• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Celebrate Diversity

Robodoon

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Celebrate Diversity
Embrace Multiculturalism
Practice tolerance.

The also say,

"one world, one voice and one people"

So which is it?, aren’t those ideas out of phase with each other?

http://www.newswithviews.com/education/education5.htm

Children are fed Anti American DOUBLE SPEAK! and our dollars pay for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robodoon said:
Celebrate Diversity
Embrace Multiculturalism
Practice tolerance.

The also say,

The two are compatible. You can celibrate diversity AND still all be American. Isn't that one of the strengths of America? Maybe not always in practise but it is certainly an ideal to look up to. And don't just think about race, think about all the diversity.

In America you can celebrate diversity unless you are white, because if your white your just and evil racist…right?

In America you can Embrace Multiculturalism, unless you want Embrace American heritage, that’s intolerant of others.

Wrong. Of course white people can celibrate diversity.

In America you can practice tolerance, unless you’re a Christian quoting the Bible, because the bible is “intolerant”

There's nothing wrong with quoting the bible, which often teaches tolerance, unless it is to preach intolerance. Tolerant people can tolerate most things - except intolerance.

Our tax payer dollars being used to destroy our nation, our families and our faith.

Communism isn’t dead, we are….and we paid for it to boot.

And I thought you were going to blame the liberals!

In short, what is needed is balance and tolerance. Of course you can use the bible to say that all other religions are evil, but with a little bit of tolerance you can say "this is what I believe in, but you can believe what you want."

What I really want to say to people is, Celebrate Diversity, Embrace Multiculturalism, Practice tolerance.

Mod Note

Robodoon, this is your second violation of our rule of posting beyond fair use of copyrighted material. Please observe our rules and do not do this again.

/Mod Note

Just thought you'd like a little anecdote.

Having to deal with the many ridiculously politically correct departments at an uberliberal institution like NYU makes me sick. When my staff and I had to hear a presentation from the Office for African American, Hispanic and Asian/Pacific Islanders the other day, I was prepared to be indoctrinated. After going through the usual diversity crap, the spokesman, a black man, continued his argument, saying that all diversity must be respected and honored. He said something like this:

"If we are to really be able to appreciate our heritage, ethnicity, religion, etc, we have to make sure that we're allowing everyone to do that. If I want to be proud of my blackness, I have to support you in your pride in your Hispanicness, and you in your Whiteness. You can't be proud of being South American and at the same time be bothered by someone elses decision to be proud of their Europeanness. If you want to be proud of being gay, then you have to understand someone elses decision to be proud of being straight. If you want to be proud of Islam, remember that there are those who are equally proud of Judiasm and Christianity and their own decision not to believe at all. The only way we're going to move anything forward is for everyone to realize that they should be proud of all the things that go into making them who they are."

My head perked up like crazy, and I was very, very surprised. Guess that just goes to show you that some people really, really do get it.

So, I guess, I'm just saying that as someone who hates the concept of "building diversity," hates bureaucracy, and hates seminars, that this was a welcome surprise.

RightatNYU said:

Having to deal with the many ridiculously politically correct departments at an uberliberal institution like NYU makes me sick. When my staff and I had to hear a presentation from the Office for African American, Hispanic and Asian/Pacific Islanders the other day, I was prepared to be indoctrinated. After going through the usual diversity crap, the spokesman, a black man, continued his argument, saying that all diversity must be respected and honored. He said something like this:

"If we are to really be able to appreciate our heritage, ethnicity, religion, etc, we have to make sure that we're allowing everyone to do that. If I want to be proud of my blackness, I have to support you in your pride in your Hispanicness, and you in your Whiteness. You can't be proud of being South American and at the same time be bothered by someone elses decision to be proud of their Europeanness. If you want to be proud of being gay, then you have to understand someone elses decision to be proud of being straight. If you want to be proud of Islam, remember that there are those who are equally proud of Judiasm and Christianity and their own decision not to believe at all. The only way we're going to move anything forward is for everyone to realize that they should be proud of all the things that go into making them who they are."

My head perked up like crazy, and I was very, very surprised. Guess that just goes to show you that some people really, really do get it.

So, I guess, I'm just saying that as someone who hates the concept of "building diversity," hates bureaucracy, and hates seminars, that this was a welcome surprise.

Your guest speaker is one of the rare ones that actually understand the concept. There are many that talk the talk. IE, you can be whatever you want, but don't wear a religious shirt to school, or bring your bible, or pray, because that is wrong. Don't wear a confederate flag, as that may offend as well, but we'll celebrate homosexuality or what ever else is the PC item of the day.
All or none. And most want to pick and choose.

Robodoon said:
Celebrate Diversity
Embrace Multiculturalism
Practice tolerance.

The also say,

When I used to hear multiculturalism I used to think people of all races getting along together and that is a good thing.Now when I hear multiculturalism I see it as code for anti-american,anti-family,anti-moral indoctrination.I think the NEA should be banned.

paulmarkj said:
The two are compatible. You can celibrate diversity AND still all be American. Isn't that one of the strengths of America? Maybe not always in practise but it is certainly an ideal to look up to. And don't just think about race, think about all the diversity.

Its a trick, it has nothing to do with people getting along.

Wrong. Of course white people can celibrate diversity.
No whites aren't concidered in the equation. Whites can parrot the PC lies, but whites aren't included in this mix

There's nothing wrong with quoting the bible, which often teaches tolerance, unless it is to preach intolerance. Tolerant people can tolerate most things - except intolerance.
People who preach tolerence are intolerent of the Bible.

