• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC reverses guidance on airborne transmission of COVID-19

I can say this much about masking up from personal experience in my state. There are only 5 states currently exhibiting positivity rates lower than 1% and mine is one of them. Virtually everybody is masked up here except for the occasions when Bozo the President decides to hold a rally up here and Trumpets are too intimidated by their own to mask up. The other 4 states that currently exhibit positivity rates lower than 1% are all NE states. The states with 5% or better rates of positivity all tend now to be the BOZO states.

Its gone from the CDC web site. A media site might still have it posted. Try a search for CDC guidance regarding airborne transmission of COVID virus. That might turn it up.
Huh. So your whole point evaporated. Did you see this statement yourself before it disappeared?

Sounds like loose talk.

Huh. So your whole point evaporated. Did you see this statement yourself before it disappeared?

Sounds like loose talk.

Yea I did see it. HHS claiming now that the airborne virus guidance was "posted by mistake". So you can likely find that more readily. Then you can come back and APOLOGIZE!

Which has nothing to do with who is or who is not masked up. There is nobody keeping accurate numbers of who is not masked up. However, the State of Kansas backed into its own case study a few months ago when its governor issued a mask mandate. Some counties complied, some did not providing both a study group and a control group. The masked up study group suffered far fewer cases than the control group suffered and Kansas Heath even posted up a graph of the results.

It might still be available at State of Kansas web site.
California is proof that mask mandates don't work. I live in Kentucky and we've had a mask mandate for months and things are worse now under the mandate. Funny how you guys all of a sudden think Kansas is your hero state.

For the terminally cement headed willing to accuse an acute asthma sufferer of "loose talk:" regarding airborne (aerosol) the COVID virus here is a portion of the guidance that was taken down by CDC:
“There is growing evidence that droplets and airborne particles can remain suspended in the air and be breathed in by others, and travel distances beyond 6 feet (for example, during choir practice, in restaurants, or in fitness classes). In general, indoor environments without good ventilation increase this risk"

I can say this much about masking up from personal experience in my state. There are only 5 states currently exhibiting positivity rates lower than 1% and mine is one of them. Virtually everybody is masked up here except for the occasions when Bozo the President decides to hold a rally up here and Trumpets are too intimidated by their own to mask up. The other 4 states that currently exhibit positivity rates lower than 1% are all NE states. The states with 5% or better rates of
Yea I did see it. HHS claiming now that the airborne virus guidance was "posted by mistake". So you can likely find that more readily. Then you can come back and APOLOGIZE!
I am sorry. I figured it was a mistake. I didn't mean you were starting loose talk, just maybe repeating it.

California is proof that mask mandates don't work. I live in Kentucky and we've had a mask mandate for months and things are worse now under the mandate. Funny how you guys all of a sudden think Kansas is your hero state.

And I have repeatedly said to YOU DIRECTLY that this thread is not about mask mandates. Its about the effectiveness of masking up when confronted by an airborne virus like COVID-19 and about the CDC taking down a guidance only 3 days after posting it that happens to be CORRECT. So you should KNOCK IT OFF. You are making an entirely irrelevant argument that is not even on topic. Go find one of the mask mandate threads and continue to vomit there if you wish.

“There is growing evidence that droplets and airborne particles can remain suspended in the air and be breathed in by others, and travel distances beyond 6 feet (for example, during choir practice, in restaurants, or in fitness classes). In general, indoor environments without good ventilation increase this risk"

The CDC guidance since removed very directly supports masking up as it is proven fact that airborne particles travel farther than 6'. So much for distancing by itself as an effective tool. By the way, the guidance as it was posted has been the accepted scientific view for months.

Remember as well that a proper mask's first order of function is to PROTECT YOUR NEIGHBOR from your airborne particles. It is HIS MASK that's primary function is to protect you from HIS airborne particles. Then again, let's not suggest that Trumpets have any social conscience whatsoever. Der Leader certainly does not.

If you have access to N95's currently unavailable to be bought by the public or KN95's you will also get more protection from airborne particles in the air around you than you will with a surgical mask and certainly more protection than you will get from some of the cloth masks that are not much more than fashion statements. Though I am medicated for my acute asthma, it is bad enough that I already suffer reduced lung function. As such I can go about an hour in an N95 before my lungs start to labor to gain enough air through that particular mask. I can go about two hours straight in a KN95 before lungs start to labor and can go all day in a surgical mask. Hence, I leave the house wearing a KN95 and if I have to stay out there in the world long enough for my lungs to start to struggle will switch to a surgical mask that I always carry with me.

You cannot correlate increased COVID cases in a state with the failure of a mask. This ignores the trillion other variables at play. Masks work to limit the spread of the virus. That is fact!

And I have repeatedly said to YOU DIRECTLY that this thread is not about mask mandates. Its about the effectiveness of masking up when confronted by an airborne virus like COVID-19 and about the CDC taking down a guidance only 3 days after posting it that happens to be CORRECT. So you should KNOCK IT OFF. You are making an entirely irrelevant argument that is not even on topic. Go find one of the mask mandate threads and continue to vomit there if you wish.
And I have repeatedly explained to you that you are not living in the world of reality if you think people will mask up just because someone tells them to. But, thanks for admitting that it is red states who are masking up better than blue states and that Kansas is your hero state.

