• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS: Trump can beat Hillary...

Hillary may tell lies, but she is not lying when she tells you that she is the only Candidate with a program that will work.

Greetings. Exquisitor. :2wave:

That is very possible, because she has indicated that she will just continue BHO's programs. Whether or not that is true I don't know, because I don't know which programs she is referring to. If it's Obamacare, we have already been told that premiums will rise again in 2017, so who knows?

Greetings. Exquisitor. :2wave:

That is very possible, because she has indicated that she will just continue BHO's programs. Whether or not that is true I don't know, because I don't know which programs she is referring to. If it's Obamacare, we have already been told that premiums will rise again in 2017, so who knows?

The program she is referring to is the continental divide between the two parties.

It's like predicting a Super Bowl six months ahead of time. Anybody who crowns a winner now is foolish. anything can happen between now and the election. countries, economies, and enemies can rise and fall in six months. a mass shooting could hit(boosting hillary) or a terrorist attempt(boosting Trump). nobody can see into the future and predict this with any accuracy.

Why does anyone still put any faith into opinion polling? The polls have been way out time and time again during this primary season.

("The Democratic Party died with John F. Kennedy" - or mabye when his Hitler-admiring Daddy bought JFK the Presidency.)

reminder: trump isn't almost under indictment for lying to the FBI. so I'd keep those stones in your pocket, not throw them at others laughing boy.

There's no such thing as almost under indictment. What a crock.

Hate to break it to ya but if after 7 investigations and an 11 hour grilling and they don't have squat there is no squat.

I will say with no doubt whatsoever:

Donald Trump CAN BEAT HILLARY CLINTON.

Absolutely, positively...with no doubt whatsoever.

Tough stuff for an agnostic to write...but he absolutely CAN.

I seriously doubt he will...and if forced to bet, my bet would be a LANDSLIDE for Hillary Clinton...with much of the undercard going the Democratic Party's way.

So...big deal that CBS (or one of its commentators) is saying the obvious.

The thing is Trump has alienated the female and minority voters. Can't win without them.

too much of a demographics problem. The youth vote will stay home without sanders, but racial minorities will turn out in droves to defeat trump. Similar to obama, all hillary needs is 40% or so of the white vote outside the deep south, and there are enough people still around who remember the economy her husband presided over

in addition, when trump actually opens his mouth during debates that undecideds are actually watching, it's over. They'll see just how unfit he is

Maybe, although Trump doesn't need to win minority voters, he only needs to not lose as bad. if he pulls George Bush's "popularity" with blacks, which is not difficult he will take Florida and probably Ohio. I think he can get a quarter of the black vote, people don't realize there's a huge undercurrent of resentment of illegal immigration in that community, and none of Trump's gaffes have been anti-black yet.

He can get a lot of mileage out of ads like this

He will not get the hispanic vote, but no republican running for national office will. Obama has been the deporter in chief and the latinos vote for him, and would again in a heartbeat. besides the Latino vote is overwhelmingly concentrated in states that republicans wrote off some time ago (California mainly)

Maybe, although Trump doesn't need to win minority voters, he only needs to not lose as bad. if he pulls George Bush's "popularity" with blacks, which is not difficult he will take Florida and probably Ohio. I think he can get a quarter of the black vote, people don't realize there's a huge undercurrent of resentment of illegal immigration in that community, and none of Trump's gaffes have been anti-black yet.

He can get a lot of mileage out of ads like this

He will not get the hispanic vote, but no republican running for national office will. Obama has been the deporter in chief and the latinos vote for him, and would again in a heartbeat. besides the Latino vote is overwhelmingly concentrated in states that republicans wrote off some time ago (California mainly)

his problem has more to do with hillary's popularity with blacks and the republican party's half century long oppression of them. People do not forget that overnight. I mean there's a reason the dem virginia governor just allowed 200,000 ex cons to vote and it wasn't out of pity

