• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC just messed up, big time.

IMO at this point, few people are wearing masks unless they feel like it...or to protect themselves.

I have been posting the Israeli data that persons vaccinated with the high efficacy rate Pfizer vaccine do not transmit the Covid virus to others.

Some were doubtful , but I was confident by summer the CDC would lift the mask recommendations for those who are vaccinated.

I think we should make this as overly political of a move as humanly possible, add in some wild speculation, and chalk the whole thing up to a conspiracy theory worthy of the highest ranks along side Area 54 and the moon landings shot somewhere in Arizona.

Clearly there are extremes on both sides of this issue.

On one side, you had people urging everyone to wear lifesaving masks and socially distance.

On the other side, you had militant maskholes who did not give a flying **** about other people's wellbeing.

Both sides are not the same.

"The rule is now simple: get vaccinated or wear a mask until you do.

The choice is yours"

Unfortunately there is a third choice....don't get a vaccine and don't wear a mask. I am very sure that those who aren't going to get the vaccine are also not wearing masks and that is not about to change.

"The rule is now simple: get vaccinated or wear a mask until you do.

The choice is yours"

Unfortunately there is a third choice....don't get a vaccine and don't wear a mask. I am very sure that those who aren't going to get the vaccine are also not wearing masks and that is not about to change.
I personally know over a dozen unvaccinated people who use homemade fake covid vaccine cards. The CDC isn't changing anyone's behavior here, only bringing to your attention what people were already doing. I'm glad you're finally awake.

IMO at this point, few people are wearing masks unless they feel like it...or to protect themselves.
Really? Here everyone is still wearing masks....you can't enter anyplace without one.

I agree its probably too early for this because of liars and selfish people but my guess is many places will still have a mask policy for quite some time. doesn't matter what the CDC says in in this general regard if businesses etc still require it.

For example, there was already an email sent out at my work addressing this and currently, my work is changing zero policies. Masks are still needed for all.
I believe the CDC said that local regulations were still to be observed

The CDC just dropped the recommendation for masks for fully vaccinated people except in healthcare situations.

This is a disaster as this makes the ridiculous assumption that people are honest and will not claim to vaccinated just to not wear a mask.

Without vaccination requirements this is going to keep the spread of Covid robust.

Very disturbing.
Medical leadership lying to us to manipulate people has done far more damage than failing to do so. Institutions burn through their credibility at their peril.

Medical leadership lying to us to manipulate people has done far more damage than failing to do so. Institutions burn through their credibility at their peril.

I did not request any crazy land TRumpist propaganda but thanks for the contribution anyway.

The New York Yankees had 7 members of the team, all vaccinated, come down with Covid within the last two days.
Think about that. Out of about 50 players, coaches and staff, all vaccinated, 7.

And we ae gonna take off mask?

This is insanity. Makes should be in place till we hit 85% of the population vaccination.
They all took the J&J vaccine which is less effective at transmission but 6 had no symptoms. Not sure about the 7th. Playing and getting smoked by Tampa this evening. Always look at the bright side.

I like it. I am fully vaccinated and so is everyone in my family.

I watched faux at lunch. The commentators, even some propaganda doc., was saying no mask or social distancing any more. They left out the part of the CDC statement about the fully vaccinated. They were talking about herd immunity again.

I say let the unvaccinated deplorables infect themselves all they want. If your politics or you are just too stupid to get vaccinated and you want to run around unmasked have at it. The world will be a better place with fewer deplorables.

Do you advocate people must show their vaccination cards ?

Digital Passport, not card. I advocate that.

All reasoned, prudent people do.

No, America does not love Fauci precisely for his talking out of both sides of his paid pie hole.
I think much of America does. Certainly more than the malignant narcissist scumbag POS grifter and seditionist.

I did not request any crazy land TRumpist propaganda but thanks for the contribution anyway.
🤷‍♂️ I'm no Trump fan, and that's no propaganda. What you are suggesting they do (lie to try to manipulate people), they've already done. The result was that, when that broke, people stopped paying attention to all the TRUE things that were being said "because they're just lying". Long term, your strategy is more damaging.

They all took the J&J vaccine which is less effective at transmission but 6 had no symptoms. Not sure about the 7th. Playing and getting smoked by Tampa this evening. Always look at the bright side.

8 now. 7th had symptoms, I don't know about the 8th.

Our grocery store already has someone at the door, so why not?
Personally I think having to present my card is much more intrusive than simply wearing a mask inside the store.

(lie to try to manipulate people),

Please tell me what is the conspiracy theory you have for the CDC wanting to "lie to try to manipulate people" ?

When what happened? What broke?

Let's hear the entire conspiracy.

Back
Top Bottom