• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS's controversial new Obama picture

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Exclusive: CBS Explains CBS/AP Photo of Half-White President Obama | Mediaite

half.jpg

Seems like a pretty stupid thing to do. Reminds me of the infamous OJ cover (TIME or Newsweek?) which they darkened for effect amd then were blasted for it. I guess memories are short in the editing biz.

Orion - does the Glen Beck show know you are available for writing?

If they really wanted it to look like a tear down the middle they could have done that. They could have just separated the halves and kept his face the same color on both sides.

Not a real well thought out decision by CBS. They could not be so dim as to not know it would generate an issue. If the goal was just to show a "divided country" as they state, there were a list of ways/options they could have used to accomplish that.

Photoshopping a black president to be white on half his face is an option that maybe belongs waaay further down on that list.....

I don't see where he's half white in this picture. He's still two shades of brown.

Well Obama is an oreo anyway so it's not exactly wrong.

They should of shown his entire body and him wearing a diaper since he is so thin skinned.

Well Obama is an oreo anyway so it's not exactly wrong.

Orion called Obama an, "oreo"! :rofl

One of the biggest, "yooze a racist", Liberals on the forum called Obama and oreo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!

Orion called Obama an, "oreo"! :rofl

One of the biggest, "yooze a racist", Liberals on the forum called Obama and oreo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!

There must have been an "All in the Family" marathon on Nick at Nite or something.

There must have been an "All in the Family" marathon on Nick at Nite or something.

Next time he watches the Jeffersons, he'll be calling Obama a, "zebra". :rofl

Orion, that was priceless! Thank you!!!!!

I don't see where he's half white in this picture. He's still two shades of brown.

They couldn't show him being too white. That would destroy the phony idea that Obama is the first African American president.

Seems like a pretty stupid thing to do. They should've known it would cause outrage. But not really racist, just a bit stupid. I figured it would be the usual suspects (e.g. Al Sharpton) bitching about it. It never even occurred to me before I read the article that the aggrieved party would be some right-wing activist group.

Obviously it's stupid to portray Obama as LITERALLY half-black and half-white. But to imply that the message is that all GOPers are white is a pretty big stretch IMO. That never even crossed my mind until I read their complaint.

Last edited:
:rofl:rofl:rofl

It's just politically incorrect, which most people seem unable to withstand. :)

No, by the Libbo standards, it's racist. You already know that anything short of, "African-American", is a racist term.

You better watch out, you're going to lose your super-secret-Liberal-decoder ring and they're going to change the password at the treehouse.

No, by the Libbo standards, it's racist. You already know that anything short of, "African-American", is a racist term.

You better watch out, you're going to lose your super-secret-Liberal-decoder ring and they're going to change the password at the treehouse.

Ain't NOBODY kickin' me out of the He-Man Woman Hater's Club.

draft_lens2210054module11893172photo_1223235237buckwheat-tn.jpg

But seriously, fun is fun. Racism is racism. Fun=good. Racism= bad.

I find that political incorrectness often turns over my giggle-box. But I mean nothing racist in my folly. No more than, say, Chris Rock does.

I love everyone. :cool:

Last edited:
Ain't NOBODY kickin' me out of the He-Man Woman Hater's Club.

draft_lens2210054module11893172photo_1223235237buckwheat-tn.jpg

But seriously, fun is fun. Racism is racism. Fun=good. Racism= bad.

I find that political incorrectness often turns over my giggle-box. But I mean nothing racist in my folly. No more than, say, Chris Rock does.

I love everyone. :cool:

I'm having fun holding Orion to the same standards that he holds everyone else to.

And yes, it's quite fun!

I wouldn't have seen it if it hadn't been pointed out.

Looks like much ado about nothing.

Maybe it's me and possibly the mood I'm in this morning (light-hearted), but this just struck me funny as hell.

Lost in all of this is the fact that the photo also diminishes the tangerine hue of presumptive House Speaker John Boehner. Is CBS prejudiced against badly-tanned people?

Back
Top Bottom