And I thought you were going to blame the liberals!
In a way I am.

In short, what is needed is balance and tolerance. Of course you can use the bible to say that all other religions are evil, but with a little bit of tolerance you can say "this is what I believe in, but you can believe what you want."
Thats not what tolerence means today, today its a trick the people pushing it have" One world, one people, one voice on their minds" which will have no tolerence for anyone else.

What I really want to say to people is, Celebrate Diversity, Embrace Multiculturalism, Practice tolerance.
So be a Rockefellian SLAVE and say it?

RightatNYU said:

Very good
;)

jamesrage said:
When I used to hear multiculturalism I used to think people of all races getting along together and that is a good thing.Now when I hear multiculturalism I see it as code for anti-american,anti-family,anti-moral indoctrination.I think the NEA should be banned.

very good ;)

I'd like to answer, but, quite frankly, I don't understand your writing.

jamesrage said:

All of these anti-american and ani-moral complaints are relative to an individual person. Your standard of morality is not the same as everyone else's. You can't just conform everyone to a moral standard.

There is nothing wrong with diversity. But there is a great deal wrong with race preferences and multiculturalism.

Multiculturalist rhetoric usually pleases the unthinking sheep, but it is a step in the wrong direction. We need to go back to the melting pot, where immigrants integrated into American culture. Now, a Korean-American is not a Korean-American. He is a Korean living outside Korea. There is no national identity anymore-thanks to multiculturalism. All things American are being discarded so we can have a hundred little foreign countries within our borders, and all with nothing in common.

liberal1 said:
All of these anti-american and ani-moral complaints are relative to an individual person. Your standard of morality is not the same as everyone else's. You can't just conform everyone to a moral standard.

The aimless, directionless, self-serving, gluttonous hedon-society being created by the flower-petal-throwing, hippy multiculturists is the antithesis of morality.

Everything is not as subjective, unaccountable, and "your truth, my truth" as the anti-morality crowd needs people to beleive it is.

For instance: Having sex with anyone you want, whenever you want, no matter how or who it affects IS immoral-regardless of whoever tells you otherwise.

aquapub said:
The aimless, directionless, self-serving, gluttonous hedon-society being created by the flower-petal-throwing, hippy multiculturists is the antithesis of morality.

Everything is not as subjective, unaccountable, and "your truth, my truth" as the anti-morality crowd needs people to beleive it is.

For instance: Having sex with anyone you want, whenever you want, no matter how or who it affects IS immoral-regardless of whoever tells you otherwise.

Take the personal attacks down a notch.

aquapub said:
There is nothing wrong with diversity. But there is a great deal wrong with race preferences and multiculturalism.

Multiculturalist rhetoric usually pleases the unthinking sheep, but it is a step in the wrong direction. We need to go back to the melting pot, where immigrants integrated into American culture. Now, a Korean-American is not a Korean-American. He is a Korean living outside Korea. There is no national identity anymore-thanks to multiculturalism. All things American are being discarded so we can have a hundred little foreign countries within our borders, and all with nothing in common.

So then tell me. What exactly is an American?

liberal1 said:
Not this relativism crap about how different people's morals can vary widely and that there should not be a set standard.

paulmarkj said:
I'd like to answer, but, quite frankly, I don't understand your writing.

Its very simple, the children are being conditioned in double mind.
On one hand they are being taught all are different, equal and special, while they are being taught to reject differences for a set agenda. One World Order.

The idea is to destroy American culture and replace it with global culture.

liberal1 said:

We are talking about a trick here. Not Political Correctness, but the TRICK political Correctness is for

aquapub said:

;) very good ;)

aquapub said:

;) yes thats part of it, changing morality standards of the USA to Global Humanistic Standards that look toward the state and not God.

A neighboring town to mine had a reputation for diversity,multiculruralism and tolerance.Than came the Christmas carol scandal. The School board had, outlawed the singing of any religious Christmas carols a few years ago.Now they were forbidding the playing of any religious music. So jingle bells was in the Messiah was out. All hell broke loose, the students thought the whole thing was stupid. The school boards actions brought ridicule and embarassment to the town.Its tolerant,multicultural reputation was gone.Ani-christian bigots is how the town was being described. The matter is still be fought.

JOHNYJ said:
A neighboring town to mine had a reputation for diversity,multiculruralism and tolerance.Than came the Christmas carol scandal. The School board had, outlawed the singing of any religious Christmas carols a few years ago.Now they were forbidding the playing of any religious music. So jingle bells was in the Messiah was out. All hell broke loose, the students thought the whole thing was stupid. The school boards actions brought ridicule and embarassment to the town.Its tolerant,multicultural reputation was gone.Ani-christian bigots is how the town was being described. The matter is still be fought.

thats right the PC ideas are only for certain things, it promotes breakdown of American Culture and heritage and seeks to change culture to a collective one.

I wish them luck, the richest people in the world are behind this push for global change.

JOHNYJ said:

Diversity and multiculturasim is not the same thing as it was a long time ago.

Diversity usually means perversity.

Multiculturism usually means anything not religious,not conservative,not american. and anti-american.

Robodoon said:
Celebrate Diversity
Embrace Multiculturalism
Practice tolerance.

The also say,

Celebrate diverse peoples, and what makes them diverse, who are connected by one voice, which in fact makes them one people. I don't know about this one world business, one world gov't????

Robodoon,

Ideologs are a little scary! You have an agenda and you select biased sources to support it! :roll:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom