• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chaos at conservative think tank after donor revealed as Russian ‘oligarch’

sangha

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[h=1]Chaos at conservative think tank after donor revealed as Russian ‘oligarch’[/h]
Chaos has erupted at a conservative think tank after it was revealed that one of its new donors is Len Blavatnik, the Ukrainian-born billionaire who owns the Warner Music record label.

Charles Davidson — the founder of the Hudson Institute’s Kleptocracy Initiative, a group dedicated to exposing threats by authoritarian regimes to US democracy — said he quit as its executive director upon learning that the Hudson Institute had accepted a $50,000 donation from Blavatnik.
“Russian kleptocracy has entered the donor pool of Hudson Institute,” Davidson said in an exclusive interview with The Post. “Blavatnik is precisely what the Kleptocracy Initiative is fighting against — the influence of Putin’s oligarchs on America’s political system and society — and the importation of corrupt Russian business practices and values.”

https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/chaos...ank-after-donor-revealed-as-russian-oligarch/

I wonder if there are any right wing institutions that are not in Russias pocket :shrug:

I wonder if there are any right wing institutions that are not in Russias pocket :shrug:
I wonder as well.

But, you know, being a true [ not bigoted towards one group over any others ] rw&b American, I more wonder about how deep they are in ALL our institutions. I wonder even more about Chinese penetration.

Yano? No? I guess not, how could you, eh?

How does this guy end up in almost every story?

"Blavatnik — long friendly with bigwig politicians like Bill Clinton"

I wonder as well.

But, you know, being a true [ not bigoted towards one group over any others ] rw&b American, I more wonder about how deep they are in ALL our institutions. I wonder even more about Chinese penetration.

Yano? No? I guess not, how could you, eh?

:lol: :lol:

Sorry, my inner 9 year old just emerged.

Carry on.

:lol: :lol:

Sorry, my inner 9 year old just emerged.

Carry on.
Well, I would reply as I would to any nine-year-old then, when they have an offending thing in their mouth... spit it out.

Yano? Its a debate site, not a chuckles site for nine-year-olds, right?

I will have to say that the founder of that institute showed a level of ethics not many on the right would show.

[Chinese penetration] .
Yeah, Gaugingcatenate seems to feel the penetration is deeper than he believes others feel, but the reality is it may be wider penetration and not deeper. Maybe we'll have to let him speak for himself on this one.

China is broadly into a lot of things, but I doubt it's as deep as putting their presidential pick in the oval office. Yano?

This guy is a British citizen with a knighthood. His family emigrated to the US when he was 21. He attended Columbia and Harvard. He also gave money to Obama. The only eruptions appear to be in liberals' drawers.

Well, I would reply as I would to any nine-year-old then, when they have an offending thing in their mouth... spit it out.

Yano? Its a debate site, not a chuckles site for nine-year-olds, right?

Then how is it that you are still here?

Yeah, Gaugingcatenate seems to feel the penetration is deeper than he believes others feel, but the reality is it may be wider penetration and not deeper. Maybe we'll have to let him speak for himself on this one.

China is broadly into a lot of things, but I doubt it's as deep as putting their presidential pick in the oval office. Yano?

Well it's not the length of the cargo ships that are being turned away thanks to tariffs, it's the motion of the ocean that carries said cargo ships. Or doesn't carry them, as the case may be.

This guy is a British citizen with a knighthood. His family emigrated to the US when he was 21. He attended Columbia and Harvard. He also gave money to Obama. The only eruptions appear to be in liberals' drawers.

THREAD KILLER. Those PESKY FACTS vs Left Emotion...again.

Conan the thread killler.jpg

Still unable to recognize real debate yet, eh?

Practice practice practice... and then perhaps practice practice even more. It'll come, maybe, don't give up.

Yeah, well I have been talking to you this morning, so.....

Most certainly a vast improvement then.

Well done. Keep your nose to the grindstone tho, they say.

A vast improvement from what? I thought you wanted actual, real debate. Let me know when you find someone, then send them my way.

A vast improvement from what? I thought you wanted actual, real debate. Let me know when you find someone, then send them my way.

Now, c'mon... why would I go and exert effort on all that? Finding it hard enough myself to locate a worthy opponent, that one rare non TDS afflicted, on your side.

But should I run across one of those aforementioned nine-year-olds, I will surely ask them for ya.

Still, you sure you're ready for that big of a step?

Now, c'mon... why would I go and exert effort on all that? Finding it hard enough myself to locate a worthy opponent, that one rare non TDS afflicted, on your side.

But should I run across one of those aforementioned nine-year-olds, I will surely ask them for ya.

Still, you sure you're ready for that big of a step?

Pretty sure I can handle anything you toss my way.

Could be because you haven't tossed anything my way yet worth worrying about? I'll worry when I have a reason to worry.

Done derailing Sangha's thread.

Sorry, Sangha. :peace
Dunno what you got, seems slim.

Tho appears easy enough, you jumped into a hole from the get-go. Yano? Perhaps you should go back to where you started your nine-year-old style chuckling?

Sorry, I am one of the ones that require at least some proof before I say something that massively laughably insensible.

Yano?

So, yes, I do know... you got nothing. Or better yet, to prove you have nothing... sources for your proof of Trump being under Kremlin control? No, not silly lib, impotent Inspector Clouseau-ish conjecture for such a wildly unsupported and profoundly misguided statement...

But at least one actual true, applicable and verifiable item of proof. Or... stop with the constant bloviating on the topic.

As to China, are you kidding, they are stealthily nearly everywhere, doing all sorts of undermining. https://thediplomat.com/2018/11/uncovering-chinese-espionage-in-the-us

Back
Top Bottom