• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in lo

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A leading North Carolina newspaper issued an editorial last week telling girls to attempt “overcoming discomfort” at the sight of “male genitalia,” should transgender bathroom laws be enacted.

In a defense of President Obama’s order compelling schools to allow access to restrooms on the basis of gender identity, the Charlotte Observer editorial board compared the discomfort of school-aged girls seeing male genitalia in locker rooms to the discomfort of white people being around black people in post-segregation America.

“This is what the Obama administration nudged the rest of the country toward Friday,” the editorial said. “Yes, the thought of male genitalia in girls’ locker rooms — and vice versa — might be distressing to some. But the battle for equality has always been in part about overcoming discomfort — with blacks sharing facilities, with gays sharing marriage — then realizing it was not nearly so awful as some people imagined.”

snip...

Charlotte Observer: Girls must try 'overcoming discomfort' of seeing 'male genitalia' in bathrooms - Washington Times

Damn our daughters for the sake of a deviant few.

Re: Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ i

A leading North Carolina newspaper issued an editorial last week telling girls to attempt “overcoming discomfort” at the sight of “male genitalia,” should transgender bathroom laws be enacted.

In a defense of President Obama’s order compelling schools to allow access to restrooms on the basis of gender identity, the Charlotte Observer editorial board compared the discomfort of school-aged girls seeing male genitalia in locker rooms to the discomfort of white people being around black people in post-segregation America.

“This is what the Obama administration nudged the rest of the country toward Friday,” the editorial said. “Yes, the thought of male genitalia in girls’ locker rooms — and vice versa — might be distressing to some. But the battle for equality has always been in part about overcoming discomfort — with blacks sharing facilities, with gays sharing marriage — then realizing it was not nearly so awful as some people imagined.”

snip...

Charlotte Observer: Girls must try 'overcoming discomfort' of seeing 'male genitalia' in bathrooms - Washington Times

What a terrible editorial. By that logic it also means that before this effort came to the news (to freak everyone out about) girls all on their own were running around in the girl's bathroom showing each other their female genitalia.

Re: Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ i

What a terrible editorial. By that logic it also means that before this effort came to the news (to freak everyone out about) girls all on their own were running around in the girl's bathroom showing each other their female genitalia.

Just comparing transgender issues to the plight of Blacks pre-civil rights was enough for me. That argument is an insult to Blacks.

Just comparing transgender issues to the plight of Blacks pre-civil rights was enough for me. That argument is an insult to Blacks.

This argument about, and frankly irrational fear of, transgenders is an insult to everyone with an IQ above their shoe size. This should not be the problem that hysteria on this subject is making it out to be, and with each passing day it gets more absurd.

Comparing white people to girls? Comparing married people to girls?

This is attempting to justify a civil rights issue without exploring who these people are by using the pain of historically oppressed peoples. :peace

snip...

The editorial is offensive, but makes me wonder why they just aren't proposing that there is no such thing as gender specific bathrooms and lockerrooms for anyone, period.

This argument about, and frankly irrational fear of, transgenders is an insult to everyone with an IQ above their shoe size. This should not be the problem that hysteria on this subject is making it out to be, and with each passing day it gets more absurd.

There are companies like Target that won't police their bath or dressing rooms for fear of insulting somebody. Transgenders are just in the middle being used as an excuse. Other freaks are abusing this privilege.

That's what parents are so upset about.

Time for the CO's editor to check Bradford Richardson's online storage. He may be stumping to legalize something he's already doing.

snip...

Equality is not such a thing.They use different ideologies for their nonsense.

I've been in public bathrooms a lot and I've never seen another person's genitalia.

I've been in public bathrooms a lot and I've never seen another person's genitalia.

No, but it kind of shows in locker room showers. There was a time when I would have loved to shower with the girls. In fact, I've always liked showering with women. Daisy chains and laughs.

I love showering with women, too, but the point is that some people don't. In fact I live with exclusively women. I think some level of homogenization is good for learning boundaries at a young age. But genitalia isn't really the issue here, which is what makes it so comical. Try not to hold your breath while raging hormones slowly give way to conscious thought throughout the nation.

Well some folks are innies so to speak. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom