• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS2 NYC: "9/11 Families: Pelosi Has Lost Her Mind"

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Even liberal New Yorkers are starting to figure it out.

You can watch the video of the report at the CBS2 website.

9/11 Families: Pelosi Has Lost Her Mind
Speaker's Comments Infuriate Many; Archbishop Offers Help
August 18, 2010 10:04 PM

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — President Barack Obama said Wednesday he has “no regrets” about speaking out about the so-called ground zero mosque, but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may have some.

CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer reports she is being roundly attacked here for what some call “un-American” remarks about those opposing the mosque.

On Wednesday Pelosi became the latest politician embroiled in the ground zero mosque controversy with what can only be regarded as eye-popping remarks.

“There is no question that there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some and I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque being funded,” Pelosi said.

Families of the 9/11 tragedy immediately jumped all over the top House Democrat.

“I think it’s outrageous. She’s investigating 9/11 families whose sons were murdered on 9/11 rather than look at foreign entities that sponsor terrorism? I think she has her priorities mixed up and she’s lost her mind,” said Jim Riches, a former firefighter who lost his son in the World Trade Center attacks.

“They can look into all our funding. We’re regular families, regular citizens, like people who protested in 1776. We’re ordinary citizens and she’s coming out against us because we disagree with her.”

9/11 Families: Pelosi Has Lost Her Mind « CBS New York- News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY

Last edited:
Even liberal New Yorkers are starting to figure it out.

First off, I don't give a **** if these are "9/11 families" or not. They're Americans, and their opinions are no more or less valid than mine are. Their loss 9 years ago does not confer to them a special ****ing status.

Second, why is it that those who oppose the mosque think it's an appropriate question to sniff around in their business and violate their privacy and demand to know where their money is coming from, but somehow applying these same questions to the 9/11 inquisitors is immoral or insane or whatever?

I smell hypocrisy.

It smells a whole lot like duck butter.

We're discussing the comments of Nancy Pelosi and the reaction from the people of New York.

If you want to bash Glenn Beck, there are dozens of threads dedicated to that in the "Bias in the media" section of the forum.

We're discussing the comments of Nancy Pelosi and the reaction from the people of New York.

If you want to bash Glenn Beck, there are dozens of threads dedicated to that in the "Bias in the media" section of the forum.

Okay, well, were you planning on responding to my on-topic comments?

Okay, well, were you planning on responding to my on-topic comments?

There is nothing to discuss. You obviously see no difference between the possibility of terrorist organizations financing the mosque, and investigating American citizens that find the location of that mosque offensive.

Even though you obviously aren't capable of understanding, there is a difference between being a "global" citizen and an "American" citizen. This isn't the United States of Planet Earth, this is the United States of AMERICA.

Last edited:
There is nothing to discuss. You obviously see no difference between the possibility of terrorist organizations financing the mosque, and investigating American citizens that find the location of that mosque offensive.

Of course I don't, because in neither case is there any evidence which suggests wrongdoing or illegal activity, so putting one under the microscope is just as asinine as putting the other under ther microscope.

If you can't comment intelligently on that very simple fact, I totally understand. Please feel free to continue to ignore me! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom