• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Centrism - What Does It Even Mean?

Aunt Antifa

Vaccinated-American
Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
This is one of Trump’s SC picks should someone die this term or he steals the election:

81774905-E9A1-4AC0-869F-220ADB6F10AA.jpg

This position is completely at odds with the vast majority of Americans. If Ilan Omar’s idelogical bonafides are constantly called into question, the terms “marxist” casually thrown around, Cotton’s view here is at odds with nearly 80% of the American people. It’s time to start speaking very loudly and publicly about how Radical Christian Shariaism is the dominant view of mainstream cons.

The extreme right’s anti-choice agenda is simply not compatible with mainstream American values.

The media should never frame idelogical arguments between the GOP and Dems as “left v right.” IT’s now “Radical Extremist Right vs Mainstream America.”

This is one of Trump’s SC picks should someone die this term or he steals the election:

View attachment 67294705

This position is completely at odds with the vast majority of Americans. If Ilan Omar’s idelogical bonafides are constantly called into question, the terms “marxist” casually thrown around, Cotton’s view here is at odds with nearly 80% of the American people. It’s time to start speaking very loudly and publicly about how Radical Christian Shariaism is the dominant view of mainstream cons.

The extreme right’s anti-choice agenda is simply not compatible with mainstream American values.

The media should never frame idelogical arguments between the GOP and Dems as “left v right.” IT’s now “Radical Extremist Right vs Mainstream America.”

I suppose it means those people who feel left cold by the political far-right such and the far-left such as Ilhan Omar and can be swayed to vote for candidates from either party depending on the qualities of the candidates and the views on a case-by-case basis.

Isn't he the same guy who said of slavery was "As the Founding Fathers said, it was the necessary evil upon which the union was built..."?

You mean like riots and **** ?

Laughable that you think radical left ideology is "mainstream". It's not. Go back to your Mom's basement.

View attachment 67294705

View attachment 67294705

The media is operating on a 40-year-old paradigm in which the fairness doctrine is still a thing. As a result, you'll have a case in which Trump punches a black baby and laughs maniacally for twenty minutes, and the New York Times will feature the headline, "Democrat And Republican Campaigns Exhibit Different Styles In How To Treat Americans."

I suppose it means those people who feel left cold by the political far-right such and the far-left such as Ilhan Omar and can be swayed to vote for candidates from either party depending on the qualities of the candidates and the views on a case-by-case basis.

Ilhan Omar isn’t our mainstream. Joe Biden is. Donald Trump, who is your standard bearer, nominated far right choices for the SC while telling us how important these folks are because of how impactful their decisions on our lives.

The media is operating on a 40-year-old paradigm in which the fairness doctrine is still a thing. As a result, you'll have a case in which Trump punches a black baby and laughs maniacally for twenty minutes, and the New York Times will feature the headline, "Democrat And Republican Campaigns Exhibit Different Styles In How To Treat Americans."

Yup. Trump will use the nword (this is a thing that’s gotta be coming), Biden will call him out on it, and the next day the headline will be “Candidates Clash Over Race”

You mean like riots and **** ?

Laughable that you think radical left ideology is "mainstream". It's not. Go back to your Mom's basement.

You don’t sound like you’re laughing tho.

BLM polls higher than Donald Trump. ;)

Yup. Trump will use the nword (this is a thing that’s gotta be coming), Biden will call him out on it, and the next day the headline will be “Candidates Clash Over Race”

****...that's exactly what the headline is going to be.

****...that's exactly what the headline is going to be.

We watched it play out in 2016. Prior to the Woodward bombshell today, the media was slowly working itself into “horse race mode”. They desperately want a race. That’s part of it. The other part of it is that conservatives have been working the refs for so long taht the media actually believes “both sides” = journalism. If you say something bad about Trump, you must say something bad about Biden. It’s silly. Unserious. That’s my biggest beef with this viral failed ****hole of a country: completely unserious.

View attachment 67294705

People like you want the state involved in everything, so this is what you get.

Cotton’s view here is at odds with nearly 80% of the American people.

Most Americans are religious, is that a good argument to combine church and state?

We watched it play out in 2016. Prior to the Woodward bombshell today, the media was slowly working itself into “horse race mode”. They desperately want a race. That’s part of it. The other part of it is that conservatives have been working the refs for so long taht the media actually believes “both sides” = journalism. If you say something bad about Trump, you must say something bad about Biden. It’s silly. Unserious. That’s my biggest beef with this viral failed ****hole of a country: completely unserious.

That was 2016 in a nutshell. Trump is calling for Russia to interfere in the elections? Time for a headline about alleged Clinton health problems!

