• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBD products?

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Have any of you tried CBD? It comes in many forms - oil based tinture drops, softgels, capsules, and gummies. What form did you use? Did it work for your goal? Opinions?

Have any of you tried CBD? It comes in many forms - oil based tinture drops, softgels, capsules, and gummies. What form did you use? Did it work for your goal? Opinions?

I've tried CBD in dry flower, live rosin, tincture and topical cream.

Topical cream: I've got bad knees, the cream I have is the most effective, instant relief that I have found. You feel it working almost instantly. The product I have is a homemade product, albeit made by a guy who is truly an expert in extraction and growing, so it's a little smelly and the "cream" part is coconut oil, so it's a bit greasy, need to wear shorts for a bit after applying, but it is amazing. He adds some mint to the cream which gives a nice cooling / tingly sensation as the meds work into the sore areas. Very nice.

Tincture / edibles: I use these when I cannot smoke. More difficult to get to proper dosage with edibles, tinctures a little better, but due to the time it takes to absorb through the stomach lining, you're still playing a guessing game. But I know people who don't like to smoke that use this as their main method and have experienced great relief. To each their own.

Dry flower / live rosin: The best way. Takes care of pain and anxiety symptoms, from personal experience. Difficult to get CBD only herb, but there are low THC variants out there that you'd have to smoke way more than you need for the CBD to address your symptoms in order to get high. I like live rosin, because with concentrates you have to inhale very little, and by dabbing you're only inhaling pure product, you don't even inhale the butane from the lighter. And the effect comes on much quicker, which means that the correct dosage is a lot easier to get to.

Absolutely met my goals, which is good, because my body rejects the drugs that doctors would normally prescribe to deal with my "stuff". I'm not exaggerating when I say that CBD saved my life, and my family. That said, it doesn't work for everyone, in the same way that every medication doesn't work for everyone. Luckily there are few dangers associated with experimentation, so I'd recommend simply seeing if it works for you. But find someone knowledgeable that can walk you through it - there are so many strains, and so much information out there. If you want to do the research yourself, you totally can, but if you're looking for something a little more urgently, and don't want to spend a bunch of time on Google, hit up FB for CBD groups, and ask your questions there, they are super helpful.

Good luck.

Topical cream: I've got bad knees, the cream I have is the most effective, instant relief that I have found. You feel it working almost instantly. The product I have is a homemade product, albeit made by a guy who is truly an expert in extraction and growing, so it's a little smelly and the "cream" part is coconut oil, so it's a bit greasy, need to wear shorts for a bit after applying, but it is amazing. He adds some mint to the cream which gives a nice cooling / tingly sensation as the meds work into the sore areas. Very nice.

Tincture / edibles: I use these when I cannot smoke. More difficult to get to proper dosage with edibles, tinctures a little better, but due to the time it takes to absorb through the stomach lining, you're still playing a guessing game. But I know people who don't like to smoke that use this as their main method and have experienced great relief. To each their own.

Dry flower / live rosin: The best way. Takes care of pain and anxiety symptoms, from personal experience. Difficult to get CBD only herb, but there are low THC variants out there that you'd have to smoke way more than you need for the CBD to address your symptoms in order to get high. I like live rosin, because with concentrates you have to inhale very little, and by dabbing you're only inhaling pure product, you don't even inhale the butane from the lighter. And the effect comes on much quicker, which means that the correct dosage is a lot easier to get to.

Absolutely met my goals, which is good, because my body rejects the drugs that doctors would normally prescribe to deal with my "stuff". I'm not exaggerating when I say that CBD saved my life, and my family. That said, it doesn't work for everyone, in the same way that every medication doesn't work for everyone. Luckily there are few dangers associated with experimentation, so I'd recommend simply seeing if it works for you. But find someone knowledgeable that can walk you through it - there are so many strains, and so much information out there. If you want to do the research yourself, you totally can, but if you're looking for something a little more urgently, and don't want to spend a bunch of time on Google, hit up FB for CBD groups, and ask your questions there, they are super helpful.

Good luck.

Thank you for the extensive response. Very positive.

