• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS decides a slap takes precedent over a war

Lately I've been turning on the morning shows to see if anything of note happened with Ukraine while I slept. This morning I turned on CBS and they led with Chris Rock being slapped at the Oscars deciding that was more important, more news worthy than the war in Ukraine. Guess I'm back to my boycott of these worthless network so called news programs.
Another war ... more people killed ... another massacre ... school shooting ... child kidnapped ... global warming we are all going to die ...

who doesn't want some celebrity bitch fighting?

People simply love scandalous stories about Hollywood celebrities.
It takes their minds off of stories that can lead to nuclear annihilation.
Too busy .. . building fallout shelter. Read later.

Lately I've been turning on the morning shows to see if anything of note happened with Ukraine while I slept. This morning I turned on CBS and they led with Chris Rock being slapped at the Oscars deciding that was more important, more news worthy than the war in Ukraine. Guess I'm back to my boycott of these worthless network so called news programs.
War in Ukraine has been going on for a month or so. The slap just happened.

Though i agree with your sentiment, this will be old news by the end of the week, the war will still be there.

Its a slight diversion, it's not even worthy to lead the evening broadcast by any self respecting news journalist.

War in Ukraine has been going on for a month or so. The slap just happened.
And while the slap happened Ukraine women and children died.
Putting the slap ahead of Ukraine is a perfect example of the failings of journalism in America.

If this was normal America, no one would give two shits what happened at the Oscars.
There are more pressing issues in the world right now we should be concerned about.
America has always been big on gossip type stuff, so by your reckoning of normal, it was never normal.

I don't think Cronkite would find the Oscar slap a lead off story.
Yeah just picture it. "One idiot Hollywood elite slapped another one of his ilk at the Oscars last night. In other news 10 US soldiers were killed in Vietnam" .

I dont care about the war, or more accurately I just have a passing interest.
Yes, I still use Yahoo for my email LOL. So every am I go to Yahoo to see my mail, and I usually skim the headlines.

They've had a big red banner headline every single day since the invasion proclaiming that "Putin says this..." or "Zelensky sez that....", no matter what it is its a big red bold type banner across the top of the page.
Its like SHEEESH, are you going to do this every day until this war is over?
I dont want to see anyone suffering but I know that there are people all over the world suffering, its horrible that Russia invaded Ukraine and lots of people are dying and its also horrible every time the US kills a bunch of people somewhere. Am I supposed to follow and hang on the edge of my seat every time someone in Ukraine or Russia says something? It just really doesnt affect me or my daily life. There was a time when I let world events and politics get to me, but theres just no point in doing that. I just have to block out a good deal of media, its the way for me to stay sane. Worrying about things you cant change is a fools errand.

What did Chris Rock find on his face the next morning?

Fresh Prints
Also, Will Smith is going to have to move out of Bel-Air now and to some fresh location.

And while the slap happened Ukraine women and children died.
Putting the slap ahead of Ukraine is a perfect example of the failings of journalism in America.
Disagree. The horror of Ukraine had been going on for a while. Had Putin announced a wothdrawal or had something as dramatic occurred, I am sure it would have gotten the coverage it deserved. The Oscars are a yearly event that usually has some flub or political statement of note, but nothing like what happened. You might just as well blame the American people for taking the night off from the depressing world news.

I haven't watched that garbage in decades and question the intelligence of anyone who does.
If you have been a movie goer or watcher all your life, then you are interested in quality movies. That does not mean you are obsessed with Hollywood celebrities.
It means you are fascinated by the industry and want to watch it evolve and survive.

Ideally, like us, you watch the Academy Awards by recording it on a DVR and then fast-forwarding through all of the useless, self-promotional bullshit (including ads).
Like watching and NFL game which is about 15 minutes of action on the field.

I dont care about the war, or more accurately I just have a passing interest.
Yes, I still use Yahoo for my email LOL. So every am I go to Yahoo to see my mail, and I usually skim the headlines.

They've had a big red banner headline every single day since the invasion proclaiming that "Putin says this..." or "Zelensky sez that....", no matter what it is its a big red bold type banner across the top of the page.
Its like SHEEESH, are you going to do this every day until this war is over?
I dont want to see anyone suffering but I know that there are people all over the world suffering, its horrible that Russia invaded Ukraine and lots of people are dying and its also horrible every time the US kills a bunch of people somewhere. Am I supposed to follow and hang on the edge of my seat every time someone in Ukraine or Russia says something? It just really doesnt affect me or my daily life. There was a time when I let world events and politics get to me, but theres just no point in doing that. I just have to block out a good deal of media, its the way for me to stay sane. Worrying about things you cant change is a fools errand.
If it bleeds, it leads.
Newscasters think showing destroyed buildings and dead people on the streets is news.

Back
Top Bottom