• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Change to believe in ..West to join Dem Black Caucus

Barbbtx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I'm sure the very Liberal caucus is going to love having a Conservative in their club. This is priceless.
Maybe unity will be possible after all. Thank you Tea Party!

It's being reported by Mike Lillis of TheHill.com that Rep.-elect Allen West (R-Fla.) indicated last week he intends to join the CBC to challenge the group's "monolithic voice."
"I plan on joining, I'm not gonna ask for permission or whatever, I'm gonna find out when they meet and I will be a member of the Congressional Black Caucus," West, one of two black Republicans elected to Congress last Tuesday, told WOR radio. "I meet all of the criteria, and it's so important that we break down this monolithic voice that continues to talk about victimization and dependency in the black community.
Congressional (Liberal) Black Caucus silent on Lt. Col. West (R-FL) - Raleigh conservative | Examiner.com

I'm sure the very Liberal caucus is going to love having a Conservative in their club. This is priceless.
Maybe unity will be possible after all. Thank you Tea Party!

It's being reported by Mike Lillis of TheHill.com that Rep.-elect Allen West (R-Fla.) indicated last week he intends to join the CBC to challenge the group's "monolithic voice."
"I plan on joining, I'm not gonna ask for permission or whatever, I'm gonna find out when they meet and I will be a member of the Congressional Black Caucus," West, one of two black Republicans elected to Congress last Tuesday, told WOR radio. "I meet all of the criteria, and it's so important that we break down this monolithic voice that continues to talk about victimization and dependency in the black community.
Congressional (Liberal) Black Caucus silent on Lt. Col. West (R-FL) - Raleigh conservative | Examiner.com

You seem to think it's liberals fault that conservatives haven't elected many conservative blacks to congress. I don't know where you could have gotten that idea from...

You seem to think it's liberals fault that conservatives haven't elected many conservative blacks to congress. I don't know where you could have gotten that idea from...

It's been a while but change has come. No republican has ever joined the CBC before. I bet Maxine Waters will be :afraid::2mad::crazy3::sick:

It's been a while but change has come. No republican has ever joined the CBC before. I bet Maxine Waters will be :afraid::2mad::crazy3::sick:

1. The CBC is welcoming the new black republicans according to news sources.
Congressional Black Caucus: We Welcome Black Republicans - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

2. There have been Republicans in the CBC before. Only a handful of course, but it's not the CBC's or liberals fault that Republicans have only elected a handful to congress.

3. Are you mad that blacks dare form a caucus or something? You seem to have a little grudge in this fight, unless I'm misreading something...

1. The CBC is welcoming the new black republicans according to news sources.
Congressional Black Caucus: We Welcome Black Republicans - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

2. There have been Republicans in the CBC before. Only a handful of course, but it's not the CBC's or liberals fault that Republicans have only elected a handful to congress.

3. Are you mad that blacks dare form a caucus or something? You seem to have a little grudge in this fight, unless I'm misreading something...

It is interesting that she thinks this is a big deal. Kind of funny, really.

It is interesting that she thinks this is a big deal. Kind of funny, really.

IDK, I think she thinks it's funny because she assumed that the CBC would never allow a Republican in because they never have so it's funny because this guy is going to force himself in to the group, even though in actuality, where Glenn Beck isn't the most trusted name in news, the CBC has had Republican members in the past and is welcoming the new Republican into the group without much hostility as far as I can tell.

IDK, I think she thinks it's funny because she assumed that the CBC would never allow a Republican in because they never have so it's funny because this guy is going to force himself in to the group, even though in actuality, where Glenn Beck isn't the most trusted name in news, the CBC has had Republican members in the past and is welcoming the new Republican into the group without much hostility as far as I can tell.

I think its funny because she blindly followed what whatever pundit said and didn't both to check facts or use critical thinking skills.

I think its funny because she blindly followed what whatever pundit said and didn't both to check facts or use critical thinking skills.

If by funny you mean sad then I couldn't agree more.

This is what Maxine Waters thinks of black Republicans. Start at the 39 min. mark, to see how Maxine treated Ron Christie.
BTW, I found the whole interview interesting. Ron has some good ideas about why so many blacks still fail to succeed and he is trying to do something about it.
After Words with Ron Christie - C-SPAN Video Library

This is what Maxine Waters thinks of black Republicans. Start at the 39 min. mark, to see how Maxine treated Ron Christie.
BTW, I found the whole interview interesting. Ron has some good ideas about why so many blacks still fail to succeed and he is trying to do something about it.
After Words with Ron Christie - C-SPAN Video Library

One lady does a stupid thing and you attribute that to the entire CBC?

Face it, you were wrong and your race baiting isn't any better than Maxine Waters as described in the video.

One lady does a stupid thing and you attribute that to the entire CBC?

Face it, you were wrong and your race baiting isn't any better than Maxine Waters as described in the video.

How exactly am I race baiting by pointing out how liberal blacks treat conservative blacks? Alan West will not be welcomed into the CBC.

How exactly am I race baiting by pointing out how liberal blacks treat conservative blacks? Alan West will not be welcomed into the CBC.

They already have. Just because it doesn't fit your preconcieved narrative doesn't mean it didn't happen. Did Beck tell you differently or something, lol.

Back
Top Bottom