• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Charging up my PAX2 vaporizer & getting ready to vape my legal stuff

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Unpacked the vaporizer, which is quite small & slim in silver. It has 2 brass charging contacts on one side. The magnetic charger rests on those contacts & the display lights up. The charging cable fits into a standard-sized USB connector, so I had no plans to use my external hard drive today so no trouble using that connector on my Dell tower.

I'm glad I have big magnifying glass as the instructions are in very small print, which I can't read even with my reading glasses.

Reviewing the menu at my local dispensary, the max flower weight purchase per day is 21 grams. Flowers are sold in 3.5 gram lots. I made a list of different flower strains & ran total on weight & $$$. Six 3.5 gram lots of different strains in small glass bottles comes to $300, which I can afford. I have a good supply of cotton, so I may switch one to a concentrate.

Buying & indulging in legal pot in an up-tight state like PA is about as unusual experience as was my first trip to Amsterdam. Smoking a joint while watching the side street through a big plate glass window was a very unusual expeience after years of obtaining & using pot clandestinely.

I'm presently trying to rescue my second legal crop of the year from ever-****ing powdery mildew. I turn my back for two days - just two damn days - and it pretty much killed one plant (I'm trying to rescue that one too but will probably have to trash it). Working on eradicating it.

I'm presently trying to rescue my second legal crop of the year from ever-****ing powdery mildew. I turn my back for two days - just two damn days - and it pretty much killed one plant (I'm trying to rescue that one too but will probably have to trash it). Working on eradicating it.
I would guess your problem is humidity (high) & poor air circulation.

How to Eliminate White Powdery Mildew
As I mentioned earlier, I recently had a battle with White Powdery Mildew. Rather, it might have been a battle if I noticed it later or waited to fix the problem. That’s the one good thing about WPM: in most cases when WPM is caught early, you can remove all traces of the mildew without harming your plants.

There are quite a few products and homemade concoctions people use to treat WPM. Among the effective treatments are:

• Milk (1:9 ratio of milk to water)
  • Baking soda (2 tablespoons per gallon of water)
  • Neem Oil (4 teaspoons per gallon of water)
  • Hydrogen Peroxide (1 teaspoon of 35% H202 per gallon of water)
  • SM-90 (1:5 ratio of SM-90 to water)
Rather than go into these methods, I’m going to give you the simple strategy I use that gets rid of White Powdery Mildew on the first try, every time! Here’s my trusted 3-Step White Powdery Mold cure:

1. Remove White Powdery Mildew from leaves – Get some water (tap water works fine) and some paper towels. Wet the paper towels and use them to gently wipe the mildew off the affected leaves whilst being careful not to jostle any leaves with spores on them. Using a wet cloth will ensure that more spores stick to the cloth instead of becoming airborne. Note: While it isn’t necessary to use paper towels, their disposability helps to curb the spread of spores from one leaf to another.
  2. Ensure plants have proper airflow and ventilation – Even if you have absolutely no airflow or ventilation in your grow room, having just two fans will drastically reduce your chances of encountering WPM while also benefitting your plant’s overall health. One fan should be oscillating if possible and should gently blow air over your plants. All the plants need is enough air to gently rustle their leaves which will make it hard for WPM to settle down. The second fan should be in your grow room pointing outward to exchange old air with fresh air. Having a fan pointing out of your grow room will force old air out of the room, and in turn, pull new air into the room. At this point, you’ll have new air coming in, being used and circulated, then kicked out. Keep in mind that two fans is a minimum.
  3. Treat the infected plant with one of the options below to kill spores prevent future growth – Mix up your treatment of choice in a clean sprayer/mister. We recommend Lost Coast Plant Therapy (1oz/2btsp per gallon of water) or GrowSafe (2oz/4tbsp per gallon of water) as a safe second option. Make sure to consult the instructions on your treatment of choice to find the recommended dosage. Wait until just before your lights for off for the day and mist your (newly cleaned) plants. Get all the leaves even if you don’t see WPM on them!
There you have it! If you end up running into White Powdery Mildew, give this advice a shot and you won’t have to deal with it past that first day. If you do end up using these steps, feel free to let us know if it helped you or not, or how you did it differently. When growers know just a little bit about this plant disease, it doesn’t have a chance!

How to Eliminate White Powdery Mildew
As I mentioned earlier, I recently had a battle with White Powdery Mildew. Rather, it might have been a battle if I noticed it later or waited to fix the problem. That’s the one good thing about WPM: in most cases when WPM is caught early, you can remove all traces of the mildew without harming your plants.

There are quite a few products and homemade concoctions people use to treat WPM. Among the effective treatments are:

• Milk (1:9 ratio of milk to water)
  • Baking soda (2 tablespoons per gallon of water)
  • Neem Oil (4 teaspoons per gallon of water)
  • Hydrogen Peroxide (1 teaspoon of 35% H202 per gallon of water)
  • SM-90 (1:5 ratio of SM-90 to water)

Yup. I'm rotating a cast of those, but at even higher concentrations that you're supposed to use. The plants were very near harvest anyway so I don't care if this ends up killing them. I need that mildew 100% dead and washed off before drying and curing.

It was mainly humidity and cool temps.
I use a room dehumidifer for mold control in my basement/office. Got to keepRH below 50 to keep mold in check. Amazon sells inexensive & excellent humidity gauges.

Add: heater (light bulbs?), fan, dehumidifier. Follow instructions in article I posted.

Unpacked the vaporizer, which is quite small & slim in silver. It has 2 brass charging contacts on one side. The magnetic charger rests on those contacts & the display lights up. The charging cable fits into a standard-sized USB connector, so I had no plans to use my external hard drive today so no trouble using that connector on my Dell tower.

I'm glad I have big magnifying glass as the instructions are in very small print, which I can't read even with my reading glasses.

Reviewing the menu at my local dispensary, the max flower weight purchase per day is 21 grams. Flowers are sold in 3.5 gram lots. I made a list of different flower strains & ran total on weight & $$$. Six 3.5 gram lots of different strains in small glass bottles comes to $300, which I can afford. I have a good supply of cotton, so I may switch one to a concentrate.

Buying & indulging in legal pot in an up-tight state like PA is about as unusual experience as was my first trip to Amsterdam. Smoking a joint while watching the side street through a big plate glass window was a very unusual expeience after years of obtaining & using pot clandestinely.

My new vaporizer was about 90-95% charged when I got it. It was kind of surprising.

Yup. I'm rotating a cast of those, but at even higher concentrations that you're supposed to use. The plants were very near harvest anyway so I don't care if this ends up killing them. I need that mildew 100% dead and washed off before drying and curing.

Not fun. We lost one crop to that and one to regular mold a couple of hot humid summers ago.

Back
Top Bottom