• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS decides a slap takes precedent over a war

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Lately I've been turning on the morning shows to see if anything of note happened with Ukraine while I slept. This morning I turned on CBS and they led with Chris Rock being slapped at the Oscars deciding that was more important, more news worthy than the war in Ukraine. Guess I'm back to my boycott of these worthless network so called news programs.

OMG. Seems Newsmax, OAN and FoxNews were hacked by CBS. They all carried the story of the "slap"

PS. seems all the major networks have updates on Ukraine.

The war is old news. When it started it was on every station at my gym. Today, just like you saw, the slap was news. Glad to see you are joining my boycott. ;)

OMG. Seems Newsmax, OAN and FoxNews were hacked by CBS. They all carried the story of the "slap"

Now you've done it, defused all his righteous rage at the MSM.

Lately I've been turning on the morning shows to see if anything of note happened with Ukraine while I slept. This morning I turned on CBS and they led with Chris Rock being slapped at the Oscars deciding that was more important, more news worthy than the war in Ukraine. Guess I'm back to my boycott of these worthless network so called news programs.
The purveyors of content know what the sheep want.

Well, isn't that a repugnant load of dumbassery?

It doesn't help that you'd be trying to stir the spot and score Internets Points if they did run and only run Ukraine coverage as you pretend to demand....

Now you've done it, defused all his righteous rage at the MSM.
Just pay attention and remember the people that support violence over civility. It was joke. It was funny. You don't like the joke, don't laugh. You don't ever touch another person for something as trivial as that joke was. Smith should be in jail. What next, a rash of audience members slapping comedians because they don't like the joke? America 2022...

If this was normal America, no one would give two shits what happened at the Oscars.
There are more pressing issues in the world right now we should be concerned about.

I don't expect a response from the OP. imo, no one is covering Ukraine 24/7. There is other news happening in the world.
The OP is only concerned about his buddy Putin

Bread and circuses.

Just pay attention and remember the people that support violence over civility. It was joke. It was funny. You don't like the joke, don't laugh. You don't ever touch another person for something as trivial as that joke was. Smith should be in jail. What next, a rash of audience members slapping comedians because they don't like the joke? America 2022...
Not the point though, is it.
The point is the news did cover it and the fact that you're here commenting on it means you are in the audience they presented it to.

Was this their lead story when you turned on a news program?

If that's all you have to worry about, you lead a charmed life.

Did something important happen overnight that demanded immediate coverage by "news" programs that are on a typical day fluff? Did anything change overnight that is actually "news" and that they didn't cover? They don't have a moral or ethical or journalistic duty to lead with the war in another country with every single broadcast. And what YOU want to see first doesn't actually matter to any of the news programs, nor are you somehow entitled to get your way.

The war is old news. When it started it was on every station at my gym. Today, just like you saw, the slap was news. Glad to see you are joining my boycott. ;)
Join? I led the boycott.

I don't expect a response from the OP. imo, no one is covering Ukraine 24/7. There is other news happening in the world.
Covering the slap is fine after you lead with actual news. Then you do the entertainment pieces.

If this was normal America, no one would give two shits what happened at the Oscars.
There are more pressing issues in the world right now we should be concerned about.
Yeah, well, it's like saying no one should care what happens with the NCAA basketball tournament. Or the Super Bowl. Or any other sporting event since there is ALWAYS something going on more important than people playing a game. They shouldn't care about movies or TV shows or their golf game or how many fish they caught, whether they killed a buck last year, etc......... And yet those things and others do matter to nearly all of us.

Well, isn't that a repugnant load of dumbassery?

It doesn't help that you'd be trying to stir the spot and score Internets Points if they did run and only run Ukraine coverage as you pretend to demand....
Where do I demand that? What I "demand" expect is real news and especially war news before Oscar slap Hollywood who cares BS.

If that's all you have to worry about, you lead a charmed life.

Did something important happen overnight that demanded immediate coverage by "news" programs that are on a typical day fluff? Did anything change overnight that is actually "news" and that they didn't cover? They don't have a moral or ethical or journalistic duty to lead with the war in another country with every single broadcast. And what YOU want to see first doesn't actually matter to any of the news programs, nor are you somehow entitled to get your way.
Anything war related is a thousand times more important than the slap. Goes to show you who the audience for these fake news programs are.

Was this their lead story when you turned on a news program?

Really. You are going to ask this. Doesn't it depend on when one tuned into the program?

News at 6, turned into it at 6:15, nope. lead story has already been presented.

Really. You are going to ask this. Doesn't it depend on when one tuned into the program?

News at 6, turned into it at 6:15, nope. lead story has already been presented.
Fact is CBS led with the slap. That's like above the fold with newspapers. In their opening summary the Ukraine war wasn't even mentioned so I don't know if they ever even had any stories on it. Probably all slap all morning.

Covering the slap is fine after you lead with actual news. Then you do the entertainment pieces.

Is Ukraine the top leading news story. The war has been going on for a month.

Let me ask you this. When the China 737 crashed should it have been the top world news story or the continuing war in Ukraine? How would you decide which one to cover first?

Fact is CBS led with the slap. That's like above the fold with newspapers. In their opening summary the Ukraine war wasn't even mentioned so I don't know if they ever even had any stories on it. Probably all slap all morning.

and...............
What shocking new event happened in Ukraine last night (3/27).?
What makes the Ukraine continued war be the leading story?

Shouldn't Trump's Georgia event have been the lead story on the day it happened?:giggle:

Back
Top Bottom