• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cell phone tracking

Superfly

Salty, defiant, and completely non-compliant.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Anybody ever use any program like this? I want a good program for more than one reason. First, it's important that if our phones get stolen, they can be tracked. Secondly, I have teenage daughters, so it'll be nice to know that they are where they are supposed to be. :lol: The platform is iOS. I have downloaded the apps for AmberAlert GPS but I don't think it does what I need. Seems very limiting. I have also downloaded Cellphone Tracker but it didn't work too well, either.

Th eonly ones I know for certain that work johnny on the spot are the satellite phones. One of my former clients used them for his delivery trucks that used to travel all over the east coast to be able to track where his employees were at any given moment.

Th eonly ones I know for certain that work johnny on the spot are the satellite phones. One of my former clients used them for his delivery trucks that used to travel all over the east coast to be able to track where his employees were at any given moment.

Get your kids on Qualcomm.

Keep in mind these programs only work when the phone is on. If someone steals the phone and pulls the battery, the program doesn't work at all.

Anybody ever use any program like this? I want a good program for more than one reason. First, it's important that if our phones get stolen, they can be tracked. Secondly, I have teenage daughters, so it'll be nice to know that they are where they are supposed to be. :lol: The platform is iOS. I have downloaded the apps for AmberAlert GPS but I don't think it does what I need. Seems very limiting. I have also downloaded Cellphone Tracker but it didn't work too well, either.
Teenage girls? A birth control implant in one arm, a tracking chip in the other, and a GPS locator on each car with a Breathalyzer starter control. No worries, and honey, of course I trust you, I trust you to be and act like a teenage girl.

How many orange jumpsuits with numbers on the back do they have?

Lookout.

Keep in mind these programs only work when the phone is on. If someone steals the phone and pulls the battery, the program doesn't work at all.

Lookout works when the phone is off. Also, Lookout will send a "flair" to your account page before the battery dies, before entering and after exiting a dead zone, and if its ever disabled or removed without the password. Additional preference settings can tell Lookout to send a flair when the phone is turned on or off.

Lookout can remotly lock your phone, make it scream, activly track and record its movment, and wipe the drive in addition to locating.

Lookout is also a halfway decent firewall, anti-virise and anti-malware program.

Last edited:
Teenage girls? A birth control implant in one arm, a tracking chip in the other, and a GPS locator on each car with a Breathalyzer starter control. No worries, and honey, of course I trust you, I trust you to be and act like a teenage girl.
....or she can get a job and pay for her own damn phone. My sons have cell phones on my account and I made it clear that those phones are mine. Since its my personal property I'm lending them ill put whatever programs on it I want.

Why the hell not? You're a bad dad!:lol:

So I have been told on a daily basis for one reason or the other. :3oops:

On the plus side, at that age, you can swing from being the worst dad ever to the best dad ever in pretty short order when so inclined.

Lookout works when the phone is off. Also, Lookout will send a "flair" to your account page before the battery dies, before entering and after exiting a dead zone, and if its ever disabled or removed without the password. Additional preference settings can tell Lookout to send a flair when the phone is turned on or off.

Lookout can remotly lock your phone, make it scream, activly track and record its movment, and wipe the drive in addition to locating.

Lookout is also a halfway decent firewall, anti-virise and anti-malware program.

That's why I specifically said pulling the battery. Nothing works when the battery is out and any thief with a clue is going to immediately yank the battery until they can get someplace they can wipe the memory of the phone.

....or she can get a job and pay for her own damn phone. My sons have cell phones on my account and I made it clear that those phones are mine. Since its my personal property I'm lending them ill put whatever programs on it I want.

Damn straight. I've made that clear from day one. Cell phones are a privilege, not a right. Although, honestly, these phones are as much for me as for them. Columbine scared the hell out of me.

Thanks, Jer. Will look into that.

Everyone in my Dad's family uses their iPhones to track each other which scares me. I'm glad I don't really have to deal with that. I'm 19 now but everyone of all ages has to subscribe to that.

I'm glad my Mom brought me up the way she did when my parents divorced. I had A LOT of freedom growing up as a teenager .She knew I was out doing stupid things like most teenagers do, but knew that I would learn from that. I pushed the limits a lot, but I've noticed that I have a WAY better understanding of what those limits are and a better sense of danger in college compared to kids that were sheltered in their teen years.

Everyone in my Dad's family uses their iPhones to track each other which scares me. I'm glad I don't really have to deal with that. I'm 19 now but everyone of all ages has to subscribe to that.

I'm glad my Mom brought me up the way she did when my parents divorced. I had A LOT of freedom growing up as a teenager .She knew I was out doing stupid things like most teenagers do, but knew that I would learn from that. I pushed the limits a lot, but I've noticed that I have a WAY better understanding of what those limits are and a better sense of danger in college compared to kids that were sheltered in their teen years.

I don't want her sheltered too much, Cecil. I want my kids to make mistakes. It's the only way they'll learn. That being said, I don't want them out doing things that could be dangerous for girls, that are not so dangerous for boys. Know what I mean? Plus, they go to school in a pretty rough neighborhood. Their school is only 1 block over from that baby that was shot in the face back in March.

That's why I specifically said pulling the battery. Nothing works when the battery is out and any thief with a clue is going to immediately yank the battery until they can get someplace they can wipe the memory of the phone.
A lot of thieves don't have clues.

Jerry - that doesn't seem to work for what I need it to. I need something like the Verizon Family Locator but that didn't work for whatever reason. That only tracks my phone. Doesn't give me the option of adding other phones on to the plan.

Jerry - that doesn't seem to work for what I need it to. I need something like the Verizon Family Locator but that didn't work for whatever reason. That only tracks my phone. Doesn't give me the option of adding other phones on to the plan.
Well silly-head go down to the Verizon store and let them figure it out for you. That's what they're there for and they're pretty good at it.

What does "didn't work" mean? Did the app crash? Did it install correctly? Have you kept it updated? Are you trying to do something the app wasn't designed to do (which means it's not a technical problem, just the wrong tool for the task). Did a permission it needs in order to work get accidentally rescinded by you or another app which you may not have known was going to disable it?

Well silly-head go down to the Verizon store and let them figure it out for you. That's what they're there for and they're pretty good at it.

What does "didn't work" mean? Did the app crash? Did it install correctly? Have you kept it updated? Are you trying to do something the app wasn't designed to do (which means it's not a technical problem, just the wrong tool for the task).

*shudder* Honestly, I'd rather get poked in the eye with a red hot poker than deal with the Verizon store here. They are not the sharpest crayons in the box, and every time I've gone there, I've had to call Verizon's 800 line to get them to fix what the store jacked up. :lol: It was installed - it's just not working properly.

Find My iPhone by Apple
https://appsto.re/us/qSTAw.i

Find My Friends by Apple
https://appsto.re/us/UvhYB.i

Thanks, greyhat. I tried Find My iPhone but it was really confusing, trying to figure out how to track others' phones. I can track mine with it, but not anyone else's.

I am downloading Find My Friends right now. *keeping my fingers crossed!*

Back
Top Bottom