• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC recent data: lots of good information

Bullseye

All Lives Matter or No Lives Matter
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This is the latest CD data dump - for those whose interest goes beyond spouting "Trump murdered 180,000" this page and its links are a treasure trove

One of the interesting tidbits I came across:

Comorbidities

Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups. For data on comorbidities,

And then there's this (yes it's Townhall, but it links to NYT) Looks like some tests detect the virus at levels so low so as to not be significant.

According to The New York Times, potentially 90 percent of those who have tested positive for COVID-19 have such insignificant amounts of the virus present in their bodies that such individuals do not need to isolate nor are they candidates for contact tracing. Leading public health experts are now concerned that overtesting is responsible for misdiagnosing a huge number of people with harmless amounts of the virus in their systems.

"Most of these people are not likely to be contagious, and identifying them may contribute to bottlenecks that prevent those who are contagious from being found in time," warns The Times.

180k dead. 200k - 300k predicted by election day.

Idiot Trump cultists: a lot of them had been diagnosed with diabetes or old age prior to catching covid then immediately dying, so it doesn't count!!

Pathetic attempt rejected.

Idiot Trump cultists: a lot of them had been diagnosed with diabetes or old age prior to catching covid then immediately dying, so it doesn't count!!

Pathetic attempt rejected.

gotta admit, the russian to english translation was excellent

No facts ring truer than actual deaths.

I keep hearing about partial China bans as though that wasn’t 7 months and 100’s of 1000’s dead ago.

Basically Republicans think Trump should get pandemic participation trophy for only killing 200k Americans with a preventable pandemic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the latest CD data dump - for those whose interest goes beyond spouting "Trump murdered 180,000" this page and its links are a treasure trove

And then there's this (yes it's Townhall, but it links to NYT) Looks like some tests detect the virus at levels so low so as to not be significant.

Many who died from the flu were older, had diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, etc. but because they caught the flu and that cased their death.

The Covid 19 deaths are no exception.

Many older people with diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure , etc conditions would have lived several Years longer if they had gotten the flu or had not gotten Covid 19.

Many who died from the flu were older, had diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, etc. but because they caught the flu and that cased their death.

Many older people with diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure , etc conditions would have lived several Years longer if they had gotten the flu or had not gotten Covid 19.
This country has turned into a movie, The Hunger Games. People are justifying the deaths of people that are elderly or have co-morbidities despite the fact those people include 10 year olds, 14 year olds, infants. It doesn't matter their age as long as the right can say 'well that's okay they were vulnerable anyway'. That's the most humanly absurd excuse for deaths as anyone has ever heard.

Good point; had those people not been wantonly exposed to the virus under order of the government they likely WOULD have continued to live.

Feel free to totally ignore

20-08-30 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID.jpg

20-08-30 A3 - Comparison of Ratios.jpg

20-08-30 B1 - COVID vs Other Causes.jpg

20-08-30 B3 - Death by Ability to Pay.jpg

AND

20-08-30 C3 - 10 Day Average of Averages.jpg

if doing so helps you ignore the fact that thousands are dying every week (the daily death toll appears to have stabilized at between 1,040 and 1,060 per day in the US).

BTW, the fact that tests are detecting COVID-19 at "below clinically significant levels" should indicate to you that the actual mortality rate from the clinically significant cases is "slightly" higher than the "official" 3.04% and a whole lot closer to the 5.20% for "closed" cases.

PS - I presume that the CDC data did not disclose that a lot of those who died from COVID-19 are only "mostly dead".

and so shouldn't be counted as "really dead".

Good point; had those people not been wantonly exposed to the virus under order of the CHINESE government they likely WOULD have continued to live.

Fixed that for you.

Good point; had those people not been wantonly exposed to the virus under order of the government they likely WOULD have continued to live.

Why do you accuse the government of exposing them?

The virus is not political.

In the case of Michigan the first two cases were discovered right after Michigan’s Presidential Primary ( Tuesday March 8 ) so you want to blame the government that millions of people may have been exposed in the primary when Michigan was not aware until 2 days after the primary (on Thursaday evening March 10 ) our Governor declared a state of emergency.

You are reaching for straws.

Last edited:
Why do you accuse the government of exposing them?

The virus is not political.
No, it's not. But the people taking actions ARE political. Governors, mayors, other elected and appointed officials, e.g the government, made the decisions, and some of them are extremely bad.
minnie16 said:

In the case of Michigan the first two cases were discovered right after Michigan’s Presidential Primary ( Tuesday March 8 ) so you want to blame the government that millions of people may have been exposed in the primary when Michigan was not aware until 2 days after the primary (on Thursaday evening March 10 ) our Governor declared a state of emergency.

You are reaching for straws.
I think you're missing the point. See my first comment.

Fixed that for you.
If you don't have the words to express yourself, leave my along. Altering someone else's post is about the lowest thing you can do he.

Feel free to totally ignore

if doing so helps you ignore the fact that thousands are dying every week (the daily death toll appears to have stabilized at between 1,040 and 1,060 per day in the US).

BTW, the fact that tests are detecting COVID-19 at "below clinically significant levels" should indicate to you that the actual mortality rate from the clinically significant cases is "slightly" higher than the "official" 3.04% and a whole lot closer to the 5.20% for "closed" cases.

PS - I presume that the CDC data did not disclose that a lot of those who died from COVID-19 are only "mostly dead".

and so shouldn't be counted as "really dead".
Pretty colors, meaningless spreadsheets, vapid points. As usual.

Just how many Americans have those underlying conditions.

Do you?

Someone in your family?

Do we.just write them off?

Seems like the deplorables are just.looking for an excuse for Trump's inaction.

If you don't have the words to express yourself, leave my along. Altering someone else's post is about the lowest thing you can do he.

There's no harm done when you're acknowledging that it's your own interpretation, which is what "fixed that for you" means. I seen a lot more scurrilous things, even on messboards.

There's no harm done when you're acknowledging that it's your own interpretation, which is what "fixed that for you" means. I seen a lot more scurrilous things, even on messboards.
It's a violation on most forums.

No, it's not. But the people taking actions ARE political. Governors, mayors, other elected and appointed officials, e.g the government, made the decisions, and some of them are extremely bad.
I think you're missing the point. See my first comment.

COVID-19 is a virus don’t make a political.

The CDC is bit another great American institution that has been corrupted by Trump.

The CDC is bit another great American institution that has been corrupted by Trump.
As I said in the OP I started this thread for people more interested in the data and facts around COVID rather than those more into "Trump! :twisted:" That would be you.

As I said in the OP I started this thread for people more interested in the data and facts around COVID rather than those more into "Trump! :twisted:" That would be you.

Fact, teh CDC has been undermined as an honest institution by Trump. Fact.

Back
Top Bottom