Thank you for the extensive response. Very positive.

Any time, Joko. Feel free to hit me up if you want any advice, here or in private messages, I'm pretty well researched on this subject, given my RL circumstances.

One last suggestion - go on Leafly.com, they have a shit ton of resources and a helpful community, as well as telling you where to get specific strains (which dispensary, online ordering place, etc). Get educated about terpenes - depending on what you're trying to address, this will matter. Selecting an ideal strain for medicinal purposes is a lot more involved than for recreational applications. Any CBD will help...but you can really dial into your symptoms when you learn about terps.

I had lunch at this vegan restaurant. They had this fancy kombucha drink for $8. Someone mentioned CBD, but I didn't know what that was; I thought it was who made the drink.

I was driving down the road and I thought, wow, my tensions are relieved; I feel good. Usually inflammation and stress jacks me up. I called them and asked, "What did you say about the kombucha?

"It has CBD oil in it."

Oh shit. I can't have THC in my system.

"No THC."

----

I need to try CBD oil, again.

I had lunch at this vegan restaurant. They had this fancy kombucha drink for $8. Someone mentioned CBD, but I didn't know what that was; I thought it was who made the drink.

I was driving down the road and I thought, wow, my tensions are relieved; I feel good. Usually inflammation and stress jacks me up. I called them and asked, "What did you say about the kombucha?

"It has CBD oil in it."

Oh shit. I can't have THC in my system.

"No THC."

----

I need to try CBD oil, again.

If not having THC in your system is a concern, be very careful. Most CBD products contain at minimum trace quantities of THC. I know someone who got nailed on a drug test for eating food with hemp seeds in it. She had never smoked pot in her life. I think it was a granola bar, or something.

If you're interested in it for medicinal purposes, maybe have a chat with your HR department before starting.

I am inquiring as a commercial question. Many of our customers (online sales) ask us about it and if we have it. We spoke to an FDA facility that makes CBD products for bulk sale, that has quoted us bulk prices. I'm looking at a couple of softgels - Full spectrum whole hemp -both THC free and at just below the legal THC allowed threshold - which we would repackage under our label. We also could do tintures/oil, and have capsule filling equipment for some other products. Filling capsules is tempting as we could make custom blends with other ingredients for more specific purpose. For example, for bone joint pain we would add hyaluronic acid, which I use personally specifically for my wrists. It works for me.

If not having THC in your system is a concern, be very careful. Most CBD products contain at minimum trace quantities of THC. I know someone who got nailed on a drug test for eating food with hemp seeds in it. She had never smoked pot in her life. I think it was a granola bar, or something.

If you're interested in it for medicinal purposes, maybe have a chat with your HR department before starting.
Decades ago I had a call from a doctor after taking a pee test.

"You have some opioid in your system. Do you eat anything with poppy seeds?"

Hmmm. "Oh, I can't get enough of these muffins in the vending machine. One flavor has poppy seeds."

"Ok. Yeah, it's only a small amount, so I figured it wasn't drugs."

I really want my GF to use it, but she is in a job that has drug testing. I asked at the local dispensary about it, he said that there is CBD that has no THC, but it really doesn't work well, the THC is needed to "kickstart" the CBD for lack of a better word. She is having some nasty hip pain lately and is going to a doctor today.

I am inquiring as a commercial question. Many of our customers (online sales) ask us about it and if we have it. We spoke to an FDA facility that makes CBD products for bulk sale, that has quoted us bulk prices. I'm looking at a couple of softgels - Full spectrum whole hemp -both THC free and at just below the legal THC allowed threshold - which we would repackage under our label. We also could do tintures/oil, and have capsule filling equipment for some other products. Filling capsules is tempting as we could make custom blends with other ingredients for more specific purpose. For example, for bone joint pain we would add hyaluronic acid, which I use personally specifically for my wrists. It works for me.

Ah.. Ok, that's a different question.

I would recommend starting with specific strains, as that's how most informed consumers (and let's face it, most of us have to be informed, as this has not been universally embraced by the medical community) are looking for this stuff. With strain information I can look up what the active terpenes are, and make my decision.

