• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Challenge over Marjorie Taylor Greene’s eligibility fails

Moon

Why so serious?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
ATLANTA (AP) — Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger accepted a judge’s findings Friday and said U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene is qualified to run for reelection.

A group of voters filed a complaint with Raffensperger’s office saying that Greene should be barred from running for reelection under a seldom-invoked provision of the 14th Amendment having to do with insurrection. Georgia Administrative Law Judge Charles Beaudrot last month held a hearing on the matter and found that Green was eligible/ineligible.

He then sent his findings to Raffensperger, who was responsible for making the final decision.

Not a fan of MTG, but I think this is the correct ruling.

ATLANTA (AP) — Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger accepted a judge’s findings Friday and said U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene is qualified to run for reelection.

A group of voters filed a complaint with Raffensperger’s office saying that Greene should be barred from running for reelection under a seldom-invoked provision of the 14th Amendment having to do with insurrection. Georgia Administrative Law Judge Charles Beaudrot last month held a hearing on the matter and found that Green was eligible/ineligible.

He then sent his findings to Raffensperger, who was responsible for making the final decision.

Me too. The people choose their officials. If they want her, they deserve that disgusting human being.

The moral of the story: Lawfare doesn't always work.

Will this stop the left? Nah...they'll find something else to attack her with.

Alas, I do too. Unless she actually got convicted of seditious conspiracy or something, that is the proper ruling. Now, if she had been convicted of seditious conspiracy or insurrection, that would be a different matter.

Makes you wonder what the judge was smoking.

Me too. The people choose their officials. If they want her, they deserve that disgusting human being.
I tend to agree as well. OTOH, we all have to bear the consequences of terrible people being voted into office. Get enough of them, and we’ll start watering the crops with Brawndo (it’s what plants crave!!)

License renewed.
Not just for her, for millions of her admirers.

It's like when that Mississippi judge said he'd SUSPEND the punishment for the Klanners in that movie...they went wild and conducted a massive arson party that night, wiping out the black part of town.
We know how this works, we've seen it before.

The problem now is she will be emboldened to get even crazier, lie more and get less done in congress. She is a waste of her government salary. As are many others.
She's not on any committees. Other than say stupid stuff, what does she do all day?

Hmmm. Guess that's something.

I tend to agree as well. OTOH, we all have to bear the consequences of terrible people being voted into office. Get enough of them, and we’ll start watering the crops with Brawndo (it’s what plants crave!!)
"It has electrolytes " 😉

Sorry you don't like in your face Republicans as much as you do in your face Democrats.

License renewed.
Not just for her, for millions of her admirers.

It's like when that Mississippi judge said he'd SUSPEND the punishment for the Klanners in that movie...they went wild and conducted a massive arson party that night, wiping out the black part of town.
We know how this works, we've seen it before.
There was no case. It is more of the same with the Dems trying to get rid of strong-willed women when they are Republicans. She pulls no punches and is sorely needed to combat all the weak Republicans who kiss the asses of the Dems and the media.

It was always a done deal. Who ever heard of a politician being a judge and jury?

Now let's try to disqualify crazy Maxine Waters. :LOL:

She is the PERFECT 2022 Confederate politician.

Bet they're glad to get this sordid little story behind them.

Not surprising, I recall many of us taking the position that since she has not been charged with a crime then the suit, challenge, whatever has little merit.

I may not like MTG either but shouldn't we at least side on the rule of law?

She calls out Democrats for the liars and evil people they are.
oh, so she can remember a Democrat being liars, but can't remember if she communicated with anyone on Jan 6th. Got it. :eek:

I am very happy she is not my representative.

Not surprising, I recall many of us taking the position that since she has not been charged with a crime then the suit, challenge, whatever has little merit.

I may not like MTG either but shouldn't we at least side on the rule of law?
This group was trying to get some precedent for this theory. MTG seemed like low hanging fruit. We'll see if they continue with anymore of their challenges.

This group was trying to get some precedent for this theory. MTG seemed like low hanging fruit. We'll see if they continue with anymore of their challenges.

I am sure they will, the good news is her district was redrawn just enough to make things interesting.

(And the attack ads down here have already started, with plenty of money pouring in from outside the state.)

Back
Top Bottom