• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBO: Individual, corporate income tax revenue down

Companies can (and do) release both GAAP and Non-GAAP earnings. GAAP earnings is for investors; non-GAAP is for analyst.

Can you show me something presented as a "balance sheet" that is prepared in some manner other than GAAP?

You don't even know that 10-Q and Quarterly releases are the same thing... :doh

You told me in another post they were different....

Non-gaap reports are most certainly financials. I can assure you that companies releases Non-gaap earnings along with their gaap earnings.

Go to any press release (or 8-K) for any company on the date of their earnings figures, search for the words "non-GAAP" or "reconciliation" and you'll find a company's non-GAAP figures.

They're not "financials." We were talking about the "balance sheet." The particular item was cash, which you said was almost always presented net of working cash, and represents a company's "excess" cash. That is false. You said debt was presented net of working cash with a term called "net debt" but that's also false. Then you showed me a link to something that tells us how to convert financial statement amounts to various ratios, which is of course possible, but those figures do not appear on the "balance sheet" anywhere, and you've not shown any example of such an amount on the balance sheet.

Can you show me something presented as a "balance sheet" that is prepared in some manner other than GAAP?

Look up any 8-K for a company's financial position. It will have non-gaap financial statements.

Access to this page has been denied.

You told me in another post they were different....

No, I said you showed me a press release when you said you showed me an 10-Q, then I corrected you said said that an 10-Q is released by the SEC.

They're not "financials." We were talking about the "balance sheet."

Balance sheets and non-gaap reports ARE financials. :doh

The particular item was cash, which you said was almost always presented net of working cash, and represents a company's "excess" cash. That is false. You said debt was presented net of working cash with a term called "net debt" but that's also false. Then you showed me a link to something that tells us how to convert financial statement amounts to various ratios, which is of course possible, but those figures do not appear on the "balance sheet" anywhere, and you've not shown any example of such an amount on the balance sheet.

There is nothing false about any of these statements. Excess Cash and Net Debt are financial metrics analyst use analytical purposes. Everyone knows what these metrics are, except you apparently. If you know what net debt and excess cash is, you'll already understand that the balance sheet gives you everything you need to find them.

Last edited:
Look up any 8-K for a company's financial position. It will have non-gaap financial statements.

Access denied...

There is nothing false about any of these statements. Excess Cash and Net Debt are financial metrics analyst use analytical purposes. Everyone knows what these metrics are, except you apparently. If you know what net debt and excess cash is, you'll already understand that the balance sheet gives you everything you need to find [calculate] them.

Right, which is what I've already said.

Have the last word if you want. I don't see the point of following you further down this rathole.

Access denied...

I clicked on the link and it took me exactly where I wanted to go. Looks like no one taught you how to look through financial statements.

Right, which is what I've already said.

No, you've said a lot of stupid ****, but not that...

Have the last word if you want. I don't see the point of following you further down this rathole.

While your on your way out, ask somebody: Why is cash always subtracted from the Enterprise Value of a company?

If there is no such thing as excess cash, we would obviously include it with the value of any corporation...

I clicked on the link and it took me exactly where I wanted to go. Looks like no one taught you how to look through financial statements.

No, you've said a lot of stupid ****, but not that...

While your on your way out, ask somebody: Why is cash always subtracted from the Enterprise Value of a company?

If there is no such thing as excess cash, we would obviously include it with the value of any corporation...

Don't you have a Bloomberg terminal to keep you company?

Don't you have a Bloomberg terminal to keep you company?

I see you tried very hard to answer, but you still got it wrong. However, I'll tell you the answer, because we're friends. You should know that we subtract cash from the enterprise value because the Enterprise Value represents the value of the revenue generating portion of a firm's operations. Cash is a non-operationg asset.

When companies have excess cash, it doesn't offer any benefit to the Corporation. It isn't generating any revenue. At that point, the only thing they can do is return it to owners of capital.

Now you've learned even more today.

Back
Top Bottom