• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDFW Cleans Up Illegal Cannabis Operation at Los Padres National Forest

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

"This site was overrun with trash and dangerous pesticides at every corner of the grow complex,” said David Bess, CDFW Deputy Director and Chief of the Law Enforcement Division. “I’m proud of the work that was completed on this mission by our wildlife officers and support team.”

The team removed approximately 3,000 lbs. of trash, hundreds of feet of plastic irrigation piping, two makeshift stoves and other discarded camping equipment. Much of the trash was located in a seasonal stream channel, which led to the Pacific Ocean. If left in place, much of that garbage could have been carried to the coastline by high stream flows from winter rains.

Illegal pot growing on public land is a huge problem: Trash, fertilizers, pesticides, no concern at all for preservation of the land, just get the pot grown and get out.

Yet, pot is legal in California and a lot of other states.

So, why can't it be grown on private land according to sustainable agricultural practices?

No one grows tomatoes on public land, or asparagus, or oranges, or anything else.

If pot is legal, then growing it should be legal as well. What do you say?

Illegal pot growing on public land is a huge problem: Trash, fertilizers, pesticides, no concern at all for preservation of the land, just get the pot grown and get out.

Yet, pot is legal in California and a lot of other states.

So, why can't it be grown on private land according to sustainable agricultural practices?

No one grows tomatoes on public land, or asparagus, or oranges, or anything else.

If pot is legal, then growing it should be legal as well. What do you say?
Of course it should. If It's illegal to grow your own, that's a prime example of a law that needs to be defied. Why head down the right road and only go half-way?
They did something similar here, in Canada. Pot is legal but we can only legally grow 4 plants. I grow a dozen because I grow a years supply for a group of people. I'm only liable for a fine, if I were actually tjcketed, but it's a frustratingly stupid situation.
Baby steps, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom