• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC reverses guidance on airborne transmission of COVID-19

CDC is removing the guidance warning the public about airborne transmission of the COVID-19 virus just days after having posted it when there is absolutely NOTHING to contest airborne transmission and hasn't been anything since first discovered months ago.

Redfield and nobody in Atlanta at CDC any longer has control of their own web site as the Trump Political Hacks at HHS now control the site. I owe Redfield an apology. I thought he was posting changes to CDC guidance and then trying to walk them back in the press. It was actually card carrying idiot Michael Caputo posting nonsense and Redfield trying to clean it up the only way he could.

The GOP and Trump simply do not care how many Americans they kill nor what else they do as long as they rule over what Americans are left, It could not be any more plain.
That's all true but Redfield, unlike Fauci at NIH, is weak and malleable under political pressure. He's the reason that these CDC directives have been so muddled and contradictory. He's allowed the political schmucks in HHS to screw up the messaging and create confusion in the minds of citizens who're trying to pay attention. That's not a bug but a feature of this administration's efforts to deflect away from Dirtbag Donnie's weakness and massive failure of leadership.

Last edited:
Though there are many of them, Trump's COVID response and his continued fight against science and scientists and allegiance to the virus itself is one of the best examples of Trump's massive ignorance and narcissism. He just does not care how many Americans he kills, is so narcissistic that he simply does not acknowledge how many he is killing.

and many of his supporters do not care about all the extra deaths either. we'll know how many in November.

ps: why isn't everyone comparing the number of COVID deaths with all our wars?? for example, the total number of American deaths in 'Nam was ~ 58,000. COVID is gonna be 300,000 in the coming months.

How does one respond to a moronic post like that and keep his dignity?

How does one keep the airborne virus away? I am all eyes and ears. Before you post something equally stupid, masks we wear CANNOT filter the virus. It's too *****ing small!!!!

And then your eyes....Are your eyes covered? I didn't think so.

Boy, you sure know how to post a moronic post while accusing someone else of doing it... Classic Trumpster I guess.

For 1000th time, masks work to LIMIT (not eliminate) transmissions because the small virus likes to travel on sometimes very large droplets which get stuck on the mask when you exhale or speak.

That's how masks protect eyes (and mouths and nose and ears) of others - they don't let the virus escape nearly as well.

(Surgical / good cloth) masks do not protect the WEARER. They protect OTHERs from the WEARER.

That's all true but Redfield, unlike Fauci, is weak and malleable under political pressure. He's the reason that these CDC directives have been so muddled and contradictory. He's allowed the political schmucks in HHS to screw up the messaging and create confusion in the minds of citizens who're trying to pay attention. That's not a bug but a feature of this administration's efforts to deflect away from Dirtbag Donnie's weakness and massive failure of leadership.

True enough. The one guy of the Science based agencies that should have flat resigned is Redfield IMO. He is the one guy doing less good on the inside than he would have in resigning. HHS taking over the CDC web site should have been the last straw for Redfield. Hahn should just be fired for incompetence. Azar is a jerk.

Nice try. Masks work to slow the spread particularly of a proven airborne virus. "Mask Mandates" are am entirely different topic oe if which there are several threads you can go ejaculate into.
LOL. Most mask mandates haven't worked. Things have gotten worse during mask mandates. Your only argument is, "But imagine what it would be like if we didn't have a mask mandate".

LOL. Most mask mandates haven't worked. Things have gotten worse during mask mandates. Your only argument is, "But imagine what it would be like if we didn't have a mask mandate".

You still don't get it. Masks DO limit the transmission of COVID and all sorts of other airborne viruses. Mask Mandates are an entirely different topic for which there are many threads for you to ejaculate into or fart in or vomit into.

If Trump had adopted a mask policy, would that have been

1. politically positive for him?
2. scientifically and medically the correct the thing to do?
1. I honestly have no idea what kind of political rewards or backlash Trump would of gotten. Based on the past 3 years whatever his choice was he would of been criticized from the opposition.

2. I would of preferred Trump recommend people start wearing the minimally effective cloth mask sooner. I also believe the N95 masks and those offering the highest levels of protection needed to be prioritized to go to hospitals, doctors, police and other front line personnel first. Then those of us who are essential employees should of had access to them, and the once those positions were properly stocked then everyone else could have at them.

You still don't get it. Masks DO limit the transmission of COVID and all sorts of other airborne viruses. Mask Mandates are an entirely different topic for which there are many threads for you to ejaculate into or fart in or vomit into.
I do get it. What you don't get is that too many people aren't going to follow a mask mandate. They don't for Trump, they won't for Biden, and they aren't for Newsome. And, I say over and over and over again that if someone doesn't want Covid then they should wear a mask. That's what I do. But, masks don't work if not enough people wear them and that is always going to be the case. Liberals pee all over themselves thinking that if you have a mask mandate, everyone will just follow it. They won't. Just saying that masks work is like saying laws against murder work.

