• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cell phone help

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Tonight a friend asked me on FB why I never responded to his texts. He said he sent 2 texts in the past hour. I never got them. When I tried to text him, he never got it. So I had a few people text me to see if they came through. I only got texts from one person out of 3 that tried.

What the heck is goin' on?

Tonight a friend asked me on FB why I never responded to his texts. He said he sent 2 texts in the past hour. I never got them. When I tried to text him, he never got it. So I had a few people text me to see if they came through. I only got texts from one person out of 3 that tried.

Who is your service provider? The problem may be with them and their crappy coverage or your cell phone itself. Either way, hit up your provider and see what they say.

Who is your service provider? The problem may be with them and their crappy coverage or your cell phone itself. Either way, hit up your provider and see what they say.
This is good advice.

However, before that, you might try something else. This does happen to me every once in a while as well, but usually if I send a text to myself, it will "clear the tube", so to speak, so you might try that as well. I'll send a text to myself and get 3 or 4 messages from other people, in addition to the text to myself.

Check and see if you have airplane mode on. If so, turn it off. My grand niece did that to me once, could not figure out why I was missing all those texts...

Check and see if you have airplane mode on. If so, turn it off. My grand niece did that to me once, could not figure out why I was missing all those texts...
If she was able to send texts, then airplane mode wouldn't be on, would it?

Airplane mode is off and sending myself a text didn't help.

Same thing happened to my mom today:cuckoo:

Which one? There's many different kinds? Also, are you using the original Messages app?

Um...... I don't know which one. Yes, I'm just using the normal messaging app.

Um...... I don't know which one. Yes, I'm just using the normal messaging app.
I assume you've done a restart on your phone...

The only other thing I can think to do, aside from having a conversation with your cell provider, is to go into Settings and then your Application Manager and then your Messages application (how you do this will be different depending on your phone). You can try to "Clear data" and "Clear cache". It might wipe all your text messages (I have no idea, I've never done it), so you may consider trying to back up your texts first if you want to keep them. There are apps in the Google Play store that can do that.

Call Eric Holder--he will have copies of the ones you missed :2razz:

They are probably jammed up somewhere and will wake you up arriving at 4am

Thanks for the help even though none of it really helped. :)

It's the Gub-mint... Them libruls are interceptin' yur tects an keepin' a recard on you.

Turn your phone off. Take your battery out for 60 seconds and then reinstall it. Fire it up and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, I would tend to think it is your provider.

Turn your phone off. Take your battery out for 60 seconds and then reinstall it. Fire it up and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, I would tend to think it is your provider.

Already did that 3 times. :)

Maybe a silly question but do you have a plan that includes texts? Some years ago, you had to buy it, maybe its automatic now?

Maybe a silly question but do you have a plan that includes texts? Some years ago, you had to buy it, maybe its automatic now?

Yes, I have unlimited texts.

I just got the ones I was supposed to get hours ago! :)

Josie, who's your cell phone provider? Mine is Verizon and it happens from time to time. The family and I were shopping the other day, in the same store, and my daughter sent me a text. It never got through until 10 minutes later, even though we were in the same store, using the same plan with the same provider.

I use Verizon. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen to me, too. I think it's just Verizon.

Edited to add: I just remembered it took a bit longer to get to me, because we were driving in the car, almost home, and I finally got it.

How old is it?

Could be a phone problem or a service issue. Can you make calls? If you have reception, call your provider and ask the nice Filipino Lady to see if she can find the problem.

You guys can text all you want. But keep talking to cell phones to a minimum!

The Hamzany et al (2013) study had an experiment with heavy speakers (8 hours a month) and the deaf (who only texted mostly). Heavy users had increased oxidative stress in their saliva. The higher the oxidative stress the more all of your cells get damaged (including DNA cells).

References:

Hamzany, Y., Feinmesser, R., Shpitzer, T., Mizrachi, A., Hilly, O., ... Nagler, R. M. (2013). Is human saliva an indicator of the adverse health effects of using mobile phones? Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, 18 (6): 622 DOI: 10.1089/ars.2012.4751.

Back
Top Bottom