• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC mask mandate for travelers struck down by federal judge

You think it's a bad decision because of the effects or because of faulty legal reasoning? The effects have nothing to do with the law, and point out the legal flaws in the opinion if you think it has any.

Did the CDC follow the notice and rulemaking process when they issued the title 42 order for the border?

Depends on the airline.

Most, if not all, will probably want to maintain the mandate.
Do you have evidence for this claim? All statements I've seen by an airline representative indicate a strong desire to get rid of it.

Did the CDC follow the notice and rulemaking process when they issued the title 42 order for the border?
I've no idea. I don't know what that unrelated issue is supposed to show one way or the other regarding this issue.

You think it's a bad decision because of the effects or because of faulty legal reasoning? The effects have nothing to do with the law, and point out the legal flaws in the opinion if you think it has any.
The Judge is a God Damn idiot. Judges sometimes twist the logic-of-Laws for the common good. Happens all the time.

"Activist" in defense of the constitution is no vice...

Executive branch has to stay in it's constitutional lane.
Sure.

Sometimes I like to be lazy and debate like a Trump supporter.

I see why they have their cadre of canned responses; it makes for easy debate.

I think now I am supposed to criticize who appointed the judge? Hope I didn't post my rebuttals out of order.

"Because our system does not permit agencies to act unlawfully even in the pursuit of desirable ends"
I agree wholeheartedly with the judges premise. Our system does not allow for unlawful acts just because we like the desired outcome. Some on the right only like this premise when it suits them. In other cases they are supportive of unlawful acts that speak to their agenda.

Seems funny it took this long for a judge to decide this.
Kind of makes me wonder why it wasn't stopped two years ago?

LMAO... Hate to break the news, but you will be complying with the laws and mandates of the country in Europe where you are landing, not just the US....
You made me check.
We are quadruple vaccinated and there no restrictions.
If you know something different I would like to know.

Seems funny it took this long for a judge to decide this.
Kind of makes me wonder why it wasn't stopped two years ago?
It's only been place a little over a year - since senile Joey took office.

No no no, qualifications only matter if Biden makes the appointment. And even then, it's not so much "qualified" as much as it is "is she the most qualified"?
Qualified to Biden means - the right color, gender, and political ideology.
What else matters? And she didn't even have to know how to define what a woman is.
I wonder how Biden knew she was a woman. Did one of his advisors tell him?

Easy peasy nomination and approval.

Qualified to Biden means - the right color, gender, and political ideology.
What else matters? And she didn't even have to know how to define what a woman is.
I wonder how Biden knew she was a woman. Did one of his advisors tell him?

Easy peasy nomination and approval.
Yes, yes, we know your side didn't want a black woman on the Court. That's already known.

I forgot that! Thx
Further, they folks suing on it, only brought their case in July. So it was actually pretty quick.

I've no idea. I don't know what that unrelated issue is supposed to show one way or the other regarding this issue.

I'll help you answer... Unrelated? By what authority did the CCD issue the title 42 mandate?

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 4.07.45 PM.png

You made me check.
We are quadruple vaccinated and there no restrictions.
If you know something different I would like to know.

You should check with the airline, the Dutch still require masks in airports and on planes...

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 5.57.30 PM.png

Further, they folks suing on it, only brought their case in July. So it was actually pretty quick.
Our court system is slow as molasses.

Naturally, the folks suing are/is FLORIDA, the state committed to spreading Covid far and wide.

Our court system is slow as molasses.

Naturally, the folks suing are/is FLORIDA, the state committed to spreading Covid far and wide.
Florida should focus on understanding math.

Is he a dementia riddled, senil old man or a jack-booted tyrant?

I get confused. Next it will be one way train rides……..
And is Hunter a bubbling crack addict or international criminal mastermind?

I'll help you answer... Unrelated? By what authority did the CCD issue the title 42 mandate?

View attachment 67386270
Yes, unrelated. I didn't notice anything in the opinion about the border. Feel free to drop a cite here if I missed it.

The new Variant of Covid is spreading among many countries, Japan, China and many others. I think it's a bad decision.
You know, those types of Variants don't get from Japan or wherever by walking across the oceans. They kinda' need help. :(
I will continue to live my life, including travel, wearing a mask when i feel its appropriate.

I don't need the goverment to tell me common sense. Anyone who applauds this judges decision deserves covid.

Back
Top Bottom