• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CCW shoots 2 carjackers [W:284]

Goshin

Burned Out Ex-Mod
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Just a little counter-example against all the horse crap that will no doubt be spewed in wake of the Navy yard shooting....

A Houston area resident, with a concealed weapons permit was using the Red Box DVD Kiosk outside of an area McDonald’ last week.
The man was then approached by two men, identified as Melvin Frederick Austin and Elijah Alexander Mims.
Both men were armed with handguns and demanded the man’s car keys and cell phone.
According to KVUE, As the suspects entered the man’s car, he drew his concealed handgun and opened fire through the driver’s side window and front windshield.
One of the suspects was struck and died at the scene.

Concealed Carrier in Texas Shoots Two Car Jackers, Kills One

Re: CCW shoots 2 carjackers

Has Feinstein rendered an opinion on this? :wink2:

She's probably just jealous that he acted instead of commissioning a blue ribbon committee on how to best assess the car jacking situation.

CCW shoots 2 carjackers

She has her personal security to take care of her worthless self.

She does not give a **** about the rest of us scum.

Feinstein already HAS her CCW...Im sure if they got past her armed guards she would pop a cap in their ass.

I wish more people had CCW permits. I'm assuming there are qualifications to get the permit and those who legally carry are an asset to my safety. This was a very good example of QUALIFIED gun owners.

So...violence was initiated by two men with guns and ended with the death of one man. And you think this is a positive story for your cause?
I know, because it's such a bad day when the intended victim escapes uninjured and the perpetrators face consequences. I mean, had the intended victim not chosen to defend himself these two angels would be alive and free to make further great choices like armed robbery, maybe forcible rape(speculation), or they might just decide to whip someone's ass just for the hell of it and put them in the hospital, all good fun really.

So...violence was initiated by two men with guns and ended with the death of one man. And you think this is a positive story for your cause?

Yes, I do.

Oh Hell .... YES !

The hunter became the prey. Instant Karma

I don't think highly on capital punishment.... I do strongly believe though in this exact situation where my life is in peril; if I have the means to do so it is my DUTY to MANKIND to send those s.o.b.s to meet their maker in the most expeditious way possible.

Thom Paine

Last edited:

Yes it absolutely is. Had the good guy not been armed, what would have been the end result? Another innocent person either dead or victimized by criminals. In this case one of them at least will not be able to commit another crime. Score one for the forces of good.

Yup. Scumbag died; good guy lived. Call me simplistic, but that is a win in my book.

Yes it absolutely is. Had the good guy not been armed, what would have been the end result? Another innocent person either dead or victimized by criminals. In this case one of them at least will not be able to commit another crime. Score one for the forces of good.
Yeah, but according to "proper" logic they were deprived of their day in court and the opportunity to reform, society failed them afterall, not their decision making process. :roll:

Yup. Scumbag died; good guy lived. Call me simplistic, but that is a win in my book.

Saves a hell of a lot of money as well...

I know, because it's such a bad day when the intended victim escapes uninjured
He would have anyways, from the way it reads.

and the perpetrators face consequences.
If you think death is the appropriate punishment for attempted theft of property, then I guess we'll just have to disagree on that.

I mean, had the intended victim not chosen to defend himself these two angels would be alive and free to make further great choices like armed robbery, maybe forcible rape(speculation), or they might just decide to whip someone's ass just for the hell of it and put them in the hospital, all good fun really.
Or the victim could have called the police, had them arrested and jailed, served their time while the victim got his car and phone back. Now, which one seems more likely...hmm....
Yes, I do.
Interesting...

Some might look at this story and say, "well, if those two guys weren't able to so easily obtain a gun, then none of this would have been likely to happen".

Oh Hell .... YES !

The hunter became the prey. Instant Karma

Thom Paine
The lack of concern of human life by the pro gun crowd never ceases to amaze me.
Yes it absolutely is. Had the good guy not been armed, what would have been the end result?
He would have called the police, they would have found them and arrested them and given the victim's possessions back to him?
You people have a strange sense of good news. Usually I think violence initiated by firearms (the perps' I'm referring to) which later results in someone being killed is not good news, but I guess we're all different.

steviewonder.jpg

Your cute little response was worded very conveeeeeeeeniently, wasnt it? Two violent thugs armed with a weapon they possessed and used illegally were shot, one of them killed, by an armed law abiding citizen carrying legally. And YOU think that is a NEGATIVE argument for private citizens ownership and use of firearms.

