• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cheap Grace Theology

Acknowledging that repentance is the major tenet of Christianity is far from being blind or being proud.

I know that your kind want others to spend eternity with you in Hell, hence you fooling them into believing that repentance isn't necessary and thus thinking that they can go on living their sinful lifestyle yet still join God in Heaven.
Since you're too proud to review what I stated in my posts on page one I understand why you would make unsupported claims regarding my position on repentance. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm heaven bound and all hell cannot prevent me from being received into the loving arms of my heavenly father, God. Can you say the same?

Even secular humanists such as yourself repent from certain behaviors. Many who are involved in your...ahem...lifestyle are drug addicts and alcoholics, and they go through treatment to overcome those desires and behaviors. Repentance in Christianity has similarities, although Christians are turning to Jesus and making Him the main focal point of their life instead of attempting to overcome those things by themselves.

Ignoring the questionable attack on the poster to whom you responded, this seems pretty accurate.

The question is: Why would God forgive someone who hasn't changed their ways and decided to follow His Word instead of their own selfish earthly desires?

That may be YOUR question.

It is not mine.

The amount of greatness between ants that we rarely notice and humans is microscopic compared to the amount of greatness between humans and God.

How obvious is the repentance of an ant in your perception? Are the individual actions of any ant even noticed if they avoid your jelly sandwich?

I have been a bit concerned with the idea that the entire population of all that have ever lived will be judged.

Assuming we are all lined up from the most blessed to the most reviled, there will be a point in the line where the person on the right hand is saved and the person on the left hand is condemned.

There will be, I assume, differences recognized between the two. I also assume that the differences will be so slight as to be unnoticed and unknowable to me or to you.

Are you claiming to know the mind and the plan of God? I do not make that claim. I hope and assume that He will be a just God who, perhaps in spite of justice, will find it in His plan to forgive and welcome ME.

That's about the extent of my presumption(s) regarding His will. I have no idea of what God's will might be, but I am satisfied that God both exists and is helping ME. I am thankful.

Regarding any feeble efforts I might employ to gain His favor, I must pray that he is not the vengeful God described by Johnathan Edwards. If He is, I and most others are, pretty much, screwed.

For many are called but few are chosen.

I suppose, if you're Catholic....I'm not Catholic...
Are you saying your own God allows his own followers to be judged different, based on what household they were born into.

Not very consistant.

lol...here's a little free advice for you from David...

"A pit he has excavated, and he proceeded to dig it;
But he will fall into the hole [that] he went making." Psalm 7:15

Thanks for being up David and Psalm. Thoughts on Psalm 6:4?

4Turn, LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.

True Story of Repentance in the Bible: King David’s Repentance​

Since you're too proud to review what I stated in my posts on page one I understand why you would make unsupported claims regarding my position on repentance.

I shot down your lies already.
I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm heaven bound and all hell cannot prevent me from being received into the loving arms of my heavenly father, God. Can you say the same?

If His grace is cheap, then you are correct.

Are you saying your own God allows his own followers to be judged different, based on what household they were born into.

Not very consistant.
Obviously she was pointing out that Peter at the Pearly Gates is a Catholic thing. That doesn't suggest God judges differently depending on religious interpretations.

I shot down your lies already.

If His grace is cheap, then you are correct.
God's grace isn't cheap. I know you think that's what I'm saying, but that's just your problem with reading comprehension.

That may be YOUR question.

It is not mine.

Obviously if that isn't a question that you take seriously, you're not a follower of Christ.
The amount of greatness between ants that we rarely notice and humans is microscopic compared to the amount of greatness between humans and God.

How obvious is the repentance of an ant in your perception? Are the individual actions of any ant even noticed if they avoid your jelly sandwich?

LOL....ants and jelly sandwiches, what, no peanut butter?