People like you want the state involved in everything, so this is what you get.

Most Americans are religious, is that a good argument to combine church and state?

I don’t know who people like me are or that I want the state involved in everything. I don’t even know what that means. Don’t waste my time with the rugged libertarian schtick. ya’ll are just handout queens that want our money just not the the accountability nor responsibilty to give anything back. Miss me with your cis male ideological astrology.

If you want to argue about roe, we can do that but I’m discussing what’s considered the political mainstream. You can argue with me about the philosophy of abortion laws, legality, etc but what you cannot argue is that the vast majority of Americans support it keeping Roe as what it is - settled law. Thus it’s the political mainstream position.

Cotton & GOP = radical right.

That was 2016 in a nutshell. Trump is calling for Russia to interfere in the elections? Time for a headline about alleged Clinton health problems!

Oh right. Health problems.

Gee. All because of ONE ****ING COUGH from Hillary, we all get to cough now! :)

Centrism —> Hopefully a Sen. Bullock from Montana

Ilhan Omar isn’t our mainstream. Joe Biden is. Donald Trump, who is your standard bearer, nominated far right choices for the SC while telling us how important these folks are because of how impactful their decisions on our lives.

First, I would need you to explain to me how Donald Trump is my “standard bearer.” Second, you are attacking something I never said. I said the “far left” and the “far right”. As before, I would define a centrist as someone who could genuinely consider voting for either party and are the “undecideds” in our elections. If you disagree with my particular definition, please let me know why.

IT’s now “Radical Extremist Right vs Mainstream America.”

Free healthcare and education for anyone who comes or stays here illegally is "Mainstream America?"

First, I would need you to explain to me how Donald Trump is my “standard bearer.” Second, you are attacking something I never said. I said the “far left” and the “far right”. As before, I would define a centrist as someone who could genuinely consider voting for either party and are the “undecideds” in our elections. If you disagree with my particular definition, please let me know why.

I’m not discussing our individual philosophies. THis is a media driven convo, at least that was my interest. If you want to fight about something else, go raise that flag and if I feel like saluting I will.

Okay, so you didn’t vote for Trump. He is the standard bearer for the GOP, and as the title implies, he is their mainstream. Their idealized version of what the party and country should march to.

Yessir: 60% in US say health care coverage is government’s responsibility | Pew Research Center

I dunno who is proposing “free education for anyone who comes here or stays illegally.” I’m not familiar with that proposal, so I can’t comment on it. Sounds like a made up thing, like “open borders.”

Key words: "Six-in-ten Americans say it is the federal government’s responsibility to make sure all Americans have health care coverage. There's nothing in there about "undocumented" immigrants.

Kamala Harris: "Let me just be very clear about this. I'm opposed to any policy that would deny in our country any human being from access to public safety, public education, or public health, period."

Kamala Harris Says She Supports Illegal Immigrants Getting Medicare - YouTube

"Do you think health insurance coverage provided by the government should or should not be available to undocumented immigrants living in the United States?"

YES: 38% NO: 59%

Democrats want to offer health care to undocumented immigrants. Here's what that means - CNNPolitics

I’m not discussing our individual philosophies. THis is a media driven convo, at least that was my interest. If you want to fight about something else, go raise that flag and if I feel like saluting I will.

Okay, so you didn’t vote for Trump. He is the standard bearer for the GOP, and as the title implies, he is their mainstream. Their idealized version of what the party and country should march to.

Alright. Well, it seems you are making an elision between “mainstream” which is just the the average sentiment and temperature of our populace versus “centrism”, which is both a political outlook as well as a disposition. I would say the two are distinct from each other.

Last edited:
Alright. Well, it seems you are making an elision between “mainstream” which is just the the average sentiment and temperature of our populace versus “centrism”, which is both a political outlook as well as a disposition. I would say the two are distinct from each other.

In common usage and political dialogue in the United States, they are not.

And you’re misusing “elision.”

Centrism means different things depending on who you ask.

Traditionally centrists are the ones that want to protect capitalism but don't mind some government interference.

Centrism means NEVER voting for Post-Obama Democrats.

Because the party, under Obama's leadership, ran off the rails to the extreme Radical-Hate-Filed, Far-Left!

There remains nothing at all either centrist or Liberal about the Democratic Party.

Trump, however, is not an average GOP Conservative, nor really a Libertarian. Trump is a populist Centrist, who closer to the Teddy Roosevelt Bull-Moose party, than anything see from either major political party for 100 years.

Choose Wisely.

-

Back
Top Bottom