• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Che Guevara: Hero or pig?

Murdering b&#tard.

I readily admit that during my teenage years I used to be an out and out communist. But the more I read about the glorious revolutionary leaders, the more I was disgusted by the actions of Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Castro, Che and others.

It so disgusts me that Che is seen as some sort of hero, by communist apologists, when he was nothing more than a killing sociopath.

Che was a murderer, but I rather liked him.

Stalin was a revolutionary? He pretty much sat around and he is a murdering sociopath.

And everyone has to do some things bad, or this world would be totally different, no America amongst some other things.

And Communism isn't really defined by our leaders, but our ideas.

And I bet our unbiased media just cannot exxagerate and sometimes lie on some subjects.

Lab tests show that... One in 22 rats are bullies & try to dominate & control the rest.
Seems to apply to human also.
Somehow I think Guevara is the one in 22.
I wonder if kids with Che 'T' shirts on realise this.

Comrade Brian said:
Che was a murderer, but I rather liked him.

Well isn't that interesting...

And everyone has to do some things bad, or this world would be totally different, no America amongst some other things.

No one ever has to do bad things.

robin said:
Lab tests show that... One in 22 rats are bullies & try to dominate & control the rest.
Seems to apply to human also.
Somehow I think Guevara is the one in 22.
I wonder if kids with Che 'T' shirts on realise this.

I love the notion of Che T-shirts.

Check this one out- http://thoseshirts.com/checap.html

Most of the other shirts there suck really bad. But that one is pretty funny.

Those shirts are funny.:lol:

But I'td be funnier if I wore one.:lol:

He was a murderer with good intentions. An angel with an AK-47.

I like him. His ideas. Not his actions.

Che was a great man who made poor decisions. No one seems to remember him as anything other then "that Cuban dude on the T-shirts" or "the vicious commie murderer."

Also, this article seems intent on pointing out every terrible thing he's ever said out of context and making him look like a blood-thirsty killer.

Read The Motorcycle Diaries. He's an intresting man.

Wasn't Che also Argentinian? What surprised me was that he had some kind of medical degree.

Ernesto was an Argentinian born doctor from blue-blooded parents.

Then again, almost all communist revolutionaries were burgouise.

V.I. Lenin said:
He was a murderer with good intentions. An angel with an AK-47.

I like him. His ideas. Not his actions.

Che was a great man who made poor decisions. No one seems to remember him as anything other then "that Cuban dude on the T-shirts" or "the vicious commie murderer."

His actions were a reflection of his ideas. And by the way, he wasn't Cuban.

Gandhi>Bush said:
I think he's a murderer.

Silence insect. Do not blaspheme that heroic martyr for the Revolution. You should be ashamed!!

Comrade Mao Guverra said:
Silence insect. Do not blaspheme that heroic martyr for the Revolution. You should be ashamed!!

What's a "Guverra"? Isn't that a tropical shirt?

Comrade Mao Guverra said:

He's a murderer. Why can't communists try to get their point across without killing people? That's why no one likes communists.

Im Personally a Marxist-Partially but I believe that The Past Communist Leaders in the 20th century have all been either corrupt, or ineffective or insane murderous leaders. Che, I am sorry to say I dont know much about, I know more about the Pre-1950 Communist Leaders, and Also Mao Too.

Che was misguided but his heart was in the right place. If only he'd embraced libertarian marxists

Gandhi>Bush said:
I think he's a murderer.

The same has been said about Nelson Mandela,but I'm sure that most of us would agree that he is a great man who fought against a tyrannical racist regime!

Comrade Brian said:
But he still had many good things to say.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Che_Guevara

"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men."

Voltaire

Comrade Brian said:
And I bet George Washington murdered someone in his lifetime.

Obviously he did! He was a soldier , and a General! He Ordered People to his Death, Isnt Ordering Thousands To Go and Die still killing as in Shooting them in the head?

Comrade Brian said:
But he still had many good things to say.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Che_Guevara

Che was a mentally inbalanced man who by the time he arrived in Cuba, was full of hate and directly ordered the death of thousands....including children and innocent farmers who refused to join his "revolution". Ruthless, cold blooded and calculating he was Fidel Castro's main henchman, who early in the Revolution killed and eliminated everyone who could challenge his Marxist Leninist ideas.

Those who are not aware of his past, need to know the truth by reading more ...not just his quotes.

Guevara’s "admirers" have constructed, manipulated and displayed his image for mainly political and economic ends. The idealization of the Argentine revolutionary portraying him as a romantic hero, intellectual and freedom fighter, contributes to the distortion of Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

During the Cuban missile crisis, he was in favor of a nuclear war because he believed that a better world could be built from the ashes, regardless of the cost in millions of lives.

Since you like quotes, I'm going to give you one of Che's:

"Blind hate against the enemy creates a forceful impulse that cracks the boundaries of natural human limitations, transforming the soldier in an effective, selective and cold killing machine. A people without hate cannot triumph against the adversary."

Guevara’s elevation as symbol of goodness, due to the self-indulgence and frivolity of pampered Western pseudo revolutionaries, speaks clearly of their lack of critical objective analysis, forgetting that the difference between "Che" and Pol Pot was that Guevara never studied in Paris.

Good article: "Killer Chic" (with good sources)

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=12467

Back
Top Bottom