And I have repeatedly explained to you that you are not living in the world of reality if you think people will mask up just because someone tells them to. But, thanks for admitting that it is red states who are masking up better than blue states and that Kansas is your hero state.

Even if medical experts with qualifications tell you to mask up. Even if medical experts with qualifications and scientific and medical proof masks work tell you to mask up?

Humans, society, the world and particularly the US has a chronic inability to accept science and medical experts' research. Everyone has seemingly become a medical professional since the onset of the pandemic.

Even if medical experts with qualifications tell you to mask up. Even if medical experts with qualifications and scientific and medical proof masks work tell you to mask up?

Humans, society, the world and particularly the US has a chronic inability to accept science and medical experts' research. Everyone has seemingly become a medical professional since the onset of the pandemic.
What? Medical experts with qualifications have been telling us to mask up. Medical experts with qualifications and scientific medical proof masks work have already been telling us to mask up. Newsome has asked his state to mask up. And, people are not masking up. If they won't listen to the experts, the science, and even Dear Leader Newsome, why do you think they would listen to Biden? You just got done saying there is a difference between whether masks work and mask mandates and that they are two different things and now you're trying to say that if science, the experts, and our leaders tell us to mask up, we will. We won't. They aren't doing it now under all of those very same conditions.

What? Medical experts with qualifications have been telling us to mask up. Medical experts with qualifications and scientific medical proof masks work have already been telling us to mask up. Newsome has asked his state to mask up. And, people are not masking up. If they won't listen to the experts, the science, and even Dear Leader Newsome, why do you think they would listen to Biden? You just got done saying there is a difference between whether masks work and mask mandates and that they are two different things and now you're trying to say that if science, the experts, and our leaders tell us to mask up, we will. We won't. They aren't doing it now under all of those very same conditions.

The inability to listen to medical experts has stemmed from Mr Donald Trump himself. The President sets the tone of the nation, particularly for conservatives who unfortunately support him. The tone has been set by Trump.....have no strategy to manage and subdue the pandemic, provide no clarity on masks, conduct mass gatherings denying medical advice and divide a country into chaos and ruin.

Legitimacy, clarity and authenticity are key to ensuring a message is portrayed accurately so as it can be enforced. There are always going to be issues with individuals/groups following a mandate but those three key pillars are fundamental to ensuring mask-wearing is more widespread. Tragically Trump lacks all of these and more!!

Finally, you must have me confused with someone else. This was my first comment to you.

And I have repeatedly explained to you that you are not liviing in the world of reality if you think people will mask up just because someone tells them to. But, thanks for admitting that it is red states who are masking up better than blue states and that Kansas is your hero state.

Red states are not masking up better than blue states. The best positivity rates (,1%) in the country are to be found in the 5 NE where masking up has become a way of life. The worst positivity states (>5%) are in the main to be found in the red states.

Is LYING outright about what a poster posts, the best Trumpets have? I GUESS SO!

The inability to listen to medical experts has stemmed from Mr Donald Trump himself. The President sets the tone of the nation, particularly for conservatives who unfortunately support him. The tone has been set by Trump.....have no strategy to manage and subdue the pandemic, provide no clarity on masks, conduct mass gatherings denying medical advice and divide a country into chaos and ruin.

Legitimacy, clarity and authenticity are key to ensuring a message is portrayed accurately so as it can be enforced. There are always going to be issues with individuals/groups following a mandate but those three key pillars are fundamental to ensuring mask-wearing is more widespread. Tragically Trump lacks all of these and more!!

Finally, you must have me confused with someone else. This was my first comment to you.
Now you are going full blown TDS. The experts have said to mask up. The science has said to mask up. Newsome has said to mask up. Californians aren't masking up and it is the young liberal Californians under the age of 30, not Trump supporters. And if Californians aren't masking up due to the experts, the science, and even Dear Leader Newsome, they aren't going to listen to Biden either. That's just common sense. Do you deny common sense?

Now you are going full blown TDS. The experts have said to mask up. The science has said to mask up. Newsome has said to mask up. Californians aren't masking up and it is the young liberal Californians under the age of 30, not Trump supporters. And if Californians aren't masking up due to the experts, the science, and even Dear Leader Newsome, they aren't going to listen to Biden either. That's just common sense. Do you deny common sense?

As another poster has already posted to you, the President sets the tone for the country, has the bully pulpit and he only needs to convince 30% of the population to go along with his entirely politicized view dismissing masking up to screw it up for everybody else. Son of a Gun...that is just about the average percentage for hard core Trumpets within the Electorate in this country.

Proof positive that Trumpets a mindless cult just waiting to suck down a Jim Jones Kool-aid concoction.

Just a reminder, I love it when debate opponents here mention TDS with reference to me. It simply means they have no argument and I HAVE WON. Thank you.

As another poster has already posted to you, the President sets the tone for the country, has the bully pulpit and he only needs to convince 30% of the population to go along with his entirely politicized view dismissing masking up to screw it up for everybody else. Son of a Gun...that is just about the average percentage for hard core Trumpets within the Electorate in this country.

