• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cheap Grace Theology

The OPer is talking about Sunday morning only Christians.

“Because you are lukewarm–neither hot nor cold–I am about to spit you out of my mouth.” (Revelations) It was an analogy to the luke warm water out of Roman aqueducts.

I'm used to be around God-haters, this is nothing new.
Is it possible to hate something that doesn't exist in your mind? Maybe they just hate the way you're depicting Him.

I disagree. The people who wrote the Old and the New Testaments CLAIMED that they were relaying the word of God.

At least you're not hiding your ignorance of Holy Scripture. 2 Timothy 3:16.

Either go all in when it comes to understanding God's Word or stick to your secular humanism.

One of the HUGE problems is that the folks described in the New Testament were all ready to stone the woman following the "Law of Moses".

If you're referring to John 8: 1-11. While the Pharisees claimedthat they caught the woman in the act of adultery, where was the man? Jewish law required both parties to be brought forward. Jesus didn't fall for the trap and thus let her go. Don't feel too stupid for not knowing why He let her go, there are many Christian pastors that don't know why He did either.

Is it possible to hate something that doesn't exist in your mind? Maybe they just hate the way you're depicting Him.

I run across you God-haters frequently. There are 3 tenets to atheism:

1. There is no God (these poor lost souls have decided that He doesn't exist and don't have any desire to talk about it).
2. I HATE Him (i.e. His Word as seen in Holy Scripture. Homosexuals lead the way in this catergory, they just can't let the story of Sodom and Gomorrah and being compared to people who have sex with animals in Levitcus go).
3. I HATE Him so much that I'll reinterpret His Word to meet my selfish agenda (the 'gay' christian movement). I'm not sure how they think that the anus all of the sudden became something other than what God created it for: to expel human waste.

I run across you God-haters frequently. There are 3 tenets to atheism:

1. There is no God (these poor lost souls have decided that He doesn't exist and don't have any desire to talk about it).
2. I HATE Him (i.e. His Word as seen in Holy Scripture. Homosexuals lead the way in this catergory, they just can't let the story of Sodom and Gomorrah and being compared to people who have sex with animals in Levitcus go).
3. I HATE Him so much that I'll reinterpret His Word to meet my selfish agenda (the 'gay' christian movement). I'm not sure how they think that the anus all of the sudden became something other than what God created it for: to expel human waste.
Hopefully God grants you peace to your troubled mind.

Either go all in when it comes to understanding God's Word or stick to your secular humanism.

If you're referring to John 8: 1-11. While the Pharisees claimedthat they caught the woman in the act of adultery, where was the man? Jewish law required both parties to be brought forward. Jesus didn't fall for the trap and thus let her go. Don't feel too stupid for not knowing why He let her go, there are many Christian pastors that don't know why He did either.
There was also a requirement of 2 witnesses...

The OPer is talking about Sunday morning only Christians.

“Because you are lukewarm–neither hot nor cold–I am about to spit you out of my mouth.” (Revelations) It was an analogy to the luke warm water out of Roman aqueducts.

So many references were made in the Bible to real world, well known colloquialisms of the day, it's nice to have these explained.

Many times, the words convey meanings that are very different taken literally today than they would have been understood in the moment in the fabric of life at the time.

Why did you edit away most of my post?

It's interesting to me that you claim to have special and correct knowledge of the very hard to understand messages from the Almighty, but do not have the capability to correctly quote my words and meanings that are written for you to note.

Do you have the reference to Jesus citing the objection to the stoning of the woman based on the technicality you cite?

Back
Top Bottom