• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC: Syphilis Rates Among Gay Men Highest Since Before Start Of HIV Epidemic

It seems like you're on a witch hunt here.

What you fail to realize is that the very statistics you're quoting are a result of gay men who self-report and get regular STD checks. We wouldn't even have these numbers if they weren't going to get tested. Gay men get tested way more than straight men, per capita. So your claim that the high numbers are due to guys on the down low is totally incorrect and misguided.

Yes, gay men have higher STD numbers per capita, because of the kind of sex they have which naturally leaves them more vulnerable. And yes, I'm sure some of those numbers are due to irresponsible people, just like some numbers are due to exposure to someone they thought they could trust.

You can't draw conclusions about morals and individual behaviors just from numbers. Regardless, hating a group of people has no excuse, numbers or not. That kind of hatred reflects more poorly on you than anyone else.

I don't "hate a group of people." Why do people always assume that whenever someone says something negative about gays? I just would like that they be more careful.

Lol, what are the Gays "forcing" on you? Oh wait, NOTHING.

Not my point, which should have been obvious. Ignoring peoples will and putting yours in their place by force will inevitably cause problems.

IMO it is simply related to a willingness in some members of the Gay community to engage in unprotected sex with a number of random partners.

It is relatively easy to find willing participants in same sex encounters because there is no risk of pregnancy, which typically serves to inhibit heterosexual encounters. Women are more likely to require prophylactics to prevent the risk of pregnancy.

Not a judgement, just an opinion on the likely cause.

Ehh, I'm pretty sure a good chunk of America is supportive of gay people now.
There absolutely is, and we're grateful for that. But acceptance to me is all our nothing
Even younger republicans are supportive of gay people.
The older republicans insist that they aren't. I don't know when that became such a decisive issue.

I don't "hate a group of people." Why do people always assume that whenever someone says something negative about gays? I just would like that they be more careful.

When you start a thread with, "Won't these people ever learn?", it doesn't exactly look compassionate. Why are you targeting this one specific group? You're aware that other demographics have high STD rates as well, such as black women?

I find your motives suspect.

Forcing things on people is going to cause resentment.
there is no force. The resentment is unjustified.

I have to wonder if people think they can avoid that, because apparently a lot of people act all surprised when it happens.
Imaginary force?

IMO it is simply related to a willingness in some members of the Gay community to engage in unprotected sex with a number of random partners.

It is relatively easy to find willing participants in same sex encounters because there is no risk of pregnancy, which typically serves to inhibit heterosexual encounters. Women are more likely to require prophylactics to prevent the risk of pregnancy.

Not a judgement, just an opinion on the likely cause.

Well, there are people that are hedonistic. It's every bit as common in the heterosexual community. Where do all these people come from? How about all the babies that are aborted?

This it's used mainly as an excuse to justify attitudes toward gay men.

I've never heard the information boasted about in the op used as a justification for education or a warning to be safe.

It's only ever used as a way to claim homosexuality as wrong. That's how the op ment it here.

I didn't deny any facts despite being accused of doing so. It's because I'm seen as adversarial, because I don't buy into the propaganda.

But than again the op doesn't about the concept of sexual orientation. He seems to think what you're attracted to has to do with who you have sex with and not vise versa. I really think he is playing dumb when he says people just have sex with each other without being attracted to each other. Anybody from this planet knows better than that.

But alas these are the mental acrobatics necessary to justify one's attitude.

Where you claimed I'm denying something.

What am I denying?

Oh. I say you are denying the fact that men who have sex with men get a lot of STD's, especially Syphilis and HIV...way more than straight people.

When you start a thread with, "Won't these people ever learn?", it doesn't exactly look compassionate. Why are you targeting this one specific group? You're aware that other demographics have high STD rates as well, such as black women?

I find your motives suspect.

Uh, because this one specific group is the focus of the article cited in the OP?

Of course Syphilis itself is not a gay problem, but it sure is spreading among gay men.

article-2536846-1A886DA600000578-678_634x623.jpg

So, the argument that "straight people get Syphilis too" is sort of silly. No?

That graph could also substitute as a vision aide for how much you troll compared to everybody else.

So that renders your moral pontificating as sort of silly. No?

That graph could also substitute as a vision aide for how much you troll compared to everybody else.

So that renders your moral pontificating as sort of silly. No?

Uh, no.

Calamity is trolling about gay men hard... real hard

lol...bring up that men who have sex with men spread disease and before you know it all the PC Progressives have little hissy fits.

lol...bring up that men who have sex with men spread disease and before you know it all the PC Progressives have little hissy fits.
Spread it to who?

I'm a man that had sex with men and I've never contracted any disease or given it to anybody else.

So am I some form of magical man?

Generally no they don't. I've had loads of sex with men and I have never gotten a single one.

Good for you. May the force stay on your side.

Cnsnews? Yeah that isn't an article. It's a misrepresentation of facts to fuel a political agenda.

They are quoting a CDC spokesperson.

Spread it to who?

I'm a man that had sex with men and I've never contracted any disease or given it to anybody else.

So am I some form of magical man?

Spreading it far and wide, according to the data.

Back
Top Bottom