• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CEOs lay off thousands, rake in millions

Somebody has to keep these useless, greedy, business scumbags in check.

I love populist haters of wealth, They whine about business having too much power but their idiotic solution is to give the one entity more powerful than business even more power.

Businesses don't have the legitimacy in killing you. Government does and you want it to have more power

frigging brilliant

You do serve a useful purpose-why populism is such a joke. THe people who rant about the power of corporations end up wanting the government to have more power.

Its like anarchists banding together to advance anarchy and in doing so creating their own government

So poor people are stupid, gotcha.

not always but if you play the odds the average IQ of any 10 Six figure earners pulled off the street is going to be about 30 points higher than any ten high school dropouts you round un in the soup kitchen or in the county jail

not always but if you play the odds the average IQ of any 10 Six figure earners pulled off the street is going to be about 30 points higher than any ten high school dropouts you round un in the soup kitchen or in the county jail
That would make sense as less access to good education and less time to devote to autodiadactual pursuits means those with less money will usually score lower on an IQ exam. It doesnt mean they're stupid, it just means they haven't had as much opportunity for good education as those with money.

That would make sense as less access to good education and less time to devote to autodiadactual pursuits means those with less money will usually score lower on an IQ exam. It doesnt mean they're stupid, it just means they haven't had as much opportunity for good education as those with money.

well if you are poor and dependent and you are smart that is even worse.

its like someone with tremendous athletic talent being a couch potato.

There are not absolutes in life but there are trends and predictors.

People who are born into single parent homes are far more likely to end up on welfare or in jail then those who come from two parent homes

those who get knocked up as teenagers are far more likely to be on welfare than those who wait until they get out of college to breed

and those with high IQs tend to be far better off than dullards

I love populist haters of wealth, They whine about business having too much power but their idiotic solution is to give the one entity more powerful than business even more power.

Businesses don't have the legitimacy in killing you. Government does and you want it to have more power

frigging brilliant

You do serve a useful purpose-why populism is such a joke. THe people who rant about the power of corporations end up wanting the government to have more power.

Its like anarchists banding together to advance anarchy and in doing so creating their own government

I know you're anti-people and pro rich, and pro-business corruption. I also know you don't like anything or anybody who suggests that corporate scumbags need to be forced to be honest... even if at gunpoint. Well ... too bad. Businesses are INHERENTLY DISHONEST and CANNOT BE TRUSTED. Therefore, they MUST BE REGULATED UNTIL THE BLEED FROM THEIR CORRUPT, CROOKED, CORPORATE ANAL ORIFICIES.

Corporate ****holes need a choice ... be honest or serve hard time without parole.

Seriously, get some reading comprehension skills. The point was that the CEOs are getting rewarded for running the company into the ground.

Ah yes, a typical idiotic and childish remark about Obama. I'm sure it's his fault too that these CEOs ran their businesses into the ground all these years.

Yep because as we know, no businesses were doing this before Obama became president.

i hardly think you can say that Mark hurd "ran HP into the ground" quite the opposite actually. He has made them the top seller in laptop and desktop computers.

I know you're anti-people and pro rich, and pro-business corruption. I also know you don't like anything or anybody who suggests that corporate scumbags need to be forced to be honest... even if at gunpoint. Well ... too bad. Businesses are INHERENTLY DISHONEST and CANNOT BE TRUSTED. Therefore, they MUST BE REGULATED UNTIL THE BLEED FROM THEIR CORRUPT, CROOKED, CORPORATE ANAL ORIFICIES.

Corporate ****holes need a choice ... be honest or serve hard time without parole.

you are getting to be idiotic with such claims

I am pro freedom and I know that bothers populists types who are mad that some succeed and they fail. Claiming businesses are inherently dishonest is a stupid and childish claim without any evidentiary basis. I am still waiting for you to explain what causes this level of inane nonsense. If corporations were as bad as you bray they are, I am sure one of them would have called in a cleaner on you by now

What do you do for a living?

Last edited:
you are getting to be idiotic with such claims

I am pro freedom and I know that bothers populists types who are mad that some succeed and they fail. Claiming businesses are inherently dishonest is a stupid and childish claim without any evidentiary basis. I am still waiting for you to explain what causes this level of inane nonsense. If corporations were as bad as you bray they are, I am sure one of them would have called in a cleaner on you by now

Typical pro-business corruption rhetoric.

In the late 1800s business where making CHILDREN work 18 hour days in environments that were hazardous. Why? Because businesses WERE NOT REGULATED AT THE TIME. In the early 1900s businesses hired thugs to assault anybody who talked about starting a union. Why? Because they didn't want to allow more favorable working conditions for the working class. Again ... LAWS HAD TO BE CREATED TO PREVENT SCUMBAG BUSINESS OWNERS FROM PREVENTING UNIONIZATION.

If you believe business is honest, you are SORELY MISTAKEN. Businesses MUST be regulated until it hurts and businesses must ABSOLUTELY BE BARRED FROM PAYING LOBBYISTS TO INTERFERE IN THE WORKINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT.

I hate being broke as much as the next broke guy. There will always be haves and have-nots. It sucks but that's just the way it is.

My problem is the government bailing out businesses that fail. If they maje stupid decisions they should be left to crash and burn in their stupidity.

