• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CEO-to-worker pay gap is now 351-to-1. In 1965, the ratio was 21-to-1

Our society doesn't engage in forced labor. People can walk off the job whenever they choose and seek better employment if they're unhappy. They also have the right to organize a union and conduct collective bargaining for better wages and benefits.

If you want to be a CEO, start a business, build it to be profitable and successful, and reap the rewards. Otherwise, find a career you like and work for whichever company you choose at a price you're willing to work for. It's really that simple.

We're seeing it now with Twitter. The crybabies are running away and stamping their feet. Maybe they'll go out and build something themselves, or more likely, go to work for some other company where they can bitch and moan about how they don't get a free lunch in the cafeteria anymore like they did at Twitter HQ. Because MOST companies don't even have a cafeteria.

It's one of the harmful effects of having lowered tax rates on high incomes.

For some reason, it's hard for people to understand that it's estimated the average salary has been cut in half by the Republican changes. That if we under the Republican changes they could be making twice the income. That our country's wealth has been taken by the few most wealthy people.

The crybabies are running away and stamping their feet.

"we will need to be extremely hardcore. This will mean working long hours at high intensity."

Perhaps "crybabies" wanted to have a life outside of work ?

Our society doesn't engage in forced labor. People can walk off the job whenever they choose and seek better employment if they're unhappy. They also have the right to organize a union and conduct collective bargaining for better wages and benefits.

If you want to be a CEO, start a business, build it to be profitable and successful, and reap the rewards. Otherwise, find a career you like and work for whichever company you choose at a price you're willing to work for. It's really that simple.

We're seeing it now with Twitter. The crybabies are running away and stamping their feet. Maybe they'll go out and build something themselves, or more likely, go to work for some other company where they can bitch and moan about how they don't get a free lunch in the cafeteria anymore like they did at Twitter HQ. Because MOST companies don't even have a cafeteria.
They're free to walk away whenever they choose but when they bail on Saint Elon they're crybabies.
And you're free to bitch and moan about anyone that looks like they're opposite one of your heroes.
The ones who have left that sinking ship will land in another rosebed and the ones who have declared a sufficient level of loyalty will be cut loose and loyalty be damned.

They're free to walk away whenever they choose but when they bail on Saint Elon they're crybabies.
And you're free to bitch and moan about anyone that looks like they're opposite one of your heroes.
The ones who have left that sinking ship will land in another rosebed and the ones who have declared a sufficient level of loyalty will be cut loose and loyalty be damned.

Yes, the crybabies can walk away from their meanie ceo, and some will rage post over it.

"we will need to be extremely hardcore. This will mean working long hours at high intensity."

Perhaps "crybabies" wanted to have a life outside of work ?

Or perhaps they don't like the idea of the privilege of sitting at home and collecting a paycheck being taken away from them.

Or perhaps they don't like the idea of the privilege of sitting at home and collecting a paycheck being taken away from them.

which part of

is unclear to you?

Companies are on average much larger now so if you scale CEO pay by number of employees he is paid about the same per employee as before.

You can thank union busting for this. Also, corporations can pretend that their full time workers are contractors who are there to paint the fence for the week. This can make it difficult for highly skilled workers to negotiate the salary that they would have gotten even a decade or two ago as a recognized employee.

which part of

is unclear to you?

Which part of "unforced labor" is unclear to you? Did some workers decide to leave?

Guess what? That's the freedom American workers have. Why so angry over Liberty and Freedom?

Considering most CEO's compensation package is tied to 80% stock options. How good a job he does correlates on how well his stocks do.

Which part of "unforced labor" is unclear to you? Did some workers decide to leave?

Guess what? That's the freedom American workers have. Why so angry over Liberty and Freedom?

You seem to be the angry one.

Musk is certainly welcome to buy a company and tell its employees to either be his slaves or look for another job.

You are the one complaining about "crybabies" who want to have a life outside of work.

Do you believe in free enterprise?

Considering most CEO's compensation package is tied to 80% stock options. How good a job he does correlates on how well his stocks do.

A couple of things to consider. First the market rises about 7% annually on average so a mediocre performance will get you that. Then there is the issue that many CEOs now get not stock options but restricted stock. Even I as a non-CEO got some of those. The beauty of restricted stock is you get them for free.

I'm not sure why people are so upset about CEO pay. I would think that the CEO of large company would be worth at least 1,000 of the company's front-line grunt workers.

Bezos should only be worth 20 of his delivery drivers?

Dude if it were 'that simple' nobody would be poor and everyone would own their own company. You are probably one of those folks who support the ceo's while struggling to make ends meet.

