• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Census Bureau: 75 million more immigrants by 2060, 95% of future US growth

LOL....BS...You people are amazing, and I don't mean that in a good way....

Prove it. Show us an example of someone condoning the killing of non-terminal, already born humans. You can't, so you won't.

Pro tip, if you're going to lie, don't make it a lie everybody knows is false at first glance.

You'll be fighting the hordes of brown people with your last breath! For the whities! :2mad:

fighting the hordes requires going outside as well as the desire to fight the hordes. if i'm still able to take care of myself at that age, it's likely that i will be a hermit other than some family interactions and online stuff. so, sort of like now minus work.

Stay classy.

Thanks! Will do! :kissy:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Exactly as I stated. He was talking about terminal cases where there's no chance of the child surviving, and an abortion by definition can not apply to "our own born babies".

You were caught in your lie and couldn't find your way out.

He's not caught in the lie because he buys his own product, sort of speak. This propaganda line that they through out, it's not about the truth or reality; it's about spinning a narrative their way. You can tell because they aren't using the full clip as proof, right? It's a 22 second clip meant to misrepresent what the entire speech was about. But that's what is necessary for their lies and propaganda, they have to twist everything to their own hysterics and try to get people to react emotionally rather than logically.

It's been a tactic used by both sides for quite some time, but taken to an art form by the Trumpeteers. Truth, reality, honesty? These things matter not. Lies, spin, and propaganda are what make the day.

The best way to oppose diversity is to allow continued mass immigration from the Southern border - rather than enforce having only legal immigration, which brings in people from around the world. Massive ongoing immigration from Mexico, Central America and South America is the antithesis of diversity.

i grew up in a town that grows by double digit percentages for a while every summer because a local corporation likes to hire undocumented workers instead of paying higher wages. the fox caravan BS just doesn't scare me that much. i have a solution for the broken immigration system, but it will never be enacted, as entire industries doesn't want the problem solved. however, i'd put this issue way behind health care on my list of priorities.

Oh, so you were only calling ME racist....I see...Well, Keep up that higher standard....:roll:

Helix said:
i made a sarcastic comment about the xenophobia that this OP was built on.

Hmmmm....In several threads we are debating whether or not we should make it legal to kill more of our own babies, while on the other hand we are fighting over the rush of illegal immigration....Correlation here anyone?

Let's see, Democrats on the side of killing our own babies, and opening our borders. Republican's on the side of protecting our babies, and our borders....Seems like one side is looking to, one way or another destroy what America is as it exists now....

If you want to save some babies, create a positive incentive (through policy) for parents to keep the baby.

Right now too many people are struggling to pay their own way in this mercenary nation of ours, and it sometime drives these decisions. Create a situation where having a baby at 20 isn't viewed as a career killer, make it socially acceptable, and abortions will start falling.

Trying to add additional shame to the equation doesn't help anything.

If you want to save some babies, create a positive incentive (through policy) for parents to keep the baby.

Right now too many people are struggling to pay their own way in this mercenary nation of ours, and it sometime drives these decisions. Create a situation where having a baby at 20 isn't viewed as a career killer, make it socially acceptable, and abortions will start falling.

Trying to add additional shame to the equation doesn't help anything.

Tax incentives, funding for family planning programs, subsidized day care and cheap universal healthcare would do a LOT to reduce abortions, but by no coincidence they oppose all of those things.

Hmmmm....In several threads we are debating whether or not we should make it legal to kill more of our own babies, while on the other hand we are fighting over the rush of illegal immigration....Correlation here anyone?

Abortion is already legal, what law is being presented to kill MORE of "our own babies" (whatever that means)?

Let's see, Democrats on the side of killing our own babies, and opening our borders. Republican's on the side of protecting our babies, and our borders....Seems like one side is looking to, one way or another destroy what America is as it exists now....

Abortion is generally done by selfish people for economic reasons. As far as immigration goes, the democrats see the US is an "economic region sandwiched between the Canadian and Mexican borders, with no actual sovereignty of its own".

I listened to a liberal talking head once and when asked what she thought the population of America should be, she felt 1 billion or so was just dandy.

How can you be for a population of this size, yet be an environmentalist, carbon output stopper, "less is more" person, when in reality, who asked citizens of the USA if they want to live in shoe boxes in polluted cities like they do in China. It's so bad we abort babies rather than send them to foster care or orphanages or adoption, yet we import fully formed persons who see the "American way as earning a dollar at the expense of a citizen with a family to feed".

America has a definite shortage of people who can visualize a future Americans would want to live in.

The US economy is based on growth which naturally assumes (requires?) a growing US population. Since the native born population is not reproducing at even the replacement rate then the obvious source for those additional people (needed?) is from outside of the US. Whether we choose to document (make legal) those who enter from foreign lands or not our future economic success is based on their arrival.

Much of this situation (problem?) is what we have brought upon ourselves by defining an empowered (more productive?) woman as one who is freed from the chores of child raising in the home to become as dedicated to (serve?) the corporate world as male parents have become. As folks constantly fret over the falling labor force participation rate they must see the impact of societal changes made (needed?) to have that rate increase.

It seems that we have construed the baby boom following WWII as a need to continue with that (temporarily accelerated?) rate of growth or have our economy collapse due to a lack of continuous population growth. I'm not sure how to square the desire for an ever increasing national (and world?) population with the desire to not ever increase crowding and environmental damage caused by that desire (need?) for constant growth.

Back
Top Bottom