• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Chanting "USA, USA" at a football game is insulting to Muslims

Muslims offended by chants of "USA, USA, USA"???? **** em. what aren't they offended by? Since verything we do offends them, we might as well act like nothing will offend them.

Yeah, for someone who works with college kids, you'd think he would have known that he's just egging them on.

And what the hell is a "University Academic Professional"? Smells like a part-time lecturer or a paper-grader to me.
Or an 'online professor'. What a hot, steaming load of excrement this guy is. The least he could do was nut up and take on posting his actual name and title and which university he 'teaches' for.

Or an 'online professor'. What a hot, steaming load of excrement this guy is. The least he could do was nut up and take on posting his actual name and title and which university he 'teaches' for.

Not sure if this guy really IS a teacher. Although I AM sure he is a mother ****ing asshole.

The guy makes a good point. He's not saying it's a crime or anything, just that it's obnoxious. Which it is.

Muslims offended by chants of "USA, USA, USA"???? **** em.

A person != Muslim as a whole. It was a [bleepin'] LETTER TO THE EDITOR by ONE PERSON.

i want to see the crap beat out of this guy then have his ass drop kicked to the middle east. What a insane and disgusting person! :mad:

University Academic Professional said:
The vast majority of 9/11 observances in this country cannot be seen as politically neutral events. Implicit in their nature are the notions that lives lost at the World Trade Center are more valuable than lives lost in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and elsewhere; that the motives of the 9/11 attackers had nothing to do with genuine grievances in the Islamic world regarding American imperialism; and that the U.S. has been justified in the subsequent killing of hundreds of thousands in so-called retaliation.

I don't see anything here that I disagree with. 9/11 observances are practically by definition political events, and they do imply that each and every single American life lost in the attack was worth more than all of the hundreds of thousands of lives lost to our retaliation. Speaking as an American, that is how I feel and that is how I would hope that every other true American feels, deep in his heart. Of course the Islamic world has legitimate grievances with American imperialistic policies, just as we have legitimate grievances with their anti-American stances and actions, and legitimate grievances with the behavior of their cultures. We are "us" and they are "them", and Mister Green-- whatever his proper title should be-- would do damned well to remember that.

"USA! USA! USA!" isn't nativist. It includes all Americans, natural born and immigrant alike, Muslims and non-Muslims included. It only excludes those people who believe it excludes them, who want it to exclude them, and if they feel alienated and excluded by the celebration of the American spirit, then they are absolutely right-- they probably do not belong here, whether their name is "Yusuf Mohammed" or "David Green".

As far as his concern for the "poverty-drafted cohort" serving in our military and fighting in our wars, maybe he should take a damned minute to sit down and talk with some of them before presuming to speak for their interests. Every serviceman I know personally is proud to serve his country, proud of their mission, and proud of their country. For their part, they would be happy to join the crowd standing up and chanting to show their pride in our country.

I don't see anything here that I disagree with. 9/11 observances are practically by definition political events, and they do imply that each and every single American life lost in the attack was worth more than all of the hundreds of thousands of lives lost to our retaliation. Speaking as an American, that is how I feel and that is how I would hope that every other true American feels, deep in his heart. Of course the Islamic world has legitimate grievances with American imperialistic policies, just as we have legitimate grievances with their anti-American stances and actions, and legitimate grievances with the behavior of their cultures. We are "us" and they are "them", and Mister Green-- whatever his proper title should be-- would do damned well to remember that.

All the ones I've been too are remembrances of those that died and have little to do with any political stance or anything 9/12 or beyond. Should Pearl Harbor day be offensive to Japanese?

"USA! USA! USA!" isn't nativist. It includes all Americans, natural born and immigrant alike, Muslims and non-Muslims included. It only excludes those people who believe it excludes them, who want it to exclude them, and if they feel alienated and excluded by the celebration of the American spirit, then they are absolutely right-- they probably do not belong here, whether their name is "Yusuf Mohammed" or "David Green".

As far as his concern for the "poverty-drafted cohort" serving in our military and fighting in our wars, maybe he should take a damned minute to sit down and talk with some of them before presuming to speak for their interests. Every serviceman I know personally is proud to serve his country, proud of their mission, and proud of their country. For their part, they would be happy to join the crowd standing up and chanting to show their pride in our country.

Yeah....this stuff is pretty good.

Should Pearl Harbor day be offensive to Japanese?

The war with the Japanese is over. They remember the day with us, as we remember the atomic bombings, as a part of our shared history.

There is a Shinto shrine on the main highway leading into Pearl Harbor.

It's a letter to the editor. Why does any one at all even care? Should we bring up every single fringe element idiot and point out they are idiots? On the list of things important, this letter is almost entirely on the bottom. Why did you feel the need to give him attention and waste valuable pixels on this?

ah, 'letters to the editor'. the real funnies :D

Back
Top Bottom