Also...I'm not a fan of capsules, as I'd need to take too many of them. Plus, the closer you are to the natural product, the better. Tinctures are faster acting, and easier to manage for people requiring larger doses.

As a consumer, I'd not want anything but pure product. While it would be good to educate your customers on good tag-on / supplementary products (hyaluronic acid, for example), I'd recommend keeping them separate. You give more control over what your customer puts in their body, and you get to sell two products instead of one. If you're selling online, you can easily lead the customer from one to the other. Me, personally, I'd never buy a CBD product cut with any other medicinal ingredient. I'd rather make my own cocktails. :)

I really want my GF to use it, but she is in a job that has drug testing. I asked at the local dispensary about it, he said that there is CBD that has no THC, but it really doesn't work well, the THC is needed to "kickstart" the CBD for lack of a better word. She is having some nasty hip pain lately and is going to a doctor today.

Not sure how it is where you are, but I've found that companies can be sympathetic to CBD users. That will vary from workplace to workplace of course, but having the talk ahead of time costs nothing, and at least you know.

Decades ago I had a call from a doctor after taking a pee test.

"You have some opioid in your system. Do you eat anything with poppy seeds?"

Hmmm. "Oh, I can't get enough of these muffins in the vending machine. One flavor has poppy seeds."

"Ok. Yeah, it's only a small amount, so I figured it wasn't drugs."

Sorry about that. I've heard that about poppy seeds causing failing drug tests.

The only pre-employment screening I ever did was for the worst job I ever had - at a packinghouse - though I became Union Steward. Long ago. Just a polygraph test. They said I failed it the worst anyone ever has. That I was lying about my name, where I lived, and just about everything else. However, they hired me anyway because the lawyer for the local union was a pal. Likely the company came to regret folding in on that.

I wrote some unheard of grievances that won, including winning what was considered an impossible mediation on a discharge. For example a HUGE black employee (a lugger) dragged a little white supervisor who had been hurling racial slurs at the employee the full length of the packinghouse, then threw the supervisor into an industrial trash compactor (semi-trailer size) and turned it on - stopping it only just before crushing the supervisor (as about 30 of us silently stood there and watched - doing nothing to stop this), then ripping out the wiring trapping him in. The Teamster mechanics took a LOOK time getting him out. LOL. I won his job back, but no back pay. The supervisor was fired. (I had warned him that if he didn't stop using racial slurs he was going to get hurt - which he ignored. Of course, I could have filed grievances about his doing so, but I was curious as to how that little white guy calling some of the toughest men on earth (like meat luggers are) "n....rs" would play out.)

The packinghouse was clearly doomed due to the big non-union immigrant labor packinghouses of the Midwest. I wrote an odd grievance about "box" meat the company was bringing it as non-union labor violations - and used a "please advise" trick to concocted an agreement they would stop doing so. Instead, the company soon shut the packinghouse down, going to all boxed meat. That same union lawyer that got me the job used that grievance material to get every employee (permanently laid off) about $5,000 in severance pay, although the contract called for none. What the lawyer liked is I put EVERYTHING in writing and with witnessed delivery, plus would follow up with a "2nd" and "Final" notice. Everything documented. What I would not do is waste time over bickering over 30 minutes overtime in some seniority battle or other petty whining - while other stewards would write up grievances for every gripe - just wasting everyone's time and trivializing grievances.

The only other time a job may have required a polygraph (optional) they didn't. Why? The purpose is to catch people lying and when a person admits to just about everything and anything - other than child abuse, rape or murder) there isn't reason to give a polygraph. I got that job too.

Never a drug test.

Not sure how it is where you are, but I've found that companies can be sympathetic to CBD users. That will vary from workplace to workplace of course, but having the talk ahead of time costs nothing, and at least you know.
She is management at a mental hospital....gotta be like Ceasar's wife.

I have been the head of HR at a few places that tested, needless to say, I couldn't use, I did have to let some employees go, never felt shittier.

In my research, I've also found they all have tiny - to not so tiny - amounts of THC. I would be worried about drug testing if that comes with the job.