Proof positive that Trumpets a mindless cult just waiting to suck down a Jim Jones Kool-aid concoction.

Just a reminder, I love it when debate opponents here mention TDS with reference to me. It simply means they have no argument and I HAVE WON. Thank you.
TDS is a terrible disease. My condolences for everyone effected by it. It is worse than Coronavirus. It takes away people's ability to understand common sense and listen to the facts. It turns them into fact deniers. First they say that masks working is one thing and mask mandates is a different subject and then turn right around and say they are the same.

TDS is a terrible disease. My condolences for everyone effected by it. It is worse than Coronavirus. It takes away people's ability to understand common sense and listen to the facts. It turns them into fact deniers. First they say that masks working is one thing and mask mandates is a different subject and then turn right around and say they are the same.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I pointed out that the Kansas Mask Mandate provided a Case Study for the relative effectiveness of masking up. That is not the same thing as arguing for or against mask mandates in a thread about the effectiveness of masking up and the CDC guidance regarding airborne transmission of COVID. In fact, the Kansas Case Study proves that masking up is an effective tool in reducing COVID transmission.

So I will ask the same question: Is LYING about what another poster has posted all Trumpets have to offer? Apparently so.

Lying word salad is not debate. Its PROPAGANDA, not more and not less.

Last edited:

I agree experts have said to mask up. I agree science has said to mask up. I agree Newsome has said to mask up.

Plucking unsubstantiated facts from thin air does not prove your point. Where is the data to prove people who are liberal and under 30 are not wearing masks?

Why is it countries like Australia and NZ have very little issue enforcing a mandate of these sorts.....these countries actually have a plan, a strategy, a cohesive country not a divided one and most importantly a mandate supported, endorsed, enforced and agreed with by their leader. Scott Morrison and Jacinta Ardern are leaders who have brought the country together through a cohesive plan and direction, the US has not. The US has led a disjointed and partisan strategy to combat the virus, with no leader at the helm to endorse and support things like mask mandates.

I deny people the right to put forth unsubstantiated views.

No I shouldnt have. We are on a political forum. Given the context, you should not be asking facebook level questions about common knowledge ubiqutious political topics that have been discussed here for months.
Call it what you will, it was not a shutdown. Thousands of Americans came back into the country from china. Even more came from south east asia and europe. So it was not a shutdown, and we have no idea how many people came into the country that were positive, spreading it in the airports.

Don't worry, acknowleging the virus, or taking precautions (Masks and such) will be illegal after the election rigging is done with.

Call it what you will, it was not a shutdown. Thousands of Americans came back into the country from china. Even more came from south east asia and europe. So it was not a shutdown, and we have no idea how many people came into the country that were positive, spreading it in the airports.
wow you must be really angry at China.

So the various leaders of COVID-19 task force and various agencies are before the Senate today in hearing.

When Redfield was asked if the Airborne transmission guidance that was taken down was accurate he stated that it is accurate based on the evidence.

When asked why it was taken down he responded that it was a draft that had not gone through a full review. So it was accurate but had not gone through a full review?? Meaning what Dr Redfield, that it had not been rung the washer, rinsed and spun dry? Is he the head of that agency or is he NOT! Sounds like a shell game to me.

Redfield further went on to comment about the various guidance modifications CDC has gone through regarding testing. He did admit that the first releases were confusing and he took responsibility for that. However he went on to say that the error he made was in attempting to elicit a "public heath response". Are you saying that you can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time? You can't release guidance you believe in and elicit a public health response too?

Redfield also said in effect that he really didn't care what people thought of the guidance he released. That was not his concern. Clearly Redfield is feeling the heat.

Redfield should resign in embarrassment. He is not performing a function for those that pay his salary, the American People.

Hahn for his part should be FIRED for incompetence having made the bush league statistician mistake of bush league statistician mistakes in his analysis of Convalescent Plasma.

Fauci did distinguish himself by taking Rand Paul and stuffing him into an empty Campbell's Tomato Soup can. Actually I would prefer that he had stuffed Paul into a full tomato soup can. But I will take what I can get.

wow you must be really angry at China.
The "wet markets" in china are a cultural thing going back long before there was a US. They need to work on their food safety, but it's pretty hard when people eat just about everything and it's harder to regulate those markets than it is to regulate farmer's markets here. (there are no inspectors, eat at your own risk)
I'm guess I'm about as mad at China as I am at college kids for still going on spring break, knowing the risk, but not caring. But just another "cultural thing". What are you gonna do. Freedumb!

The "wet markets" in china are a cultural thing going back long before there was a US. They need to work on their food safety, but it's pretty hard when people eat just about everything and it's harder to regulate those markets than it is to regulate farmer's markets here. (there are no inspectors, eat at your own risk)
I'm guess I'm about as mad at China as I am at college kids for still going on spring break, knowing the risk, but not caring. But just another "cultural thing". What are you gonna do. Freedumb!
So you are only as mad at china...a nation that just killed 200000 Americans as you are at spring break college kids. Thats going to be great on election day.

Back
Top Bottom