• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Charlie Rangel violated multiple ethics provision - to stand trial.

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
excellent. dem or rep; if you are corrupt, you deserve to go down, publicly, in flames (metaphorically).

A House ethics subcommittee announced Thursday that it found that Rep. Charles B. Rangel violated congressional ethics rules and that it will prepare for a trial, probably beginning in September. The panel is expected to make the details of his alleged violations public next Thursday.

Rangel (D-N.Y.) has been under the House ethics committee's microscope since early 2008 after it was reported that he may have used his House position to benefit his financial interests. Two of the most serious inquiries have focused on Rangel's failure to declare $239,000 to $831,000 in assets on his disclosure forms, and on his effort to raise money for a private center named after him at City College of New York using his congressional letterhead.

In March, Rangel reluctantly stepped down as chairman of the Ways and Means Committee -- a week after the ethics panel ruled in a separate case that he had broken congressional gift rules by accepting trips to conferences in the Caribbean that were financed by corporate interests...

excellent. dem or rep; if you are corrupt, you deserve to go down, publicly, in flames (metaphorically).

A House ethics subcommittee announced Thursday that it found that Rep. Charles B. Rangel violated congressional ethics rules and that it will prepare for a trial, probably beginning in September. The panel is expected to make the details of his alleged violations public next Thursday.

Rangel (D-N.Y.) has been under the House ethics committee's microscope since early 2008 after it was reported that he may have used his House position to benefit his financial interests. Two of the most serious inquiries have focused on Rangel's failure to declare $239,000 to $831,000 in assets on his disclosure forms, and on his effort to raise money for a private center named after him at City College of New York using his congressional letterhead.

In March, Rangel reluctantly stepped down as chairman of the Ways and Means Committee -- a week after the ethics panel ruled in a separate case that he had broken congressional gift rules by accepting trips to conferences in the Caribbean that were financed by corporate interests...

There should be a criminal trial. But with Obama/ Holder and Cuomo in NY as attorney general, he probably does not have to worry about going to jail.

It is rare that someone with no criminal record would go to jail over this anyway.

I'd be happy with a conviction and probation.

It is rare that someone with no criminal record would go to jail over this anyway.

I'd be happy with a conviction and probation.

He's a democrat. You know he gets carte blanche but glad to see you and I are on the same page for a change.

I'm waiting to see what happens with Rod Blagojevich.

He's a democrat. You know he gets carte blanche but glad to see you and I are on the same page for a change.

I'm waiting to see what happens with Rod Blagojevich.

Most politicians on both sides get treated with kid gloves, you know that. I can give you a Republican member who did something corrupt who is still there for every Democrat who is still there.

I'm against corruption in politics no matter who does it.

There should be a criminal trial. But with Obama/ Holder and Cuomo in NY as attorney general, he probably does not have to worry about going to jail.

do ethics violaters normally go to jail?

Most politicians on both sides get treated with kid gloves, you know that. I can give you a Republican member who did something corrupt who is still there for every Democrat who is still there.

I'm against corruption in politics no matter who does it.

Greed and corruption runs through all parties, all skin color, all socio-economic levels, and both sexes.

What is shocking though is so call intelligent people who get their hands caught in the cookie jar. Shocking and very amusing too.

do ethics violaters normally go to jail?

Tax evaders do..... unless they are Congress critters, or in this administration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom