• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC: Syphilis Rates Among Gay Men Highest Since Before Start Of HIV Epidemic

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Umm, syphilis is not a gay problem, many of the young in particular think the scare of catching something is a thing of the past, they will learn otherwise the hard way.

Of course Syphilis itself is not a gay problem, but it sure is spreading among gay men.

article-2536846-1A886DA600000578-678_634x623.jpg

So, the argument that "straight people get Syphilis too" is sort of silly. No?

Of course Syphilis itself is not a gay problem, but it sure is spreading among gay men.

I am just pointing out why it is so, I did not say otherwise.

No, it's accurate.

Attempting to try and scare people straight is silly. It never will work. You should really give up.

Learn What?

Whatever straight people learned. They have much lower rates of Syphilus and, unlike men who have sex with men, their infection rates are actually decreasing, slightly, as we see in the above graph.

No, it's accurate.

Attempting to try and scare people straight is silly. It never will work. You should really give up.
No. The numbers tell the story. Men who have sex with men spread disease...a lot. PC gay agenda lies won't hide that fact.

And gays wonder why so many straights dislike them. A lot of people don't ignore the disease thing among the gay men. In fact, telling us it does not exist kind of pisses us off.

No. The numbers tell the story. Men who have sex with men spread disease...a lot. PC gay agenda lies won't hide that fact.

And gays wonder why so many straights dislike them. A lot of people don't ignore the disease thing among the gay men. In fact, telling us it does not exist kind of pisses us off.

Oh please. Don't act like "gay men get STDs more often" is why you hate gay people. Don't ****ing lie about that. Your God hates lies.

Oh please. Don't act like "gay men get STDs more often" is why you hate gay people. Don't ****ing lie about that. Your God hates lies.

lol...I'm an atheist. And, I could care less who is ****ing who, where, when, or how. But, it would be nice if people who **** a lot of people would be a bit more careful.

Generally no they don't. That's really a fact. Unless you can come up with the percentage of gay men who have such diseases, you're just hyping up something that doesn't really indicate what your hype suggests.

And gays wonder why so many straights dislike them.
I have never actually encountered a person in real life that has much to say about it. I think it's just closet homos on the web that dislike them. And it's really obvious why. So no, I don't think anybody wonders. We pretty much know.

A lot of people don't ignore the disease thing among the gay men.
I hope you lose sleep over it.

In fact, telling us it does not exist kind of pisses us off.
I am pretty sure that's the exact reason somebody would tell you that.

If such benign actions of another pisses you if that means they have control over how you feel.

I personally don't deny the risk of disease among promiscuous people, I simply am not promiscuous. I can't control what others do by stomping my feet and crying about how it pisses me off.

Live and let live is a pretty good policy.

Generally no they don't. That's really a fact. Unless you can come up with the percentage of gay men who have such diseases, you're just hyping up something that doesn't really indicate what your hype suggests.

I have never actually encountered a person in real life that has much to say about it. I think it's just closet homos on the web that dislike them. And it's really obvious why. So no, I don't think anybody wonders. We pretty much know.

I hope you lose sleep over it.

I am pretty sure that's the exact reason somebody would tell you that.

If such benign actions of another pisses you if that means they have control over how you feel.

I personally don't deny the risk of disease among promiscuous people, I simply am not promiscuous. I can't control what others do by stomping my feet and crying about how it pisses me off.

Live and let live is a pretty good policy.

Seems you're the one taking it personal. I'm just looking at the numbers and going, "Hmmm...men ****ing men looks to be a pretty dangerous pastime."

Seems you're the one taking it personal. I'm just looking at the numbers and going, "Hmmm...men ****ing men looks to be a pretty dangerous pastime."
Seems you're projecting. Promiscuity is a dangerous behavior regardless of who you find to do it with.

There is absolutely zero chance of two men infecting one another if neither is infected. So that in and of itself isn't dangerous at all.

Seems you're projecting. Promiscuity is a dangerous behavior regardless of who you find to do it with.

There is absolutely zero chance of two men infecting one another if neither is infected. So that in and of itself isn't dangerous at all.

:roll:

While anyone who has sex can get an STD, sexually active gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are at greater risk. In addition to having higher rates of syphilis, more than half of all new HIV infections occur among MSM.

Gay Men and STDs | Sexually Transmitted Diseases | CDC

The Nile runs deep in the gay community. It must be from all that dredging done by the gay agenda.

You bring out an excellent point.

A point that supports Same-sex Marriage and promoting stable long term relationships in the community as contrasted with ostracizing and forcing them underground were multiple partners and one night stands are the norm.

Pretty hard to catch an STD if you are monogamous and both you and your partner are clean.

>>>>

You bring out an excellent point.

A point that supports Same-sex Marriage and promoting stable long term relationships in the community as contrasted with ostracizing and forcing them underground were multiple partners and one night stands are the norm.

Pretty hard to catch an STD if you are monogamous and both you and your partner are clean.

>>>>
Sure. That's one more reason why people should support gay marriage.

Personally, I prefer gay men be out of the closet and not carry on faux opposite sex relationships just to fit some social norm. Better for everyone involved if the stigma goes away and gays practice same sex monogamy if possible.

Sure. That's one more reason why people should support gay marriage.

Personally, I prefer gay men be out of the closet and not carry on faux opposite sex relationships just to fit some social norm. Better for everyone involved if the stigma goes away and gays practice same sex monogamy if possible.
It wouldn't be an opposite sex relationship or a "faux" opposite sex relationship if both people are the same sex.

It would be a same sex relationship.

I was going to post facts but what's the point when the OP started a thread to go after "those people". :shrug:

It wouldn't be an opposite sex relationship or a "faux" opposite sex relationship if both people are the same sex.

It would be a same sex relationship.

I'm talking about gay people who marry opposite sex people to keep up appearances. I'm surprised you failed to understand that.

I was going to post facts but what's the point when the OP started a thread to go after "those people". :shrug:

Yeah..."those people" who get STD's at astonishingly high rates.

Strange isn't it? Why gay people need continual reminders of facts that are accessible by anybody.

It's like not a single family member ever says a word to their gay family members. Thank god for clowns in the internet. They were about to go have anonymous sex. What a knight in shining armour these people are.

Back
Top Bottom