• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chauvin Seeks New Trial, Alleges Prosecutorial & Jury Misconduct

People in Minnesota have computers and TVs believe it or not.

Minneapolis has the largest and most diverse community to pick a jury from.

The odds of finding 14 jurors anywhere else in the state that did not have an opinion on the murder, even before the trial were slim.

Now it's zero...
None of which should prevent a court granting a change of venue or sequestering a jury for the curation of a trial.

Of course you have evidence of this, counselor. Other than your feelings, I mean, and your sad that a white cop didn't get away with killing a black man on camera.
For anyone else, that would be an incredibly vile accusation to make against another poster. For you its just post 77,931.

Let a new trial come about the same conclusions you expound
So it will be like the 2020 election the Benghazi inquires and all that. Keep doing going until you get the answer you want not the right one.

When this 1st happened I remember thinking 'this cop knelt on a man's neck for 9 minutes in front of witnesses and on film, and he didn't care'? How does our society produce people that callous, people who think their job is that much above the law'?

Then I read a month ago a cop beat the hell out of a 73 YO woman, then watched it on tape and laughed about it and 'fist bumped' another cop when the woman's shoulder popped out and dislocated.

I guess I'm old, I just don't understand WTH is going on in this country, and I really don't understand the people who say they love this country, but then defend police state tactics simply to 'own the other side' in politics..

And if you can prove that, then the appeal may have some basis in fact.
There will be an appeal. The media and certain elected officials gave the defense grounds for an appeal.

Last edited:
That’s hair splitting.

It very much is not.

The judge that will rule on the Motion for a New Trial is the same judge who just oversaw the trial. It is staggeringly unlikely to succeed.

An appeal is almost as unlikely to succeed, but would involve an entirely different court.

A comment on a message board is not an element of criminal jurisprudence.

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

It very much is not.

The judge that will rule on the Motion for a New Trial is the same judge who just oversaw the trial. It is staggeringly unlikely to succeed.

An appeal is almost as unlikely to succeed, but would involve an entirely different court.
Please. You’re splitting hairs by correcting something which didn’t need to be corrected.

He wont get a new trial, nor should he. He was convicted because he never produced a defense of his actions. He needed to explain why it was he kneeled on the neck of a man cuffed and laying face down in the street long after the guy had passed out. Unless you believe Floyd would have died in the back seat of the cruiser (had they gotten him in there) then you can only conclude that Chavins actions contributed to Floyds death. The jury found him guilty based upon the evidence they heard and no matter how many times he stands trial, the outcome will be the same.
Right! We're in the social justice era now, baby! The accused must prove their innocence or be forever deemed guilty, guilty guilty!

Back
Top Bottom