap place is just trying to build loyalty because it is an offbrand place, new, and built in a high profile (i.e. expensive) but pain in the butt to get into and out of location. They are not too far from Sam's which have low prices so I think they are undercutting them on purpose.

Actually we're in it now.

Heya Sméagol. :2wave: Yeah.....I know. lets keep our fingers crossed. Course they blamed the high prices due to some refinery problems. Do you think they considered anything like that happening again this year?

Heya Sméagol. :2wave: Yeah.....I know. lets keep our fingers crossed. Course they blamed the high prices due to some refinery problems. Do you think they considered anything like that happening again this year?

You have a point. The oil futures market thrives on "perceived" availability crises. The gas price spike of 2008 when prices were well over $4 a gallon, had nothing to do wih normal supply and demand market forces, but rather a perception that there was or would be a shortage. The shortage wasn't in gas availablilty but in oil futures contacts that caused the price of gas to skyrocket. FYI: that ultimately helped get Barack Obama elected to the Whitehouse as McCain was considered a continuation of Bush ala the GOP.

60 Minutes did a piece on how there was actually an oil surplus on the market at the time when gas had reached its highest price at the pump ever. I'll look for it.

Last edited:
You have a point. The oil futures market thrives on "perceived" availability crises. The gas price spike of 2008 when prices were well over $4 a gallon, had nothing to do wih normal supply and demand market forces, but rather a perception that there was or would be a shortage. The shortage wasn't in gas availablilty but in oil futures contacts that caused the price of gas to skyrocket. FYI: that ultimately helped get Barack Obama elected to the Whitehouse as McCain was considered a continuation of Bush ala the GOP.

60 Minutes did a piece on how there was actually an oil surplus on the market at the time when gas had reached its highest price at the pump ever. I'll look for it.

Yes.....you are thinking exactly of what I was. Over 90 days out from the end of the year. 3 months! Which that track record of theirs isn't so well when they do this. Always some freak storm of nature. Not to mention.....Sept and the 11th hasn't passed yet.

Yes.....you are thinking exactly of what I was. Over 90 days out from the end of the year. 3 months! Which that track record of theirs isn't so well when they do this. Always some freak storm of nature. Not to mention.....Sept and the 11th hasn't passed yet.

You have no idea how tired I am at playing their games. Oil is a monopoly and monopolies are bad for consumers. On top of being a monopoly, prices are controlled by an overseas anti-trust cartel made up of brutal dictators who like to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Then after they get crazy paid, they sell it to scalpers called the oil futures market who buy all of it up before its pumped out of the group then jack up the price to triple sometimes. Meanwhile, back in OPEC country the people blame us either for having to live under brutal dictators or simply for having a presence that contaminates their countries and think mass murder of Americans is the solution.

You have no idea how tired I am at playing their games. Oil is a monopoly and monopolies are bad for consumers. On top of being a monopoly, prices are controlled by an overseas anti-trust cartel made up of brutal dictators who like to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Then after they get crazy paid, they sell it to scalpers called the oil futures market who buy all of it up before its pumped out of the group then jack up the price to triple sometimes. Meanwhile, back in OPEC country the people blame us either for having to live under brutal dictators or simply for having a presence that contaminates their countries and think mass murder of Americans is the solution.

I do know what you mean.....and to top it off. We are providing for security for the transport of. Which we pay a fee to do it. That's where I agree with Trump. When he said.....then they should be paying for protection. I mean you also have to look at who taught them how to bring it up out of the ground, in the first place.

I do know what you mean.....and to top it off. We are providing for security for the transport of. Which we pay a fee to do it. That's where I agree with Trump. When he said.....then they should be paying for protection. I mean you also have to look at who taught them how to bring it up out of the ground, in the first place.

Oooo! Oil industry subsidies.

Its still TRIPPLE what is was for 30 years.

But some of us dont care about the price of gas any more...............

vespa-scooters.jpg

$3 or $8 a fill does not matter much.........LMAO

View attachment 67151949

Well one thing is for certain.....those don't do to well in Chicago Winter Weather. Just sayin. ;)

Yeah.....they just need an offer erm I mean a contract they can't refuse, to go with them. :lol:

I was thinking more in therms of the cost to the US taxpayers for military deployments and operations in and around petroleum hotspots, aka protecting our vital interests because we've allowed oil to maintain an almost absolute monopoly on personal transportation since the Ford Model-T. We've been so conditioned to think of the only oil model that most of us cannot envision the feasibility of personal transportation without it nor consider the monetary costs on the US Treasury at a time in American history when we desperately need to reduce the deficit. Its a crying shame we're spending trillions of taxpayer dollars to essentially underwrite the extravagant lifestyles of homicidal dictators because we've been blinded by seeing this crisis as anything more than standing up to environmentalist wackos.

dbudget.jpg

My next car I'm not going to care about the rising cost of gas, other than how my fellow Americans are being ripped off. In a year or two they ought to be a lot cheaper and hopefully the North Western University 1,000 mile range battery will be out.

I was thinking more in therms of the cost to the US taxpayers for military deployments and operations in and around petroleum hotspots, aka protecting our vital interests because we've allowed oil to maintain an almost absolute monopoly on personal transportation since the Ford Model-T. We've been so conditioned to think of the only oil model that most of us cannot envision the feasibility of personal transportation without it nor consider the monetary costs on the US Treasury at a time in American history when we desperately need to reduce the deficit. Its a crying shame we're spending trillions of taxpayer dollars to essentially underwrite the extravagant lifestyles of homicidal dictators because we've been blinded by seeing this crisis as anything more than standing up to environmentalist wackos.

View attachment 67151966

Well, you would be Right. We do have to protect our people and assets also. Still.....I would make All of those in OPEC. Pay for protection. As well as make sure they suffer consequences when they cannot handle their own people for disrupting any flow.

This country could be 100% energy independent...if it wanted to be.

Well, you would be Right. We do have to protect our people and assets also. Still.....I would make All of those in OPEC. Pay for protection. As well as make sure they suffer consequences when they cannot handle their own people for disrupting any flow.

Yeah, Bush's vanity wars really protected us. And they only cost $3T.

View attachment 67151949

It's not for me. I'm afraid of getting squished by an SUV driven by a tiny blond headed mom distracted by her cellphone and the children fighting in the back seat.

My next car I'm not going to care about the rising cost of gas, other than how my fellow Americans are being ripped off. In a year or two they ought to be a lot cheaper and hopefully the North Western University 1,000 mile range battery will be out.

1000 mile range battery. Bwah HA HA HAHA HAHAHAH!. Yeah, that's the ticket.

1000 mile range battery. Bwah HA HA HAHA HAHAHAH!. Yeah, that's the ticket.

C'mon Man, remember America put a men on the moon and returned them safely to earth.

EVANSTON, Ill. --- Imagine a cellphone battery that stayed charged for more than a week and recharged in just 15 minutes. That dream battery could be closer to reality thanks to Northwestern University research.

A team of engineers has created an electrode for lithium-ion batteries -- rechargeable batteries such as those found in cellphones and iPods -- that allows the batteries to hold a charge up to 10 times greater than current technology. Batteries with the new electrode also can charge 10 times faster than current batteries.

- See more at: Better Batteries: Northwestern University News

I'm starting to get more excited over the Tesla-S after looking more in-depth. Even with today's technology it can get 230 miles per charge. And of course, new technology seems to outdo itself every time you blink, getting better and better and cheaper and cheaper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom