• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Charges Against Trump Staffer Corey Lewandowski to Be Dropped: Report

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Surprised? Angry? Agree.....disagree?

Florida prosecutors will announce Thursday whether they plan to prosecute Donald Trump's campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, on a battery charge in connection with former Breitbart News Network reporter Michelle Fields, Fields said Wednesday.

Politico, citing multiple sources whom it didn't identify, reported Wednesday that Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg will announce Thursday that he won't pursue the charge.

More here:

Charges Against Trump Staffer Corey Lewandowski to Be Dropped: Report - NBC News

If it's true, I'm not at all surprised. I can't stand Trump and think Lewandowski is a piece of **** (like his boss) but I was one of the few non-Trump fans to say I didn't see this as assault.

Not surprised. Inside of a courtroom this case becomes just as much of a mess as outside of the courtroom.

Why should he be charged? He did nothing.

Too bad the Secret Service didn't blow her head off.

What's wrong with you? Wow.

Not surprised. Inside of a courtroom this case becomes just as much of a mess as outside of the courtroom.

And, just being practical here, a trial would be an unnecessary distraction.

Wut??

I don't agree with the police and posters that he battered her, but I also don't think she did anything that warrants a death sentence. Not even close. Not even a wee bit.

And, just being practical here, a trial would be an unnecessary distraction.

The trial itself would be about more than the "incident." We have little evidence to the contrary, it would end up a political fiasco inside the courtroom.

Have you lost your mind? No one did anything warranting an on the spot execution.

He did nothing wrong, this was a joke from the get go.

this was about a reporter who got her feelings hurt, and a writer who decided to try and make a story about it

i have seen much worse at a jimmy buffett concert where people were stoned....

maybe an apology was warranted....and could have quashed the issue

glad it is over....what a drama queen

Imo, she would not have filed a complaint if this thuggish pig had apologized. I'd say the evidence was enough to warrant a charge. I dunno about the details to have an opinion about how the authorities should proceed.

Imo, she would not have filed a complaint if this thuggish pig had apologized. I'd say the evidence was enough to warrant a charge. I dunno about the details to have an opinion about how the authorities should proceed.
Why should he apologize to her? He should countersue if the charges are dropped. People bump into me all the time in crowded areas. The audio transcript+police report prove that she did this in order to turn everything into a spectacle.

People bump into me all the time in crowded areas.

How often do they grab you by the arm and pull you back? As a rule, I don't grab women by the arm and pull them back, and I'm completely confident that you don't either.

How often do they grab you by the arm and pull you back? As a rule, I don't grab women by the arm and pull them back, and I'm completely confident that you don't either.
One time a person grabbed my left arm. Then I proceeded to claim that I had been forcefully body slammed to the ground. I took pictures of some scars I got when I fell off my bike as a 13 year old and then claimed that they were bruises caused by a person grabbing me. My buddy next to me proceeded to make as big of a deal about it in the media as possible and then I pressed charges against the individual but changed my story after video came out about the non-incident...

See where I'm going with this...

One time a person grabbed my left arm. Then I proceeded to claim that I had been forcefully body slammed to the ground. I took pictures of some scars I got when I fell off my bike as a 13 year old and then claimed that they were bruises caused by a person grabbing me. My buddy next to me proceeded to make as big of a deal about it in the media as possible and then I pressed charges against the individual but changed my story after video came out about the non-incident...

See where I'm going with this...

i think so
but thus far, it does not cast you in a positive light

Why Trump needs to be kept as far as possible from the White House.

I doubt America's claim to freedom of the press if you start assassinating reporters

Correlating some internet poster's dumb comment to Trump supporting assassinating reporters is dubious at best. The anti-Trump people are just as nutty, if not nuttier, than the Trump boot-lickers.

Surprised? Angry? Agree.....disagree?

Florida prosecutors will announce Thursday whether they plan to prosecute Donald Trump's campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, on a battery charge in connection with former Breitbart News Network reporter Michelle Fields, Fields said Wednesday.

Politico, citing multiple sources whom it didn't identify, reported Wednesday that Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg will announce Thursday that he won't pursue the charge.

More here:

Charges Against Trump Staffer Corey Lewandowski to Be Dropped: Report - NBC News

If it's true, I'm not at all surprised. I can't stand Trump and think Lewandowski is a piece of **** (like his boss) but I was one of the few non-Trump fans to say I didn't see this as assault.

Is there a single reporter worth his or her job who hasn't been hassled or jostled while attempting to get in the face of a politician who doesn't want to be interviewed? This was only an issue because it was Trump. Wouldn't surprise me if the delicate flower already has a civil attorney and a civil lawsuit burning a hole in her pocket ready to file.

Wut??

I don't agree with the police and posters that he battered her, but I also don't think she did anything that warrants a death sentence. Not even close. Not even a wee bit.

I believe he battered her, but I also believe that it was not intentional. He bruised her while attempting to keep up with Trump, who he was assigned to protect. Although I believe a battery happened, I am OK with this decision.

Back
Top Bottom