• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Champions League

PeteEU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Friday the groups for the group stage is being picked and the CL really starts!

Seeding pot 1

Bayern Munchen
Barcelona
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Manchester United
Porto
Benfica

Seeding pot 2

Atletico Madrid
Shakhtar Donetsk
AC Milan
Schalke 04
Marseille
CSKA Moscow
PSG
Juventus

Seeding pot 3

Zenit
Manchester City
Ajax
Borussia Dortmund
Basel
Olympiacos
Galatasaray
Bayer Leverkusen

Seeding pot 4

FCK
Napoli
Anderlecht
Celtic
Steau Bucuresti
Viktoria Plzen
Real Sociedad
Austria Wien

Rules are 8 groups of 4, no country can have 2 teams in a pool.

Now I was looking at the teams and saw this..

Pot 1 team with PSG, Man City and Napoli... for example, Real Madrid or Barcelona or Bayern, PSG, Man City and Napoli in the same group.. talk about a group of death LOL! Or Man U, PSG, Dortmund, Napoli... another group of death...

But other than that the seeding sucks.. The Italian champs are not in seeding pot 1, but 2 teams from a 2nd tier league of Portugal is? Arsenal, the nr 4 team in the England is ahead of Man City? gezzz.. pathetic.

My dark horse is Real Sociedad.. they just blew away Lyon..

Cant wait!

Last edited:
Bayern to win back to back titles.

Bayern to win back to back titles.

I would agree on Bayern as one of the big favourites, if it was not for the fact that they were the retaining champions. It is like a big lump of lead around your leg when you play Champions League. But who knows... it really depends on the group they get...

Imagine... Bayern, PSG, Man City, Napoli... auch!

Okay.. Arsenal are screwed... group of death there. Arsenal, Marseille, Dortmund, Napoli...

Barca are next to be screwed with another strong group. Barca, AC Milan, Ajax, Celtic...

Those teams who have it easy.. Chealski, Athletico, PSG, Man U and Real Madrid.

Man City games will be decided against CSKA..

Okay.. Arsenal are screwed... group of death there. Arsenal, Marseille, Dortmund, Napoli...

Barca are next to be screwed with another strong group. Barca, AC Milan, Ajax, Celtic...

Those teams who have it easy.. Chealski, Athletico, PSG, Man U and Real Madrid.

Man City games will be decided against CSKA..

Loving it. Celtic-Barca is my favourite match-up. Best game I ever saw was a few years ago, Barca at Parkhead, Barca 3-2 Celtic and by the end the Celtic support were chanting "Barca! Barca!" and the Spanish visitors were chanting "Celtic! Celtic!" A beautiful game.

Back
Top Bottom