• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chauvin juror lied about BLM protest attendance

You haven't gotten a whiff of reality yet. You're painting this juror as being some big political activist and supporter of BLM, as having an agenda and a predetermined verdict in mind. And yet he didn't attend a single one of the multitude of protests or BLM sponsored demonstrations about George Floyd that went on for weeks anywhere in or near where he lived. And in all that time no posts appears in any social media platform authored by him that were in anyway indicative of public activism or that opined as to what happened to Floyd, But yet he travels, as you say, 'half way across the country' just to attend a protest against police and the murder of George Floyd. Which he could've done quite easily any number of times right near his home. I think not. Obviously to him that event in Washington was about much more than just police brutality or George Floyd. It was about being a part of something bigger to him. He even said that it was an "opportunity to be around thousands and thousands of Black people” and “to be a part of something.” And besides he also said he "never been to Washington DC before" and wanted to see it. It was an event for him. So he may have gotten a T-shirt, (a T-shirt btw that doesn't have Floyd's name or image anywhere on it, it did have an image of MLK Jr. on it though), a memento of his big trip. I'm sure they sold plenty of them there. But what proof do you have that Mitchell's affiliations with BLM extend anywhere beyond merely wearing the shirt? None that I can see. What assumptions am I to make about you if I were to see a picture of you wearing a MAGA hat or attending a Trump rally? So the title of the march was 'get your knee off our necks', So what? It's a metaphor. You know what a metaphor is? A metaphor states that one thing is another thing. It equates those two things not because they actually are the same, but for the sake of comparison or symbolism. And is often used to add color to language In this case it was used both ways.
The defense has the ability to strike certain jurors and they do so assuming objectivity and honesty in answering the questions. Do you think the defense would have wanted to strike a juror who traveled 1500 miles to a George Floyd focused protest wearing a shirt that said "get your knee off our necks?" Most people don't work to get themselves on jury duty. It's a pain in the butt. It's rare for someone to lie in favor of being selected and then after the verdict go around running to the media telling other people to do what they can to get on juries so they can create the political change he desires.

Back
Top Bottom