• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS fact checks Trump, finds he lied

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
President Trump stated that a significant number of these ladies are sexually assaulted during their travel.

Trump declared that 1-in-3 women were assaulted on these trips, but CBS found him to be incorrect.

BorderFacts.jpg

#HAHAHAHH #FOOOLS

President Trump stated that a significant number of these ladies are sexually assaulted during their travel.

Trump declared that 1-in-3 women were assaulted on these trips, but CBS found him to be incorrect.

View attachment 67247765

#HAHAHAHH #FOOOLS

He must be talking about his own sexual escapades.

View attachment 67247765

#HAHAHAHH #FOOOLS

So is it reasonable to also conclude there are rapists in those caravans?

TMzk0AH.png

:elephantf:usflag2:

View attachment 67247765

#HAHAHAHH #FOOOLS

How would anyone know the percentages unless they accompanied every female?

Fake News.

Redstate is using "someone" who links to right wing sources and infowars bunk. Please use real sources...

#LAME#COMEBACK

Trump said 1 in 3. The resistance warriors at CBS fact-checked it with Amnesty international and found it to be 60-80%

#OUCH

How would anyone know the percentages unless they accompanied every female?

Fake News.

Perhaps they are referring to this: WHO: 1 in 3 women experience physical or sexual violence

There's a few problems with the right's new found love of women and sexual violence Trump notwithstanding.

1. They supported Brett Kavanaugh
2. I fail to see how the wall will prevent violence against women
3. Women who are coming here were already fleeing violence at home.

#LAME#COMEBACK

Trump said 1 in 3. The resistance warriors at CBS fact-checked it with Amnesty international and found it to be 60-80%

#OUCH

Can you link to the actual AI report? I cannot seem to find it except for the right wing twitter trolls reporting it.

Redstate is using "someone" who links to right wing sources and infowars bunk. Please use real sources...

Has CBS issued a denial of this "fact check?" I can't seem to find one, but the "claim" is popping up more and more.

I also checked the CBS Oval Office speech "fact check" list, and they don't mention any revision. Could it be they are embarrassed by it and don't want to acknowledge it one way or the other?

Can you link to the actual AI report? I cannot seem to find it except for the right wing twitter trolls reporting it.

Well I fond many citations like the Huffington Post report below when I searched "Amnesty International reports 60 to 80% of women sexually assaulted"

80% Of Central American Women, Girls Are Raped Crossing Into The U.S.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/12/central-america-migrants-rape_n_5806972.html

But the links to every citation to Amnesty Internation lead to this: https://www.amnesty.org/en/library/...e-4302-8bd2-3305bdae9cde/amr410142010eng.pdf/

I guess they were embarrassed by their report.

Last edited:
So is it reasonable to also conclude there are rapists in those caravans?

It is more logical to find that were assaulted by people during the time that they travel through Mexico. Because only a few travel in a caravan of people and they do that to prevent being raped. If they were being raped during the caravan they would not choose to travel in that way. They do it because it is safer than traveling alone or in small groups.

Has CBS issued a denial of this "fact check?" I can't seem to find one, but the "claim" is popping up more and more.

I also checked the CBS Oval Office speech "fact check" list, and they don't mention any revision. Could it be they are embarrassed by it and don't want to acknowledge it one way or the other?

Can you find the AI report cited in your "fact check"? Redstate only links to right wing twitter trolls and a Trump speech. Hardly the harbinger of facts.

YEP!

Didn't fit the narrative.

Well I fond many citations like the Huffington Post report below when I searched "Amnesty International reports 60 to 80% of women sexually assaulted"

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/12/central-america-migrants-rape_n_5806972.html

But the links to every citation to Amnesty Internation lead to this: https://www.amnesty.org/en/library/...e-4302-8bd2-3305bdae9cde/amr410142010eng.pdf/

It says the link isn't found.

I did find this link from 5 1/2 years ago which talks about what is "believed" by AI. I don't see any hard facts or anything else.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2013/10/migrants-mexico-invisible-journeys/

View attachment 67247765

#HAHAHAHH #FOOOLS

If you just invent **** all the time, telling an average of 6 to 10 lies a day, every day you are in office, then every once in a while you are bound to invent some statistic that actually ends up being sort of true. Even pathological liars like Trump manage to stumble on the truth every once in a while.

I noticed though that you don't have any threads about the thousands of times fact checkers have caught him in lies though. Surely that is just an oversight on your part. ;)

Even if the wall were built, which it won't for a variety of reasons even if he did get his money for it, would only increase the likelihood of more women being raped as they would then be even more dependent on human traffickers to get them here.

View attachment 67247765

#HAHAHAHH #FOOOLS

Sexual assault is always funny, yes.

Can we assume you unquestioningly believe and support Amnesty International now? I'd love to see someone post some of their other claims so we see you agreeing with them.

By the way. AI said what they "believed" almost 6 years ago. Was Trump worried about all those "ladies" being assaulted then? I'm sure he was. And the Republican base, too. What actions did you all take to go down and help the "ladies"?

I cannot seem to find the "fact-check" as quoted by redstate on the CBS fact-check link. So they either removed it, or the MAGA media complex is completely making things up that CBS got a fact-check wrong.

If you just invent **** all the time, telling an average of 6 to 10 lies a day, every day you are in office, then every once in a while you are bound to invent some statistic that actually ends up being sort of true. Even pathological liars like Trump manage to stumble on the truth every once in a while.

I noticed though that you don't have any threads about the thousands of times fact checkers have caught him in lies though. Surely that is just an oversight on your part. ;)

Even if the wall were built, which it won't for a variety of reasons even if he did get his money for it, would only increase the likelihood of more women being raped as they would then be even more dependent on human traffickers to get them here.

Of course not. Obama lied that one time!

I cannot seem to find the "fact-check" as quoted by redstate on the CBS fact-check link. So they either removed it, or the MAGA media complex is completely making things up that CBS got a fact-check wrong.

Archived version with the fact check: https://web.archive.org/web/2019010...-border-wall-fight-government-shutdown-today/
Current version: https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/t...-border-wall-fight-government-shutdown-today/

I'm not exactly sure why Trump supporters think this helps their cause though, unless they think it is fun to deny safety to women and children who are victims of sexual violence. Additionally, my suspicion is that Trump and CBS were talking about two different contexts, though I'd have to read/listen to Trump's speech and I have no desire to do that.

80% Of Central American Women, Girls Are Raped Crossing Into The U.S.
headshot
By Eleanor Goldberg

As the number of Central American women and girls crossing into the U.S. continues to spike, so is the staggering amount of sexual violence waged against these migrants who are in search of a better life.

According to a stunning Fusion investigation, 80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That’s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report.

#BOOM

Back
Top Bottom