• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC was pressured 'from the top down' to change coronavirus testing guidance

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
[h=1]CDC was pressured 'from the top down' to change coronavirus testing guidance[/h]CDC was pressured 'from the top down' to change Covid-19 testing guidance, official says - CNNPolitics

A sudden change in federal guidelines on coronavirus testing came this week as a result of pressure from the upper ranks of the Trump administration, a federal health official close to the process tells CNN.

"It's coming from the top down," the official said of the new directive from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The new guidelines raise the bar on who should get tested, advising that some people without symptoms probably don't need it -- even if they've been in close contact with an infected person.

Previously, the CDC said viral testing was appropriate for people with recent or suspected exposure, even if they were asymptomatic.
CDC would not comment on questions about its own policy change. A CDC spokesperson referred all questions to the Department of Health and Human Services.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I want to see Trump supporters defend this. I want to see how they're going to justify Trump's interference with the CDC to change the testing guidelines and try to put a positive spin on it. This is absolute madness on Trump's part and it's totally political. He has put politics above the health and safety of the people in this country enough already. This is going to be devastating.

He has stated a number of times that he wants the testing 'slowed down' because "if you do more tests, you get more positive numbers". YEAH that's the idea dumbass!

If the CDC has been recommending for months that people that have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 get tested and if they're positive to self-quarantine for 14 days. This prevents another 20 or more people from being infected. Now, the way that Trump and the CDC want is, is for people to come into contact with someone with covid-19 and NOT be tested which means there's going to be an increase in infections. BUT -- as long as Trump's numbers are declining, that's okay - right?

I'm going for a cancer screening next month and if I skip that appointment, that doesn't mean I'm cancer-free, it only means that if I do happen to have cancer, I won't know it or seek treatment and possibly die. What the hell is wrong with you people?? Wake the hell up already, this is a very dangerous game you're all playing with our lives.

Forgotten is the Admin policy of getting the stats before the CDC....

What the hell is wrong with you people?? Wake the hell up already, this is a very dangerous game you're all playing with our lives.

If it helps Trump get reelected, they'll still have a well-paying job and Trump will protect them them pardons.

That's how Trumpism works.

Who is this official? If this official wants to make a statement, and if this official thinks his statement is important enough that I might give it consideration, this official will have to offer his or her name. Otherwise, it's as likely BS as not.

Month Eight of the disastrous federal response.

Who is this official? If this official wants to make a statement, and if this official thinks his statement is important enough that I might give it consideration, this official will have to offer his or her name. Otherwise, it's as likely BS as not.

In the Trump administration if you tell the truth, refuse to lie or do your job you are in big trouble. Why should a patriot who wants the truth to be told be required to lose their job to do it?

Hopefully Redfield and others will be brought before Congress and forced to tell the truth.

There is no scientific reason for the change in CDC policy. That’s why the CDC couldn’t give any supporting reasons. The change only supports Trumps viewpoint that the virus is a public relations problem not a public health problem. More lives will be sacrificed.

Sick. Sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

What's BS? The directive came down it came down from the top, because it did not come from anyone who cares about science. This is obvious to what the Trump Admin wants so what's the question?

There appear to be some who are 'shocked!', 'shocked!'* that people in the FDA, the CDC, etc., bow under the pressure from above. There's no reason to assume a degree of heroism in those who bent the knee different than what we ourselves possess. People, after all, are people. Warts and all. We, many of us, would describe ourselves as 'law abiding' citizens if asked. Yet when we're driving our cars, how many of us constantly check our speed and keep it at or below the posted limit? How many of us consciously bring our cars to complete stops at stop signs? You get the point. We, many of us, are not quite as new fallen snow pure as we represent ourselves to be.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

* Some may have caught a whiff of Mr. Claude Rains' famous line from Casablanca.

Last edited:
In the Trump administration if you tell the truth, refuse to lie or do your job you are in big trouble. Why should a patriot who wants the truth to be told be required to lose their job to do it?

Hopefully Redfield and others will be brought before Congress and forced to tell the truth.

There is no scientific reason for the change in CDC policy. That’s why the CDC couldn’t give any supporting reasons. The change only supports Trumps viewpoint that the virus is a public relations problem not a public health problem. More lives will be sacrificed.

Sick. Sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, brother. Sounds like made up **** to me.

What's BS? The directive came down it came down from the top, because it did not come from anyone who cares about science. This is obvious to what the Trump Admin wants so what's the question?

So, no name.

Regardless of guidance, doctors will not likely turn down running a test.

Back
Top Bottom