• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Chat Room Debate 10/10/05...Religion

tecoyah

Illusionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I honestly dont know if this will be of any interest or not...but I propose a little experiment. At 8:00pm eastern time, there will be a debate in the chatroom listed below. My hope is this will allow for realtime debate and at the same time, allow people to get to understand each other more clearly.

I will send invites but all are certainly welcome to take part.

Program: mIRC

Room: Debate_Politics

Server: irc.shadowfire.org (6667)

This debate will be Moderated

The room is open now....just a heads up, 5:30pm EST

How is this gonna start? Cuz if it's gonna be a "Let's shoot at the Christians and see how they react" discussion then I ain't gonna do it.

OK....understand, I am a Moderator on one of the largest boards on the web, and intend to Mod this entire thing. There will be no bashing accepted, those that do so will be removed. I had intended to make the Room Rules clear inside the room but, this will work as well.

Flaming is unacceptable
Debate will be civil and directed(ie: nonsense corrected as needed)
Name calling is considered flame

I would hope the members of this forum are adult enough to maintain civility, and discuss the topic. Again, if this is not the case....I will remove the offender.

To get there you must have the mIRC client....it is free.
the server name and room name are listed in this thread.

Oh well.....it was worth a try.

tecoyah said:
Oh well.....it was worth a try.

Did you mean 8pm Eastern? I am sorry I missed it then, because I am central time.

What was the discussion to be about? I would like such a discussion to take place sometime, though Mondays are the only fairly easy time for me. Maybe you need to announce it with more notice.

tecoyah said:
I honestly dont know if this will be of any interest or not...but I propose a little experiment. At 8:00pm eastern time, there will be a debate in the chatroom listed below. My hope is this will allow for realtime debate and at the same time, allow people to get to understand each other more clearly.

I will send invites but all are certainly welcome to take part.

Program: mIRC

Room: Debate_Politics

Server: irc.shadowfire.org (6667)

This debate will be Moderated

did I mis it dang
didnt see your mesage
I would love to come to any debate
I have lots of info 2 filing cabinets full
Sorry about not chking my messages dang I wish I had
set another up Ill be there for common sense debate no monkey bussiness serious debate

send me another msg when you set it up
I'll be sure to watch for it

Last edited:
Donkey1499 said:
monkey business... like Bush's oil company? (Bush looks like a monkey):rofl
no that would be common sense

Back
Top Bottom