• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cell signal puts Cohen outside Prague around time of purported Russian meeting

roughdraft274

ThunderCougarFalconBird
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/investigations/article219016820.html
A mobile phone traced to President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and “fixer” Michael Cohen briefly sent signals ricocheting off cell towers in the Prague area in late summer 2016, at the height of the presidential campaign, leaving an electronic record to support claims that Cohen met secretly there with Russian officials, four people with knowledge of the matter say.

During the same period of late August or early September, electronic eavesdropping by an Eastern European intelligence agency picked up a conversation among Russians, one of whom remarked that Cohen was in Prague, two people familiar with the incident said.

The phone and surveillance data, which have not previously been disclosed, lend new credence to a key part of a former British spy’s dossier of Kremlin intelligence describing purported coordination between Trump’s campaign and Russia’s election meddling operation.

Thats a whole lot of evidence supporting a very big claim in the Russia Dossier. The article goes on to say they have verified this through 4 different sources with knowledge. Things are about to get very interesting.

Do we have a source for this? I suspect that if Cohen was there he already told Mueller.

If true, you can bet Mueller knows.

So Obama has Cohen's phone shipped around in a diplomatic pouch. Is that what you are saying? Because their is no record afaik of his passport being scanned on the journey.

And any nefarious business would have likely been a meeting in a non conspicuous place like Canada or western Europe where both parties could meet and not attract attention.

I think the more desperate the media gets, the farther into fiction they are reaching. They have nothing to replace Russia gate when it is over but the weather reports.

So Obama has Cohen's phone shipped around in a diplomatic pouch. Is that what you are saying? Because their is no record afaik of his passport being scanned on the journey.

And any nefarious business would have likely been a meeting in a non conspicuous place like Canada or western Europe where both parties could meet and not attract attention.

I think the more desperate the media gets, the farther into fiction they are reaching. They have nothing to replace Russia gate when it is over but the weather reports.

Re the bolded: :lamo

Cell signal puts Cohen outside Prague around time of purported Russian meeting

cool, we're well on our way to "so what?"

Were there any scans in 2016? (Cohen’s passport) Source?

cool, we're well on our way to "so what?"
So we have evidence that the presidents close personal lawyer travelled to meet with russians in a srcret meeting and lied about it for a year all the while that foreign government was hacking and releasing the personal emails of his opponents? And that warrants a so what?

Its absolutely amazing to me how much mental gymnastics trump supporters are willing to engage in just so they can act like this much lying and shady stuff is ok.

Last edited:
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/investigations/article219016820.html

Thats a whole lot of evidence supporting a very big claim in the Russia Dossier. The article goes on to say they have verified this through 4 different sources with knowledge. Things are about to get very interesting.

I don't know this website. I would urge people to wait until at least one or two mainstream sources verify it. Hopefully it's true because Trump needs negative press before he ends the shutdown to distract people and play the role of hero.

If true, the sole point of contention with the dossier disappears.

So we have evidence that the presidents close personal lawyer travelled to meet with russians in a srcret meeting and lied about it for a year all the while that foreign government was hacking and releasing the personal emails of his opponents? And that warrants a so what?

Its absolutely amazing to me how much mental gymnastics trump supporters are willing to engage in just so they can act like this much lying and shady stuff is ok.

It's amazing to me, as well. I understood a while ago that the tribal two party system was failing, but I didn't think that it would reach the current level of crazy.

I don't know this website. I would urge people to wait until at least one or two mainstream sources verify it. Hopefully it's true because Trump needs negative press before he ends the shutdown to distract people and play the role of hero.

McClatchy is generally respected, though I'm not certain if it falls into the MSM department.

Mcclatchydc is highly respected and unbiased. They specialize in investigative journalism. Id put there reporting up there with the best of the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The FBI is reported to have siezed over a dozen cellphones in the raid on Cohen’s premises. How difficult would another passport be?
Then there is a report in the OP link stating that Cohen was traveling or met with Steven VanZandt. Boom! There is the mob connection.......:2razz:

Anybody with an above room temp IQ knows that you can get to anywhere in the EU without a passport once you've entered the EU at any entry.

They're a solid source.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/mcclatchydc/

leastbiased021.png

These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.

Factual Reporting: HIGH

Notes: The McClatchy Company is a publicly traded American publishing company based in Sacramento, California. It operates 29 daily newspapers in 14 states. McClatchy journalists have also won 9 Pulitzer prizes in their 159-year history. Well sourced and has low bias. (D. Van Zandt 10/30/2016)

Anybody with an above room temp IQ knows that you can get to anywhere in the EU without a passport once you've entered the EU at any entry.

According to the OP link the Italy dates are mid-late July, didn’t notice, was there a date on the cell tower ping?

According to the OP link the Italy dates are mid-late July, didn’t notice, was there a date on the cell tower ping?

The Steele dossier states he was there in August which negates the previous UK stamp. The article lists late August or early September as the time frame of the cell tower data.

Except no one is doing that. You, on the other hand, are assuming things not laid out in the story. The dossier says he was in Prague to meet with russians. This story, if accurate, only verifies that he was in Prague. Regardless, whatever the truth is, Cohen has given all the details to Mueller. But so far, Mueller has charged no one with a crime regarding the 2016 election. Including Cohen.

Back
Top Bottom