• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Certification in limbo in N.C. House race as fraud investigation continues

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I hope they bust this wide open.

Mounting evidence of fraud in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District could indefinitely delay the certification of a winner, as state election officials investigate whether hundreds of absentee ballots were illegally cast or destroyed.

“There are patterns that are at odds with behavior of North Carolina voters,” Cohen said. “It’s a whole series of suspicious events.”​

Mounting evidence of fraud in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District could indefinitely delay the certification of a winner, as state election officials investigate whether hundreds of absentee ballots were illegally cast or destroyed.

“There are patterns that are at odds with behavior of North Carolina voters,” Cohen said. “It’s a whole series of suspicious events.”​

Why am I not surprised?

This was good:

In the primary, Harris won 96 percent of all absentee ballots in Bladen, a far higher percentage than his win in the county overall

That's a single party dictatorship margin right there! Suspicious? Nahhhhh.......:roll:

Once again, we have credible allegations of actual "voter fraud" that have exactly NOTHING to do with the focus on voter ID at the polls, and which NC went to great lengths to try to address and which is a non-problem, but didn't address absentee voting, which (forgetting fraud) typically favors the GOP. But of course like here, nearly all known "voter fraud" is through bogus absentee ballots.

Because it's North Carolina. Home to some of the most egregious racially-based gerrymandering in the country, to say nothing of the massive demographic of republican candy-asses.

You know I can only shake my head and wonder how it is Americans, so militant with other nations, is so corrupt that everyone knows and STILL nothing gets done. How did you, as such a strong and determined populace allow this to happen.

Some of you laugh at us because we use pencil and paper and developed rules for people with no ID, we have someone vouch for them. Easy. Yet we have higher turn outs than you (still low but better) and almost no controversy.

Prior to the 1979 election in BC, the government changed the electoral boundaries and one, called Gracie's Finger" stood out as an obvious bit of gerrymandering.
And has never happened again. Why? We have established a permanent Independent Boundaries Commission which makes the final determination based on the prescription of the law of the day.

Your voting system is **** because your whole system of democracy has failed, everything eventually come down to a war between right and left...including a tacked Supreme Court with a spineless congress.\

Good luck, I'm glad I won't be around to see the last half of this century....it's going to be very hot and ugly.

You know I can only shake my head and wonder how it is Americans, so militant with other nations, is so corrupt that everyone knows and STILL nothing gets done. How did you, as such a strong and determined populace allow this to happen.

Some of you laugh at us because we use pencil and paper and developed rules for people with no ID, we have someone vouch for them. Easy. Yet we have higher turn outs than you (still low but better) and almost no controversy.

Prior to the 1979 election in BC, the government changed the electoral boundaries and one, called Gracie's Finger" stood out as an obvious bit of gerrymandering.
And has never happened again. Why? We have established a permanent Independent Boundaries Commission which makes the final determination based on the prescription of the law of the day.

Your voting system is **** because your whole system of democracy has failed, everything eventually come down to a war between right and left...including a tacked Supreme Court with a spineless congress.\

Good luck, I'm glad I won't be around to see the last half of this century....it's going to be very hot and ugly.

Oh, I agree. Believe me, if it were easier to become a Canadian, I'd likely have already done it. The corruption and stupidity down here incredible.

Still, doesn't stop me from looking at retirement property around Prince Rupert....

Oh, I agree. Believe me, if it were easier to become a Canadian, I'd likely have already done it. The corruption and stupidity down here incredible.

Still, doesn't stop me from looking at retirement property around Prince Rupert....

The Rupe is not as cold as it once was. I don't know how you got the idea its hard to get in, the lists are very long and there wait times, there are only so many "new" Canadians we can handle at one time and we are still bringing in waves of Syrians.

And asylum seekers from the US are now overwhelming (25,000 people in America) but the secret is patience.

Or, the easiest is to get hired here, if you have a trade we need, "in you come, son. Welcome to Canada" or money to invest you go to the head of the line.\

The best? The absolute best...get the Trump administration to investigate you somehow, claim asylum and a day's drive and you're home free.

We're good at this learned from the 30"s and treatment of the Jews, then Hungarians then American draft dodgers and deserters and once granted asylum as almost all draft dodgers were, you are exempt from extradition.

Because it's North Carolina. Home to some of the most egregious racially-based gerrymandering in the country, to say nothing of the massive demographic of republican candy-asses.

For purely evil political maneuverings worth of Machiavelli, the GOP in NC is perhaps the lowest of the low trying to destroy the democratic process. This is but one pathetic and sad example.

Whatever happened to "count all the votes"?

Oh, it was just partisan chicanery? But we knew that all along.

For purely evil political maneuverings worth of Machiavelli, the GOP in NC is perhaps the lowest of the low trying to destroy the democratic process. This is but one pathetic and sad example.

NC kind of went crazy. I lived there for a while and was actually impressed with state government. Soon after I left, the GOP sort of went off the rails. The stuff about the outgoing GOP changing the rules on the incoming Democratic governor is as blatant as I've read about in the modern era - just classic back room dealing, but out in the open - the message was **** the voters. And with the voting stuff, the GOP requested voting patterns by race, got it, then proceeded to attack every avenue to suppress black (i.e. Democratic) voters.

This is the kind of thing you'd expect to read about in the Jim Crow era, not the modern era.

NC kind of went crazy. I lived there for a while and was actually impressed with state government. Soon after I left, the GOP sort of went off the rails. The stuff about the outgoing GOP changing the rules on the incoming Democratic governor is as blatant as I've read about in the modern era - just classic back room dealing, but out in the open - the message was **** the voters. And with the voting stuff, the GOP requested voting patterns by race, got it, then proceeded to attack every avenue to suppress black (i.e. Democratic) voters.

This is the kind of thing you'd expect to read about in the Jim Crow era, not the modern era.

Desperate people acting desperately.

Back
Top Bottom