• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Che Guevara: Hero or pig?

MiamiFlorida said:
He was quite skilled in the art of killing.

Who Rommel or Guevara?

What I am saying here has nothing to do with how many people Rommel or Guevara or Franco have killed. I don't really give a rat's 2ssa. I am saying that Guevara's text on urban guerilla warfare is a work that is important in the military process, Rommel and Franco's tactics and strategy are works of great marvel that the US Armoured Corps and others still employs today. Plese don't miscintrue my military comments in to political comments. That has nothing to do with my commentary and I am not interested in their politics only what they offer militarily.

Inuyasha said:
What I am saying here has nothing to do with how many people Rommel or Guevara or Franco have killed. I don't really give a rat's 2ssa. I am saying that Guevara's text on urban guerilla warfare is a work that is important in the military process, Rommel and Franco's tactics and strategy are works of great marvel that the US Armoured Corps and others still employs today. Plese don't miscintrue my military comments in to political comments. That has nothing to do with my commentary and I am not interested in their politics only what they offer militarily.

Guevara's Manual was actually based on Mao's "Strategic problems of the Revolutionary War of China", "The Struggle in the Mountains of Chinkang", and "Guerrilla Warfare Against Japan". Guevara was an ardent follower of Mao.

Comrade Brian said:
Che was a murderer, but I rather liked him.

Stalin was a revolutionary? He pretty much sat around and he is a murdering sociopath.

And everyone has to do some things bad, or this world would be totally different, no America amongst some other things.

And Communism isn't really defined by our leaders, but our ideas.

And I bet our unbiased media just cannot exxagerate and sometimes lie on some subjects.

A detailed look at Stalin's history will show that he and Lenin were both indeed revolutionaries. Both he and Lenin knew quite alot of good strategies on fomenting revolutions and overthrowing governments.

However, murder is apart of human nature unfortunately. Not every human will murder but many will in order to survive. I think human nature can be very barbaric in the absence of law or when a human being gains too much power. Law is what keeps human nature in check.

TimmyBoy said:
A detailed look at Stalin's history will show that he and Lenin were both indeed revolutionaries. Both he and Lenin knew quite alot of good strategies on fomenting revolutions and overthrowing governments.

However, murder is apart of human nature unfortunately. Not every human will murder but many will in order to survive. I think human nature can be very barbaric in the absence of law or when a human being gains too much power. Law is what keeps human nature in check.

Yeah but stalin didn't do much in the Russian Revolution(November, 1917) I forgot what he did but I remember that he didn't do much. The leaders of it were Lenin, Trotsky, and some other guy(I fogot his name), And later when Stalin got power , he took credit for most of it. He also tried to appear as close friends with Lenin( but the two hated each other). And later Stalin denounced communistic revolutions and said to foreign governments that they never wanted revolutions. And Stalin was a friend of hitler. And also during Stalins reign everything said: Comrade Stalin Achieved this, Comrade Stalin Achieved that. It pretty much glorified himself. Trotsky was way cooler.

Comrade Brian said:
Yeah but stalin didn't do much in the Russian Revolution(November, 1917) I forgot what he did but I remember that he didn't do much. The leaders of it were Lenin, Trotsky, and some other guy(I fogot his name), And later when Stalin got power , he took credit for most of it. He also tried to appear as close friends with Lenin( but the two hated each other). And later Stalin denounced communistic revolutions and said to foreign governments that they never wanted revolutions. And Stalin was a friend of hitler. And also during Stalins reign everything said: Comrade Stalin Achieved this, Comrade Stalin Achieved that. It pretty much glorified himself. Trotsky was way cooler.

Your history on Stalin is very good. I would disagree with you on the fact that Stalin and Hitler were friends. I believe that Stalin planned to attack Hitler first but Hitler beat him to the punch. The Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union, I think, was a pre-emptive strike.

TimmyBoy said:
Your history on Stalin is very good. I would disagree with you on the fact that Stalin and Hitler were friends. I believe that Stalin planned to attack Hitler first but Hitler beat him to the punch. The Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union, I think, was a pre-emptive strike.

I meant that they were friends until then. But they traded a lot of goods with each other. And they didn't denounce the other person.

And they both invaded Poland, most likely for a buffer, though.

Stalin was so paranoid that i doubt if he had any friends at all, let alone a person as untrustworthy as Hitler.

Comrade Brian said:
I meant that they were friends until then. But they traded a lot of goods with each other. And they didn't denounce the other person.

And they both invaded Poland, most likely for a buffer, though.

Stalin was very intelligent. Stalin was double dealing between the West and Hitler. Hitler was busy fighting the West and did not want to end up fighting the Soviet Union at the same time. So, when Stalin started making contacts with the West, this alarmed Hitler and made him willing to cut a deal. Give him half of Poland and the Baltic republics, in return Stalin doesn't strike Germany. Stalin agreed and charged Hitler a heavy price for agreeing not to attack while he was engaged with the West in war. The only reason why Stalin sent diplomats to make contacts with the West, wasn't because he wanted to join the West in an alliance, it was a manuever designed to force Hitler to cut a deal with him. I think Stalin's plans were to let the West and Hilter kill each other and then he would attack and "save Europe" and make it all communist. You see, Stalin viewed the capitalist West as well as fascism as an enemy. The communists believed that positive change in the world could not come until captialism was destroyed. Stalin planned to use Hitler to help him with that goal. Unfortunately for Stalin, Hitler began to pick up on Stalin's plans and thus had no alternative but to pre-empt Stalin and attack first before Stalin could strike.

Yeah but stalin didn't do much in the Russian Revolution(November, 1917) I forgot what he did but I remember that he didn't do much. The leaders of it were Lenin, Trotsky, and some other guy(I fogot his name),
Not quite sure who this "some other guy" you're talking about..perhaps you meant Vladimir Antonov-Ovseenko? He was an important leader in the October Revolution

A detailed look at Stalin's history will show that he and Lenin were both indeed revolutionaries
Stalin had a very small role in the Revolution. He robbed banks, was a petty theif. He was no leader, he wanted to be one, but wasn't. He rose through the ranks once the government was established, but had almost no part in creating said government.

And Stalin was a friend of hitler
Stalin was friends with very few. Hitler had power, Hitler scared Stalin. Stalin was not friends with him, they were temporary allies.

Trotsky was way cooler
Trotsky was an intellectual, and known in Russia for his biting sarcasm. I love the man for that. :mrgreen:

And as for all of what Timmyboy said above me...well put. You know your Stalinist history well.

josh said:
If only he'd embraced libertarian marxists

"Libertarian Marxists"?

Walk me through how that one works.

Back
Top Bottom