• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chantarelle mushrooms, fleshy fungal gold. :)

Papa bull

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Chantarelles are one of the most sought after mushrooms worldwide and they're prized in Asia, Europe and here in the United States. This morning, I was delighted to find that the woods adjacent to our house had an absolutely incredible fruiting this year and we've had so much that I had to call my mother in to help with the mushroom preparation work.

chantarelles_07232013 - Copy.jpg

mom_and_mushrooms1.jpg

mom_and_mushrooms2.jpg

chantarelles_07_23_2013 - Copy.jpg

Ok, that's A LOT of mushrooms!!

Are you selling them or are they all for personal use?

Ok, that's A LOT of mushrooms!!

Are you selling them or are they all for personal use?

They'll be for friends and family. I could pick as many more tomorrow but I think I'm about worn out with mushroom picking. They usually retail for 9-12 dollars a pound if you can even get them, so we're probably looking at around $250.00 worth of mushrooms at my best guess.

I had no idea that they were even edible, let alone valuable. The woods around my place were absolutely covered in them last week after the rainforestesque weather we've been having.

Yeah I am too big a scaredy cat to eat a mushroom I picked myself. Heard too many horror stories about the liver failure if you get it wrong.

I had no idea that they were even edible, let alone valuable. The woods around my place were absolutely covered in them last week after the rainforestesque weather we've been having.

Yeah, just got word that 15 to 30 a pound is more realistic today. Chantarelles are distinctive and one of the safest mushrooms for beginners to hunt. These are not the billed mushrooms that account for almost all the fatal poisonings. Chantarelles are a mushroom that, once understood, is absolutely unmistakeable. There are many mushroom sites online that are excellent resources.

Back
Top Bottom