• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS Poll: 8-in-10 Americans Support Reducing Immigration, Stricter Vetting

That works for the mentally ill and insane too. It doesnt make it factual. It doesnt make it real.
And your perceptions dont necessarily make you POV real either.

Everyone bases their reality on perception. If you want to change someones perception you have to convince them.

Still waiting.
Ive done that ad nauseam, if you don't agree with the sources thats on you, but you have to come with anything yourself. Other than Nuh Uh.

And your perceptions dont necessarily make you POV real either.

When did I make such a claim?

Everyone bases their reality on perception. If you want to change someones perception you have to convince them.

Again, that doesnt make it real. And the person has to have an open mind and be willing to learn. Bias works against that. Bias IS a matter of perception.

And no, not everyone bases their reality on perception. I've studied the sciences extensively...I understand and recognize many things that are not just based on my perceptions. IMO the far-right has a great deal of trouble making such distinctions. See: Covid

Americans reduce immigration at our own peril. We don't produce nearly the amount of STEM graduates that are needed to maintain our edge or compete in the critical areas of technological innovation, and we've got shit tons of jobs that are available but people here are 'too good' for, which is driving inflation.

Unfortunately, I see a lot of chickenshit-ness from this administration when it comes to actually doing what data and science suggests is the right move, and instead caving into misinformed prevailing public sentiments.

When did I make such a claim?

Again, that doesnt make it real. And the person has to have an open mind and be willing to learn. Bias works against that. Bias IS a matter of perception.

And no, not everyone bases their reality on perception. I've studied the sciences extensively...I understand and recognize many things that are not just based on my perceptions. IMO the far-right has a great deal of trouble making such distinctions.
Many psychologists would disagree with your assessment. From my readings? What we believe to be real is based upon our individual perceptions. This individual reality tends to remain fixed unless changed by a significant emotional event.

To counter your opinion i believe far right and far left both tend to be stuck in their perceptions. When I say I perceive the POTUS to have open border agenda its based upon the effects I perceive his actions to has in the long run. I will maintain that perception until his actions prove otherwise. Im not radical or alone in that perception, but its based upon what ive seen vs what he's said

Even the Cato institute doesn't believe the open border claim.

Ive read that, but it does nothing for perceptions.

He may not be 100 % open borders but his policies seem to be trending that way. If he can show me a real course of action with policies of strong 100% enforcement and deterrence ill change my mind, but actually has to follow through, not say one thing and do another.

Ive read that, but it does nothing for perceptions.
[/QUOTE]

Your perceptions are meaningless.

He may not be 100 % open borders but his policies seem to be trending that way. If he can show me a real course of action with policies of strong 100% enforcement and deterrence ill change my mind, but actually has to follow through, not say one thing and do another.

Thanks for admitting he's not for open borders.

Your perceptions are meaningless.

Thanks for admitting he's not for open borders.
[/QUOTE]

Everyone's perceptions have merit even yours

BTW I said not 100% open borders but trending that way. Until he steps up enforcement as required by law and stops implementing policies that encourage as oppose to deter I will continue to see him in that light. Legitimate immigration comes with vetting and a VISA. Need workers there's a VISA for that.

Americans reduce immigration at our own peril. We don't produce nearly the amount of STEM graduates that are needed to maintain our edge or compete in the critical areas of technological innovation, and we've got shit tons of jobs that are available but people here are 'too good' for, which is driving inflation.

Unfortunately, I see a lot of chickenshit-ness from this administration when it comes to actually doing what data and science suggests is the right move, and instead caving into misinformed prevailing public sentiments.
Finally someone posts on the actual poll findings.

Thank you and Gracias.

The only problem I have is with illegal immigration. When comes to workers there's a VISA for that a I fully support increasing the H2's to meet our needs.

Many psychologists would disagree with your assessment.

Source? Find something that directly refutes my comment.

From my readings? What we believe to be real is based upon our individual perceptions. This individual reality tends to remain fixed unless changed by a significant emotional event.

Let's see you source where 'individual reality' equals 'reality.'

Or do you not understand that distinction?

To counter your opinion i believe far right and far left both tend to be stuck in their perceptions. When I say I perceive the POTUS to have open border agenda its based upon the effects I perceive his actions to has in the long run. I will maintain that perception until his actions prove otherwise. Im not radical or alone in that perception, but its based upon what ive seen vs what he's said

Yeah, I can tell. And you're wrong. And you've provided no "facts" or quotes to support your 'individual reality' proving otherwise.

Thanks for offering yourself up as the example.

Fo
Source? Find something that directly refutes my comment.

Let's see you source where 'individual reality' equals 'reality.'

Or do you not understand that distinction?

Yeah, I can tell. And you're wrong. And you've provided no "facts" or quotes to support your 'individual reality' proving otherwise.

Thanks for offering yourself up as the example.
Go back and read post #193 no quotes but all is common knowledge.

And it was individual perception is individual reality

The OP has over 1/2 the posts in this thread, basically repeating his "strong" argument about perception -- over and over and over. Is he trying to bore us to death?

🤷 My comment was that 'individual reality' does not equal 'reality.'

Source otherwise, directly.

Oh, OK,

To that I would say that individual reality equals reality based upon a majority of consensus.

We have to opposing positions:

1. The POTUS trends Open Borders
2. The POTUS has no open border policies.

Each group believes themselves right and the other wrong. Each with citations and written opinions on why and why not and neither side giving way.

Ill come to the center and say he has policies that tend to lean open borders, but he's not 100% a believer.

Who get to decide which reality is true for the other groups?

Answer themselves. Everyone gets to claim their own truth. You will never convince true believers on either side Of the equation baring a significant emotional event.

ver
The OP has over 1/2 the posts in this thread, basically repeating his "strong" argument about perception -- over and over and over. Is he trying to bore us to death?

Critiquing is not equivalent to dialog.

You are the weakest link.

Buh Buh

ver

Critiquing is not equivalent to dialog.

You are the weakest link.

Buh Buh
Let's simplify this.

YOU: "People" have the perception that Biden supports "open" borders.

EVERYONE ELSE: Perception isn't reality.

YOU: Yes it is.

The end.

Hope that helps. We can all go home now.

Let's simplify this.

YOU: "People" have the perception that Biden supports "open" borders.

EVERYONE ELSE: Perception isn't reality.

YOU: Yes it is.

The end.

Hope that helps. We can all go home now.
There's a lot of folks on either side of those perceptions. Now ice come to the middle and said he's not 100 an open borders believer, but many of his policies trend that way using the principals of incrementalism.

And what I said was individual perception is individual reality. Each person creates their own perception of realty.

And if there are a lot of people who hold those perceptions how can you claim everyone else.

Its much more accurate to say everyone who agrees with you, and guess what not everyone does.

Shall we all pray to Athens now to decide.

Back
Top Bottom