Horsecrap. Let me run GM for five years, I'll post numbers that are eye popping every year I'm there and when I leave they can find all the corruption I've left behind. All the crooked books, all the fake sales, all the lies to investors. By then I should walk away with at least a hundred million. I'll spend five years in prison for that price. What do I care, it's not my company.

Dude if it were 'that simple' nobody would be poor and everyone would own their own company.
Is there expected to be a pay difference between those who run corporations and those who punch a time clock?

You are probably one of those folks who support the ceo's while struggling to make ends meet.
Actually, I side with unions on bargaining for benefits, like profit sharing, 401K matching contributions, healthcare benes, vacation and sick leave, etc.

There's actually an issue in my company with employee retention (we're non-union) and management has had a few all-hands zoom calls to address it. The issue is the company is making billions and paying out large bonus and stock shares to management and above while telling the rank-and-file we're not meeting goals, thus we won't be getting our year end bonuses (which amounts to an extra paycheck) and haven't been getting CoL increases for many years.

The choice I face is being satisfied with my job or finding work in some other company that DOES reward employees. The other choice is to push for inclusion in the profit sharing, but nobody can force the executive suite to share apart from walking out en masse. This is were I support unionization, in that walkouts can be a constructive tool to force management to the bargaining table.

When no work is being done, so no billing is done either. IOW, the money spigot can be shut down to a trickle. The flip side of that is most working people live month-to-month financially and can only hold out for so long. Management knows this too.

The best course to success and profitability for any business is to employ satisfied workers who are motivated in their jobs and feel valued. There are plenty of companies out there who just don't care. There are also plenty of consumers out there who also don't care, as long as they are buying their goods and services at the cheapest price. Amazon and some now defunct airlines come to mind.

Is there expected to be a pay difference between those who run corporations and those who punch a time clock?

Actually, I side with unions on bargaining for benefits, like profit sharing, 401K matching contributions, healthcare benes, vacation and sick leave, etc.

There's actually an issue in my company with employee retention (we're non-union) and management has had a few all-hands zoom calls to address it. The issue is the company is making billions and paying out large bonus and stock shares to management and above while telling the rank-and-file we're not meeting goals, thus we won't be getting our year end bonuses (which amounts to an extra paycheck) and haven't been getting CoL increases for many years.

The choice I face is being satisfied with my job or finding work in some other company that DOES reward employees. The other choice is to push for inclusion in the profit sharing, but nobody can force the executive suite to share apart from walking out en masse. This is were I support unionization, in that walkouts can be a constructive tool to force management to the bargaining table.

When no work is being done, so no billing is done either. IOW, the money spigot can be shut down to a trickle. The flip side of that is most working people live month-to-month financially and can only hold out for so long. Management knows this too.

The best course to success and profitability for any business is to employ satisfied workers who are motivated in their jobs and feel valued. There are plenty of companies out there who just don't care. There are also plenty of consumers out there who also don't care, as long as they are buying their goods and services at the cheapest price. Amazon and some now defunct airlines come to mind.
Yes, there should be a pay difference but over three hundred times the amount of the people who produce the product for you, no.

So, do you like working for your company that pays the uppers a bonus on the work you put out while you get nothing? Make you feel all warm and fuzzy and want to put out a superhuman effort for them? No CoL increases? Sounds to me this is exactly the kind of politics you like? Keep the working man down while telling you what wonderful good paying jobs you will have if you only elect...put the republicans name here.

Excessive wealth disparity is very harmful to society in lots of different ways, creating serious and real problems.
Your meaningless blathering about "forced labor" and "crybabies" is really rather ignorant and shows a lack of understanding of the actual issues involved imo Schism.

Not surprising as democrats chased away well paying manufacturing jobs went away and replaced them with low paying service jobs

Yes, there should be a pay difference but over three hundred times the amount of the people who produce the product for you, no.
it seems unfair. For me, it's good example of the need for unions.

So, do you like working for your company that pays the uppers a bonus on the work you put out while you get nothing? Make you feel all warm and fuzzy and want to put out a superhuman effort for them? No CoL increases? Sounds to me this is exactly the kind of politics you like? Keep the working man down while telling you what wonderful good paying jobs you will have if you only elect...put the republicans name here.
I'm glad to discuss my views without you assigning me a position.

I'm satisfied in my job for the six figures I'm payed, but who doesn't want even MORE pay? Personally I could care less what the CEO makes as long as I'm satisfied with my entire compensation package - which I am. Would I like bonuses and stock options? SURE! Who wouldn't?

But at my age and at this stage in my career, I'll take the best offer available, which I'm currently enjoying.

Back
Top Bottom