i think you're really underestimating how badly the contempt for illegals will cost him with the hispanic vote. It will hurt at least as much as it might help to gain some black votes. Obama won like 70% of the hispanic vote, so i expect trump to lose the remaining 30%, and i could even see more of a turnout out of a perceived cultural survival. I just don't see any chance he gains THAT much traction with the black vote, compared to what obama got in 2012

yes, obama's agents deported many, after granting amnesty to many, but he's not calling for a freaking wall and he's not comparing them to rapists and making it a focal point of his agenda

your point about where these demographics are concentrated is a good one, but rather slanted: florida has about 2 million hispanic voters so that can swing the state far more easily than reaching 25% of black votes there. In ohio, there's 100,000 hispanic and 700,000 black voters compared to 4.5 million white. That will be a lot more bitterly contested. Then there are several other swing states which i'm too tired to look into right now

but just quick i want to point out one other possible factor: trump's misogyny will be on full display against hillary. He is notoriously sexist and that's another demographic he stands to lose badly against, which we have no other presidential election as a comparison, at least not since the suffrage movement

JFK would be LAUGHED OUT of the Democrat party of today.

Yes he would.

I will say with no doubt whatsoever:

Donald Trump CAN BEAT HILLARY CLINTON.

Absolutely, positively...with no doubt whatsoever.

Tough stuff for an agnostic to write...but he absolutely CAN.

I seriously doubt he will...and if forced to bet, my bet would be a LANDSLIDE for Hillary Clinton...with much of the undercard going the Democratic Party's way.

So...big deal that CBS (or one of its commentators) is saying the obvious.

But why in the world would supposedly intelligent people vote for a scoundrel and liar like her? Guess they ain't so smart after all.

How would Donald Trump fare in a general election against Hillary Clinton? The conventional wisdom is that he wouldn't stand a chance. The GOP is divided. His campaign, despite a recent spate of landslide primary wins, appears to have its own civil war going on. His favorability numbers are at historic lows for a nominee.

Commentary: Yes, Donald Trump can beat Hillary Clinton - CBS News

SHOCK POLL: CLINTON, TRUMP TIED AT 38%...

24% Opt Out of a Clinton-Trump Race - Rasmussen Reports™

As little as I think of this Clinton, she would in that race be the first Democrat in a long time that it would be rational to vote for.

Yes he would.

But why in the world would supposedly intelligent people vote for a scoundrel and liar like her? Guess they ain't so smart after all.

I think they would be a hell of a lot smarter than anyone who would vote for Donald Trump. But I doubt you will be able to see that.

Sorry, I don't lap up that propaganda like you do..

:lamo Oh yea, I forgot anything that proves Trump is just full of bull**** is "propaganda"

:lamo Oh yea, I forgot anything that proves Trump is just full of bull**** is "propaganda"

Maybe not everything but they have cried wolf so many times you can't believe anything they say..

Maybe not everything but they have cried wolf so many times you can't believe anything they say..

:lamo You're really pulling out every excuse in the book to justify his bull**** arent you?

Let's wait and see what he has to say after he gets shot down.

I'm sure that we'll hear a lot of woulda,coulda,shoulda excuses.

:lol:

I would not have used that expression...but after he is defeated at the polls...the Republicans here will be moaning and groaning that their party did not run Attila the Hun instead of Trump...because Attila would have won.

Let's wait and see what he has to say after he gets shot down.

I'm sure that we'll hear a lot of woulda,coulda,shoulda excuses.

:lol:

Same thing you'll hear from the Hillary's side if they lose. That's pretty much par for the course for any presidential election. The winner celebrates their victory, the loser is stuck reflecting where it all went wrong.

I would not have used that expression...but after he is defeated at the polls...the Republicans here will be moaning and groaning that their party did not run Attila the Hun instead of Trump...because Attila would have won.

Bull****. Why don't we at least wait until we get to the general election before we whip out those crystal balls, which I remind you, haven't been super accurate thus far.

Bull****. Why don't we at least wait until we get to the general election before we whip out those crystal balls, which I remind you, haven't been super accurate thus far.

No bull there. Just some uncomfortable truth.

Back
Top Bottom