On the other hand, a business exists to make money. Creating jobs is secondary. Their purpose is to make as much money as possible and get the most out of what they spend. It's the purpose of life to try and make as much money as possible. If sales drop and costs go up then cuts have to be made in order to make up for the loss. It sucks. I'm a worker. I struggle to pay my bills. But it's just the way it is.

I will say if they were taxed less they might pay people more.

The scientists at Pfizer are highly skilled and intelligent. Not everyone has the ability to do what they do. Anybody can do the jobs the class warfare folks b!tch about losing to outsourcing, etc.

Now you are headed on a tangent about outsourcing. An incorrect tangent at that. My only point in this. The American worker whether sceintist, doctor, road worker, programmer, retail sales person, they are not lazy and not stupid just because they are executives in a company. I am sure some of them are stupid but some CEOs are also stupid. and lazy.

What do you do for a living?

I make an honest living. I do not lay off working class people so I can afford to pay worthless corporate scum an additional and completely UNECESSARY bonus.

What do you do?

I love the fact you left "smart" out of the equation. I'ver never met someone who was smart and hard-working who wasn't, at least, living comfortably. (2 story house, a couple of cars, pretty wife, maybe a kid or two, etc.)

You haven't looked too hard. Millions of them exist. Do you watch the news? Unemployment? hello...

In the late 1800s business where making CHILDREN work 18 hour days in environments that were hazardous. Why? Because businesses WERE NOT REGULATED AT THE TIME. In the early 1900s businesses hired thugs to assault anybody who talked about starting a union. Why? Because they didn't want to allow more favorable working conditions for the working class. Again ... LAWS HAD TO BE CREATED TO PREVENT SCUMBAG BUSINESS OWNERS FROM PREVENTING UNIONIZATION.

If you believe business is honest, you are SORELY MISTAKEN. Businesses MUST be regulated until it hurts and businesses must ABSOLUTELY BE BARRED FROM PAYING LOBBYISTS TO INTERFERE IN THE WORKINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT.

yawn

If I create a business I cannot force you to work there. If you do its by my rules. You don't like it don't work there. YOur rants are just pathetic. YOu have a hard on for corporations--tell me did you get fired a few too many times?

trusting government is even more pathetic. Goverments have killed millions upon millions over the last 100 years and you want government to have more and more power

I make an honest living. I do not lay off working class people so I can afford to pay worthless corporate scum an additional and completely UNECESSARY bonus.

What do you do?

that is as non an answer as I have ever seen.

why do you hate freedom so much?

Nobody "made" children do anything. This isn't China. Unions suck, and the mediocre ham and eggers are getting what they deserve: their jobs are being outsourced. You can thank your union for that. Businesses need about as much regulation as sex lives and caloric intake: none. The market has a funny way of working itself out. Make a crappy product? Expect crappy sales. With freedom comes responsibility. Sadly, most Americans would rather give up the former to ease the burden of the latter. That's who I refer to as "scum."

Last edited:
You and I obviously have different ideas of "smart" and "hard-working." Hint: I don't consider those who have the ability to breathe and mush a few sentences together "smart" and "hard-working."

yawn

If I create a business I cannot force you to work there. If you do its by my rules. You don't like it don't work there. YOur rants are just pathetic. YOu have a hard on for corporations--tell me did you get fired a few too many times?

trusting government is even more pathetic. Goverments have killed millions upon millions over the last 100 years and you want government to have more and more power

Nice attempt at ducking the truth. Big business is corrupt and in need of being neutered. You can deny it and kiss all the corporate ass you want but that doesn't change the truth. Business MUST be regulated until it hurts because they WILL use and abuse otherwise.

The job of the government is to govern. Part of governing is regulating activities within its jurisdiction. I never said the government was all the great ... but they are more trustworthy than your average business executive.

CEOs lay folks off to make more money for their SHAREHOLDERS. What's so hard to understand about that?

I agree with some regulation. Safety gear such as steel toe boots, hard hats etc etc should be enforced. Companies shouldn't be spilling toxic chemicals into our rivers and streams. There is good regulation.

There is also a lot of overregulation that needs to go away. People and corporations need to stop thinking that the government will take care of them.

The most important role of government is to protect freedom.

Nice attempt at ducking the truth. Big business is corrupt and in need of being neutered. You can deny it and kiss all the corporate ass you want but that doesn't change the truth. Business MUST be regulated until it hurts because they WILL use and abuse otherwise.

The job of the government is to govern. Part of governing is regulating activities within its jurisdiction. I never said the government was all the great ... but they are more trustworthy than your average business executive.

Spoken like someone who's never produced and sold anything.

Nobody "made" children do anything. This isn't China. Unions suck, and the mediocre ham and eggers are getting what they deserve: their jobs are being outsourced. You can thank your union for that. Businesses need about as much regulation as sex lives and caloric intake: none. The market has a funny way of working itself out. Make a crappy product? Expect crappy sales. With freedom comes responsibility. Sadly, most Americans would rather give up the former to ease the burden of the latter. That's who I refer to as "scum."

Typical anti-poor rhetoric. Businesses have to regulated or they will lie, cheat, and steal. Also ... as to your comment about children. You are WRONG. You can deny it all you want but it is a known historical fact. Business owners have been always be elitest scum who need to spend life in prison.

CEOs lay folks off to make more money for their SHAREHOLDERS. What's so hard to understand about that?

WRONG. They lay people off because they are greedy ****holes who want their bonuses.

Back
Top Bottom