He would have anyways, from the way it reads.

If you think death is the appropriate punishment for loss of property, then I guess we'll just have to disagree on that.
You don't get to disagree. Many carjackings end in witness elimination. The idiots who decided to attempt a carjacking didn't get to make the final decision. And guess what, my property is something I have purchased, it's something I've earned, so you know what **** anyone who will try to take it by force.

Or the victim could have called the police, had them arrested and jailed, served their time while the victim got his car and phone back. Now, which one seems more likely...hmm....

Interesting...
Yeah, while an armed attacker was in immediate range, real ****ing good idea. :roll:

Some might look at this story and say, "well, if those two guys weren't able to so easily obtain a gun, then none of this would have been likely to happen".
And those people would be fools. If they are willing to take a person's car at gunpoint, they don't care how illegal they have to go to get a gun. This is what happens when one doesn't understand the subject matter, they make statements that are both false and easily beaten.

The lack of concern of human life by the pro gun crowd never ceases to amaze me.
The lack of sense in thinking that a criminal getting himself killed is of equal value to the person they would have harmed never ceases to amaze me.
He would have called the police, they would have found them and arrested them and given the victim's possessions back to him?
Yeah, because a criminal is really going to stop an attack because police are on the phone. :roll:

Yeah, but according to "proper" logic they were deprived of their day in court and the opportunity to reform, society failed them afterall, not their decision making process. :roll:

No, one of the suspects lived. His record goes back to 1999, and he and his friends are apparently not ate up with bright. He was shot in the back (obviously not life-threatening), but rather seek treatment in Houston, he had a bud drive him back to his hometown hospital. Where the cops were waiting. He'll have his day in court. :mrgreen:

B.S. I not only have regard for my life over he who would take my life I also highly regard the lives of all those who might meet similar fate should I not take action at that moment.

Thom Paine

No, one of the suspects lived. His record goes back to 1999, and he and his friends are apparently not ate up with bright. He was shot in the back (obviously not life-threatening), but rather seek treatment in Houston, he had a bud drive him back to his hometown hospital. Where the cops were waiting. He'll have his day in court. :mrgreen:
True, but then he was deprived of the right not to be shot apparently, either that or his right to take whatever he wants from citizens without consequence because apparently self defense to some people is wrong if the perp gets shot.

Your cute little response was worded very conveeeeeeeeniently, wasnt it?
No, it was worded truthfully. Was the violence NOT initiated at the end of a gun barrel? It was. Was someone killed by a gun? They were.

Two violent thugs armed with a weapon they possessed and used illegally
Exactly. They possessed a weapon for inappropriate reasons. Shouldn't that be a sign we need to do a better job of preventing these type of people from so easily having a weapon?

And YOU think that is a NEGATIVE argument for private citizens ownership and use of firearms.
Was the victim's life in danger? I didn't read the article, but my suspicion is that it wasn't, considering the criminals were already in the car. This whole incident started because of a gun.

I'm sorry, I don't see how the death of a human being by gun after a violent encounter was initiated by a gun is a story to be proud about.

Absolutely! Would you prefer that their attempted theft was successful?

Or? Your fantasy vs the facts?

Fact: They were taking his property.
Fact: They were a threat to his safety.
Fact: Police nowhere near.
Fact: Successfully defended himself and his property within the law.
Fact: Both were repeat offenders.

Unfortunately your utopian fantasy fails miserably in the face of facts.

Lack of concern for human life? It is the exact opposite. We want people to be able to protect themselves. You would rather them be victims. So who has a lack of concern??? Certainly not the pro gun crowed.

Well unless you can now tell the future, that is just a guess based on nothing. You don't know if they were going to harm him etc. I will take his actions over your... well... fantasy script any day.

You people have a strange sense of good news. Usually I think violence initiated by firearms (the perps' I'm referring to) which later results in someone being killed is not good news, but I guess we're all different.

It is good news, the good guys won.

Back
Top Bottom