1. I honestly have no idea what kind of political rewards or backlash Trump would of gotten. Based on the past 3 years whatever his choice was he would of been criticized from the opposition.

Do you think criticizing Trump for adopting a universally and scientifically recognized practice would have been taking seriously? And if so, what past examples do you have to support that theory?

2. I would of preferred Trump recommend people start wearing the minimally effective cloth mask sooner. I also believe the N95 masks and those offering the highest levels of protection needed to be prioritized to go to hospitals, doctors, police and other front line personnel first. Then those of us who are essential employees should of had access to them, and the once those positions were properly stocked then everyone else could have at them.

Yes, this is the obvious and reasonable position to take. And to this day, Trump will not take that obvious and reasonable position.

I do get it. What you don't get is that too many people aren't going to follow a mask mandate. They don't for Trump, they won't for Biden, and they aren't for Newsome. And, I say over and over and over again that if someone doesn't want Covid then they should wear a mask. That's what I do. But, masks don't work if not enough people wear them and that is always going to be the case. Liberals pee all over themselves thinking that if you have a mask mandate, everyone will just follow it. They won't. Just saying that masks work is like saying laws against murder work.

I entirely get it. There are too many STUPID IGNORANT NITWITS in this country, most of them idiot Trumpsters that have decided based on comments from their cult leader to make mask wearing a political issue. Does not change the fact that Mask Mandates are an entirely separate topic from the topic of the effectiveness of wearing a mask.

CDC is removing the guidance warning the public about airborne transmission of the COVID-19 virus just days after having posted it when there is absolutely NOTHING to contest airborne transmission and hasn't been anything since first discovered months ago.

Redfield and nobody in Atlanta at CDC any longer has control of their own web site as the Trump Political Hacks at HHS now control the site. I owe Redfield an apology. I thought he was posting changes to CDC guidance and then trying to walk them back in the press. It was actually card carrying idiot Michael Caputo posting nonsense and Redfield trying to clean it up the only way he could.

The GOP and Trump simply do not care how many Americans they kill nor what else they do as long as they rule over what Americans are left, It could not be any more plain.
You started this thread without a link to verify what you were saying so I went to the CDC website. On the website there is a well defined link to click on that takes you to all they recommend about masks. The importance of wearing one, how to wear one and what type they recommend. So my question to you is what are you trying to stir up here?

here is the link

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-to-wear-cloth-face-coverings.html

Trump would have gotten about the amount of criticism he deserved based on his ability to deliver a constant, competently delivered, credible message, something he has shown next to no ability to accomplish. ERGO, the responsibility for the amount of criticism he would have taken would have been on him as it should have been.

Actually, Trump should have recommended wearing surgical masks sooner as they are more effective than many of the cloth masks which in some cases are not much more than fashion statements. Remember, the mask's primary function is to protect your neighbor and your neighbor's mask protects you. This is particularly true if both are at least wearing surgical masks. The N95 is almost impossible to buy by the public even now. You can buy KN95 masks which if properly made and properly tested can be just about as effective as you can get. Not sure an actual N95 really offers that much benefit to the general public.

I am an acute adult asthma sufferer. I am in that 1% category for which asthma can actually kill me. As such even under medication my lung function is to some extent reduced. I can only breath without laboring in an N95 for about an hour straight. I can breath without laboring in a KN95 for about two hours straight. Can breath in a surgical mask literally all day long without laboring. So I wear a KN95 and keep a surgical mask in my pocket in case I have to switch at some point.

Last edited:
You started this thread without a link to verify what you were saying so I went to the CDC website. On the website there is a well defined link to click on that takes you to all they recommend about masks. The importance of wearing one, how to wear one and what type they recommend. So my question to you is what are you trying to stir up here?

here is the link

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-to-wear-cloth-face-coverings.html

You don't get it. The CDC is removing its statement of 3 days ago that COVID is airborne (aerosol) which is the true justification for wearing a mask. Droplets, are justification for distancing in the main. Aerosol transmission is justification for masking up in the main. Though in reality, masking should provide a measure of protection from both droplets and aerosol transmission whereas distancing by the standard 6' is only to some degree effective against droplets.

I entirely get it. There are too many STUPID IGNORANT NITWITS in this country, most of them idiot Trumpsters that have decided based on comments from their cult leader to make mask wearing a political issue. Does not change the fact that Mask Mandates are an entirely separate topic from the topic of the effectiveness of wearing a mask.
Most of the idiots are the young progressive liberals. If you just look at the facts, it is those under the age of 30 who are the biggest offenders fueling the surge and getting Covid. These people are not Trump supporters. They are on YOUR side.

