• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Chanting "USA, USA" at a football game is insulting to Muslims

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
i want to see the crap beat out of this guy then have his ass drop kicked to the middle east. What a insane and disgusting person! :mad:

His Words:
The vast majority of 9/11 observances in this country cannot be seen as politically neutral events. Implicit in their nature are the notions that lives lost at the World Trade Center are more valuable than lives lost in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and elsewhere; that the motives of the 9/11 attackers had nothing to do with genuine grievances in the Islamic world regarding American imperialism; and that the U.S. has been justified in the subsequent killing of hundreds of thousands in so-called retaliation.
The vast majority of 9/11 observances in this country cannot be seen as politically neutral events. Implicit in their nature are the notions that lives lost at the World Trade Center are more valuable than lives lost in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and elsewhere; that the motives of the 9/11 attackers had nothing to do with genuine grievances in the Islamic world regarding American imperialism; and that the U.S. has been justified in the subsequent killing of hundreds of thousands in so-called retaliation.

CONTINUED: Block-I chant portrays

He signed he's letter "University Academic Professional," what kind of crap is that not even a title or chair position, and David Green is such a common name that I can't look this guy up. What an asshole.

I think he is just confused and thinks that USA stands for "U Suck Allah"

He's probably a damn janitor, or a wuss, otherwise he'd of signed it "David Green, Professor of Whatever at Whatever University" instead of damn "University Academic Professional." Academia is nothing if not titles.

i want to see the crap beat out of this guy then have his ass drop kicked to the middle east. What a insane and disgusting person! :mad:

His Words:

CONTINUED: Block-I chant portrays
**** him. He's making patriotism political, not the people chanting. If he doesn't like people chanting the name of this country, he's more than free to get the **** out of here.

I left a comment with the linked article (pending approval), letting the author know that he basically assured that the chants of USA that he finds so offensive will be more frequent and more vociferous now.

What a douce.

I left a comment with the linked article (pending approval), letting the author know that he basically assured that the chants of USA that he finds so offensive will be more frequent and more vociferous now.
Yeah, for someone who works with college kids, you'd think he would have known that he's just egging them on.

And what the hell is a "University Academic Professional"? Smells like a part-time lecturer or a paper-grader to me.

It's a letter to the editor. Why does any one at all even care? Should we bring up every single fringe element idiot and point out they are idiots? On the list of things important, this letter is almost entirely on the bottom. Why did you feel the need to give him attention and waste valuable pixels on this?

It's a letter to the editor. Why does any one at all even care? Should we bring up every single fringe element idiot and point out they are idiots? On the list of things important, this letter is almost entirely on the bottom. Why did you feel the need to give him attention and waste valuable pixels on this?
Don't get in the way of my outrage. I'm still on my first cup of coffee.

Don't get in the way of my outrage. I'm still on my first cup of coffee.

This is how you wake up?
Alarm -> shower -> outrage -> caffeine?

This is how you wake up?
Alarm -> shower -> outrage -> caffeine?
I think I'm still a little hung over from Saturday night/Sunday morning. Plus, the carafe to my espresso machine broke, so I'm stuck with regular joe.

I think I'm still a little hung over from Saturday night/Sunday morning. Plus, the carafe to my espresso machine broke, so I'm stuck with regular joe.

This ... is a tragedy!

This ... is a tragedy!
You ain't kidding. I almost cried when the carafe broke. It's a Krups, so I have to have Bed Bath & Beyond order it. It's going to be the longest two weeks of my life.

You ain't kidding. I almost cried when the carafe broke. It's a Krups, so I have to have Bed Bath & Beyond order it. It's going to be the longest two weeks of my life.

Having to go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond is also a tragedy.

This is a very sad story :(

Well, the fellow is certainly free to go to a game, himself, and try starting up a chant of "Iran, Iran!!". In fact, I suggest quite strongly that he does so.

at a Jets game.

Yeah, I felt a little gay for the rest of the day.

out of morbid curiosity...what was his name? :mrgreen:

I can't go near a Bed, Bath and Beyond. The overwhelming mixture of aromas make my eyes water and blinds me.

Well, the fellow is certainly free to go to a game, himself, and try starting up a chant of "Iran, Iran!!". In fact, I suggest quite strongly that he does so.

at a Jets game.
I'd give him $20 to do it at an Eagles game.

None of the ones here have them. :shrug:

Than it isn't so bad. The bed, bath, and beyond around here has a massive house scents section complete with sprayer girls.

Its awful.

out of morbid curiosity...what was his name? :mrgreen:

I can't go near a Bed, Bath and Beyond. The overwhelming mixture of aromas make my eyes water and blinds me.
I thought someone might catch onto that "little gay" thing ...

I usually have the same reaction to that, but BB&B doesn't bother me. Besides, they're the only people that carry Krups that I know of, so I gotta just deal with it for my coffee.

Espresso, espresso, espresso

love it or leave it oh rah

Back
Top Bottom