Are you claiming to know the mind and the plan of God? I do not make that claim. I hope and assume that He will be a just God who, perhaps in spite of justice, will find it in His plan to forgive and welcome ME.
The need to repent is written in the Bible for all of mankind to know.

God's grace isn't cheap.

Hence the reason for denouncing Cheap Grace Theology.

I know you think that's what I'm saying, but that's just your problem with reading comprehension.

Go ahead and make your case and explain why someone who doesn't change his earthly ways will go to Heaven, just by saying the right words.

Obviously she was pointing out that Peter at the Pearly Gates is a Catholic thing. That doesn't suggest God judges differently depending on religious interpretations.
God trusts Peter to judge...but only catholics.

Hence the reason for denouncing Cheap Grace Theology.

Go ahead and make your case and explain why someone who doesn't change his earthly ways will go to Heaven, just by saying the right words.
Did so on page one.

Imo, you're the only one making God's grace cheap by thinking you can earn it.

Not very consistant.
I'm saying there are true beliefs and there are false beliefs...it is up to each individual to determine what that is...

I'm saying there are true beliefs and there are false beliefs...it is up to each individual to determine what that is...
I request a title change. Hence forth, this is to be known as critical grace theory.

Obviously if that isn't a question that you take seriously, you're not a follower of Christ.

LOL....ants and jelly sandwiches, what, no peanut butter?

The need to repent is written in the Bible for all of mankind to know.

The inspired word of God is written and maintained in oral histories around the world. The inspired words of God seem to disagree in major and minor points.

The societies into which the word was injected differ and the word seems to be interpreted differently by those who "hear" "The Word" couched in the postures and fabrics of the societies of the people who heard "The Word".

It seems less likely to me that God spoke only to a few people in one very isolated and restricted society than that He spoke to many and those many "heard" His word with presuppositions and experiences.

By that method, even Jews and Christians and Muslims, all hearing the same word of God from an Entity they all agree is the SAME Entity, all heard messages that differ in specifics and generalities.

If the message is different, then we are left with trying to figure out why.

Were the misunderstandings the result of difficulties in communication, faulty interpretations by those who heard or of a faulty God.

What do you think?

Did so on page one.

Then there's no need for me to shoot it down again like I did back on page 1 is there?
Imo, you're the only one making God's grace cheap by thinking you can earn it.

I suppose you could say that repentance is a form of "earning" eternal salvation, as people who don't repent won't spend eternity with God.

Now don't get me wrong, as people like you can do good works, but that alone doesn't mean that you've repented.

What do you think?
God speaks to mankind through the Old and New Testaments. The need to repent in order to spend eternity with God is mentioned numerous times in both.

And the absolute need for repentance, is that a true belief or a false belief?

Then there's no need for me to shoot it down again like I did back on page 1 is there?

I suppose you could say that repentance is a form of "earning" eternal salvation, as people who don't repent won't spend eternity with God.

Now don't get me wrong, as people like you can do good works, but that alone doesn't mean that you've repented.
Enjoy your time on DP.

God speaks to mankind through the Old and New Testaments. The need to repent in order to spend eternity with God is mentioned numerous times in both.

I disagree. The people who wrote the Old and the New Testaments CLAIMED that they were relaying the word of God.

One of the HUGE problems is that the folks described in the New Testament were all ready to stone the woman following the "Law of Moses".

Jesus interrupted the stoning. Whose law was Jesus then supporting? If Jesus, as the Son of God, said that Moses just plain got it wrong, what are we to believe?

The prophet interpreted the word of God and an entire religion is now firmly following a different interpretation of the will of the God Abraham. Does God seriously say that women need to be stoned?

I am very curious about and very skeptical of ANYONE who claims he has the real truth regarding anything that that is not only unknown, but also unknowable.

In my life, I have experienced many occasions in which a very clearly stated message sent in writing from the originator was misinterpreted by the relayers.

I have a healthy distrust of any message relayed by a person with an agenda. In passing, this includes me.

Back
Top Bottom