• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS Earns Blistering Ratio For Trying To Blame US Inflation On Ukraine Situation

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I caught this earlier and commented in other threads about it. How Biden is now acting shocked that gas prices are going to spike because of Russia. That's right. Gas prices to date have been nothing to worry about according to Joe. But get ready for high gas prices he says. It's the cost of freedom yet the previous spikes are unremarkable.

Warhawk d-bag
--------------------

When legacy media outlets shill for an administration ahead of midterms, the propaganda is usually delivered in a semi-believable headline that doesn't cause readers to immediately call bullshit.

Not CBS...

In a late Tuesday tweet, the network asserted that "The U.S. economy has been hit with increased gas prices, inflation, and supply-chain issues due to the Ukraine crisis."

I caught this earlier and commented in other threads about it. How Biden is now acting shocked that gas prices are going to spike because of Russia. That's right. Gas prices to date have been nothing to worry about according to Joe. But get ready for high gas prices he says. It's the cost of freedom yet the previous spikes are unremarkable.

Warhawk d-bag
--------------------

When legacy media outlets shill for an administration ahead of midterms, the propaganda is usually delivered in a semi-believable headline that doesn't cause readers to immediately call bullshit.

Not CBS...

In a late Tuesday tweet, the network asserted that "The U.S. economy has been hit with increased gas prices, inflation, and supply-chain issues due to the Ukraine crisis."

CBS has been taking MSNBC's Stupid pills again. Sad.

CBS has been taking MSNBC's Stupid pills again. Sad.
You can see how Biden is trying to shift the economy he has been wrecking unto Russia.

Sorry Joe. You built that

A slight tangent, but here's an interesting op ed from The Washington Examiner that asserts not only are corporations not greedily raising prices unnecessarily, their efficiency efforts are actually keeping retail inflation from being worse.

Warhawk d-bag
--------------------

Not CBS...

Of course it’s not the Ukraine situation at this point. It’s corporations hiding behind “inflation” to garner RECORD PROFITS and thus making it worse for everyday Americans while filling the pockets of the ultra-rich investors with “dividends”.

A slight tangent, but here's an interesting op ed from The Washington Examiner that asserts not only are corporations not greedily raising prices unnecessarily, their efficiency efforts are actually keeping retail inflation from being worse.

The Washington Examiner opinion page. *L*

What problem do you have with their reasoning on this one?
All that you have to do is to look at the beginning of the very first sentence to know that this is nothing more than the typical far right rant an is simply not meant to be taken seriously. It would do you good to try to find some alternate information regards the FACT that a multitude of companies are raising prices at a rate greater than inflation and thus making it even worse in pursuit of higher profits.

Warhawk d-bag
--------------------

Not CBS...

Political activism such as this under the guise of being news is exactly why the media's trust and credibility poll results are what they are, historic lows and sinking, and it's all self inflicted damage, to which they don't have sufficient cognizance or selfwareness to realize that they themselves case this damage to themselves.

Political activism such as this under the guise of being news is exactly why the media's trust and credibility poll results are what they are, historic lows and sinking, and it's all self inflicted damage, to which they don't have sufficient cognizance or selfwareness to realize that they themselves case this damage to themselves.

Do you watch FOX?

All that you have to do is to look at the beginning of the very first sentence to know that this is nothing more than the typical far right rant an is simply not meant to be taken seriously. It would do you good to try to find some alternate information regards the FACT that a multitude of companies are raising prices at a rate greater than inflation and thus making it even worse in pursuit of higher profits.
If thats the case then why doesn't Biden refrain from policies and actions that have caused the inflation? Then business would not have to pass Biden's screw-ups down to us

When you read the article and get a chance to really think about it, let me know. From what you say above it's hard to take you seriously on it.

If thats the case then why doesn't Biden refrain from policies and actions that have caused the inflation? Then business would not have to pass Biden's screw-ups down to us

You really still don’t know what is actually causing the inflation, so you? Try doing some research beyond watching Neil Cavuto and FOX in order to educate yourself in that regard.

When you read the article and get a chance to really think about it, let me know. From what you say above it's hard to take you seriously on it.

Actually, it’s IMPOSSIBLE to take the article seriously when they begin with a far right falsehoods. There is simply no need to go any further because they have already exposed that it will be nothing more than a highly biased rant. If you would like to paraphrase or to post selected sentences, then I will respond.

Actually, it’s IMPOSSIBLE to take the article seriously when they begin with a far right falsehoods. There is simply no need to go any further because they have already exposed that it will be nothing more than a highly biased rant. If you would like to paraphrase or to post selected sentences, then I will respond.
Willful ignorance of an argument will convince no one, IMO.

Willful ignorance of an argument will convince no one, IMO.

Exactly my point. Why are you so ignorant of corporations raising their prices needlessly and thereby fueling inflation?

Supply chain issues are a result of the global "just in time" logistics trend where businesses run on absolute minimum inventory, relying on a steady and reliable and fast delivery chain. It's more efficient and therefore more profitable, but it's more vulnerable to disruption because there's so little buffer at any number of steps in the chain.

This isn't a government decision, it's a business decision. Not that you'd ever blame businesses for their choices.

It’s not shocking CBS would try and pull this smoke and mirrors job to help out Democrats, it’s shocking that so many Democratic Party supporters will believe it.

It’s not shocking CBS would try and pull this smoke and mirrors job to help out Democrats, it’s shocking that so many Democratic Party supporters will believe it.

Do you watch FOX?

Do you watch FOX?
Yeah I watch Fox as I have been a long time Simpson fan. Enjoy their coverage of NFL and Baseball games. They do a decent job covering the races and soccer matches.

I don’t watch Fox News for the same reason I don’t watch CNN, OAN, MSNBC and such. I don’t need someone to tell me how to think, those stations are only good for people who can’t form opinions on their own.

Yeah I watch Fox as I have been a long time Simpson fan. Enjoy their coverage of NFL and Baseball games. They do a decent job covering the races and soccer matches.

I don’t watch Fox News for the same reason I don’t watch CNN, OAN, MSNBC and such. I don’t need someone to tell me how to think, those stations are only good for people who can’t form opinions on their own.

From what sources do you get your information about the world (news)?

From what sources do you get your information about the world (news)?
Probably the same as you except without being spoon fed how to think sourced. A nice mixture of internet sources, the local paper, local news, PBS news hour when I get the opportunity to watch it, listen to NPR at work.

Back
Top Bottom