• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS News Poll finds more people than ever want ObamaCare repealed

Papa bull

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The poll also found just 13 percent of Americans say the health care law will personally "help me" while 38 percent said they believe the law will personally "hurt me."

This is interesting with the new signups coming in October 1st. Only 13% of Americans actually feel that ObamaCare will help them. I've been wondering when that number would come out because I don't know anyone that feels that ObamaCare has done anything for them or actually WILL do anything for them.

CBS News poll finds more Americans than ever want Obamacare repealed - CBS News

yep. repeal and replace with medicare for all.

This is interesting with the new signups coming in October 1st. Only 13% of Americans actually feel that ObamaCare will help them. I've been wondering when that number would come out because I don't know anyone that feels that ObamaCare has done anything for them or actually WILL do anything for them.

This healthcare law is the worst PR disaster I can ever remember. Why didn't the White House pull insurers on board to bolster their claims of saving money for you and me? Nobody knows anything -- and won't until October 1st when rates come out.

If you have nothing, it may help. If you have something, it won't help until you have nothing...

Could be one of the worst political things ever to happen to this country.

Though, you can't really say it just happened, we voted in this guy twice. I can't think of anything close that has been forced on the country by one party. This was passed only by democrats, and through a small window of opportunity to get it through. They actually had to reach back and get a bill that they didn't even like, because of the loss of the senate seat in Massachusetts.

God, can you imagine what they would do to this country if they had that window for a long period of time?

yep. repeal and replace with medicare for all.

Medicare still requires a costly supplement. What the hell are you thinking? You still need another insurance to cover what Medicare doesn't. Medicare is going bankrupt.

Medicare still requires a costly supplement. What the hell are you thinking? You still need another insurance to cover what Medicare doesn't. Medicare is going bankrupt.
Our entire federal government is already pretty much bankrupt.

all basic care should go through medicare so that it has the bargaining power to force prices down.

delivering an essential service with inelastic demand via three tiers of for-profit entities is horribly inefficient, and invites gouging at every level. if we don't go with medicare for all, then we need to pick another first-world solution. the PPACA does nothing to force down costs, and pretty much does nothing but perpetuate the failed model.

there's simply no reason that anyone should have to pay ten grand for their kid's broken arm. none at all. we have to fix this.

all basic care should go through medicare so that it has the bargaining power to force prices down.

delivering an essential service with inelastic demand via three tiers of for-profit entities is horribly inefficient, and invites gouging at every level. if we don't go with medicare for all, then we need to pick another first-world solution. the PPACA does nothing to force down costs, and pretty much does nothing but perpetuate the failed model.

there's simply no reason that anyone should have to pay ten grand for their kid's broken arm. none at all. we have to fix this.

All basic care shouldn't be covered by insurance which will bring prices down. Why add layers of bureaucracy that do nothing but add cost to something that is going to happen to everyone.

Cut out the insurance policies and cater to a specific set of care and costs come down. A hospital here in Sandusky did that, and broken bones are taken care of for a few hundred dollars.

All basic care shouldn't be covered by insurance which will bring prices down. Why add layers of bureaucracy that do nothing but add cost to something that is going to happen to everyone.

Cut out the insurance policies and cater to a specific set of care and costs come down. A hospital here in Sandusky did that, and broken bones are taken care of for a few hundred dollars.

i don't believe that it's workable. the doctor supply is artificially limited, and people will pay literally anything for essential care when it's an emergency, and especially if it's their kid. plus, we're still going to have a lot of people who couldn't pay for an extended hospital visit even if the price was reduced by 3/4.

most other first world countries are achieving better outcomes at a much lower cost. we need to do what they are doing. if it's not medicare for all, it needs to be something.

How did CBS avoid sampling the low-information voters?

Back
Top Bottom