Most of the idiots are the young progressive liberals. If you just look at the facts, it is those under the age of 30 who are the biggest offenders fueling the surge and getting Covid. These people are not Trump supporters. They are on YOUR side.

Yet another good reason for Bozo the President to stop sending mixed messages about masking up. In fact, if the administration did not have its head stuck so far up its re-election ass, it would have allowed the USPS to send out free masks as it had intended and it would be giving young people free masks as they are most often short of cash.

But NOOOOO.....this President would prefer to kill Americans and he is doing an outstanding job in that regard.

Worth noting that there are just south of 20M students attending college in the US in 2020. That includes foreign born students more likely to mask up. THEY ARE SMARTER than Trumpets by and large. There are about 60M Trump supporters within the Electorate. So it would seem more than a stretch to blame college aged students who don't mask up for the phenomenon. How many of those kids are influenced by Trump supporting parents for example?

Yet another good reason for Bozo the President to stop sending mixed messages about masking up. In fact, if the administration did not have its head stuck so far up its re-election ass, it would have allowed the USPS to send out free masks as it had intended and it would be giving young people free masks as they are most often short of cash.

But NOOOOO.....this President would prefer to kill Americans and he is doing an outstanding job in that regard.
These young liberal idiots aren't listening to Newsome. They aren't going to listen to Trump and they aren't going to listen to Biden either. That's what you don't get. They're invincible. They want to go to parties. They want to go to the beach. They want to go to bars. They want to go to protests. They don't want to wear masks and they don't want to hear their leaders tell them there are mask mandates. That's what you don't understand. Even though they don't listen to Newsome somehow you think they would listen to either a president Trump or a president Biden. They won't.

These young liberal idiots aren't listening to Newsome. They aren't going to listen to Trump and they aren't going to listen to Biden either. That's what you don't get. They're invincible. They want to go to parties. They want to go to the beach. They want to go to bars. They want to go to protests. They don't want to wear masks and they don't want to hear their leaders tell them there are mask mandates. That's what you don't understand. Even though they don't listen to Newsome somehow you think they would listen to either a president Trump or a president Biden. They won't.

And there are not nearly as many "young liberal idiots" not masking up as there are IDIOT TRUMPETS listening to Donald and not masking up. You are dealing in false equivalency AGAIN.

You want to call the Sturgis idiots young people? Good luck with that. There are simply not nearly as many young people not masking as there are Trumpets not masking. Its not even close.

There are only 30M 18-24 year olds in the entire country. Compare that to 60M Trumpets being goaded by Der Leader not to mask up. You have got to be kidding!

Last edited:
I would disagree. The state of politics has become so toxic if Trump had been pro mask there would of been prominent Democrats desputing the effectiveness of masks out of political spite.

The evidence refutes what you say. Dems early on were advising Trump and the WH on the dangers of the pandemic and were very much response oriented to begin with. The Obama pandemic response team playbook, which the Trump WH eschewed and ignored the teams meeting advice, incl the use of face mask. You couldn't be more wrong.

Could you provide a link to that statement?

And there are not nearly as many "young liberal idiots" not masking up as there are IDIOT TRUMPETS listening to Donald and not masking up. You are dealing in false equivalency AGAIN.

You want to call the Sturgis idiots young people? Good luck with that. There are simply not nearly as many young people not masking as there are Trumpets not masking. Its not even close.

There are only 30M 18-24 year olds in the entire country. Compare that to 60M Trumpets being goaded by Der Leader not to mask up. You have got to be kidding!
That's just a flat out lie. You guys like to deal in facts. The facts show that the huge majority of newly diagnosed Covid cases are under the age of 30 and a whole, whole lot of them are college kids. These people are not Trump supporters. You spent all of these months bragging that the young are going to take over the world and the Republican party is dead and yet when the facts show that the virus surge is fueled by those under 30, all of a sudden you call these people Trump supporters. Please make up your mind.

Could you provide a link to that statement?

Its gone from the CDC web site. A media site might still have it posted. Try a search for CDC guidance regarding airborne transmission of COVID virus. That might turn it up.

That's just a flat out lie. You guys like to deal in facts. The facts show that the huge majority of newly diagnosed Covid cases are under the age of 30 and a whole, whole lot of them are college kids. These people are not Trump supporters.

Which has nothing to do with who is or who is not masked up. There is nobody keeping accurate numbers of who is not masked up. However, the State of Kansas backed into its own case study a few months ago when its governor issued a mask mandate. Some counties complied, some did not providing both a study group and a control group. The masked up study group suffered far fewer cases than the control group suffered and Kansas Heath even posted up a graph of the results.

It might still be available at State of Kansas web site.

Every American instruction is being corrupted as need by Trump and still the deplorable people that support him will not budge.

These are some sick sick times in America.

Back
Top Bottom