The other danger is the ingredients are whatever the maker wants to say they are on the label - with there being NO government testing nor required proof whatsoever. Ever if they have lab reports, that would be only for what is tested - and those also can be fake. Even "made in FDA facility" doesn't mean a lot. It just means they registered with the FDA - may not ever have even been inspected. While not knowing specifically about CBD products, we know A LOT about alternative and natural health products sold in general. The majority are fraudulent or overstated terribly. So I wouldn't risk a job on it.

She is management at a mental hospital....gotta be like Ceasar's wife.

I have been the head of HR at a few places that tested, needless to say, I couldn't use, I did have to let some employees go, never felt shittier.

Ugh...yeah, that's rough. Sadly a lot of places still have a lot of catching up to do....but it'll happen. I'm not sure if I'm surprised or completely unsurprised that a hospital would put those hurdles in place... Me, I'd never work for a company that tested just out of principle, but I completely understand that's not everyone's reality.

In my research, I've also found they all have tiny - to not so tiny - amounts of THC. I would be worried about drug testing if that comes with the job.

The other danger is the ingredients are whatever the maker wants to say they are on the label - with there being NO government testing nor required proof whatsoever. Ever if they have lab reports, that would be only for what is tested - and those also can be fake. Even "made in FDA facility" doesn't mean a lot. It just means they registered with the FDA - may not ever have even been inspected. While not knowing specifically about CBD products, we know A LOT about alternative and natural health products sold in general. The majority are fraudulent or overstated terribly. So I wouldn't risk a job on it.

Yeah...you really want to understand what you're getting into. The good news is that if you find a reliable supplier you will have a product that works. Not trying to talk shit, but I've watched my wife and her extended family waste fortunes on naturopathic and homeopathic remedies, with no noticeable results, or results so random that it's a crap shoot whether or not the product worked or if it was simply the placebo effect. Not being a believer, none of it worked for me. The contrast to CBD is night and day - there is no question whatsoever that this stuff works, you feel it working.

If you're wanting to get into this market, which is a financially sound idea, you'll want to ensure your supply is reliable, and you'll want to go in with some knowledge. The person I buy from grows their own and processes their own, under a medical license from the government (can grow up to 99 plants). He sends his product to be tested so that he understands what he's working with, and is constantly learning how best to process it. You want to have complete confidence in the product, as online communities absolutely go crazy reporting snake oil, which is problematic for retailers, given this is the most common way people learn what to buy and what not to buy right now.

Ugh...yeah, that's rough. Sadly a lot of places still have a lot of catching up to do....but it'll happen. I'm not sure if I'm surprised or completely unsurprised that a hospital would put those hurdles in place... Me, I'd never work for a company that tested just out of principle, but I completely understand that's not everyone's reality.
I worked for an airline for 14 years, everyone was tested, even though I flew a desk and was never out in a safety position. That sucked. I work for an enormous Silicon Valley company now, they don't test, if they did, they would lose all their talent.

Ah.. Ok, that's a different question.

I would recommend starting with specific strains, as that's how most informed consumers (and let's face it, most of us have to be informed, as this has not been universally embraced by the medical community) are looking for this stuff. With strain information I can look up what the active terpenes are, and make my decision.

Also...I'm not a fan of capsules, as I'd need to take too many of them. Plus, the closer you are to the natural product, the better. Tinctures are faster acting, and easier to manage for people requiring larger doses.

As a consumer, I'd not want anything but pure product. While it would be good to educate your customers on good tag-on / supplementary products (hyaluronic acid, for example), I'd recommend keeping them separate. You give more control over what your customer puts in their body, and you get to sell two products instead of one. If you're selling online, you can easily lead the customer from one to the other. Me, personally, I'd never buy a CBD product cut with any other medicinal ingredient. I'd rather make my own cocktails. :)

We are known for custom blends in general. When you get to people REALLY REALLY into alternative health stuff, the number of pills/capsules and liquids they take a day can be dozens. Some substances don't work well without support. For example, the body needs D3 (or sunlight) and magnesium to properly process calcium. Why take 3 when all 3 can be in one - a common over the counter combination.

Our customers (or clients) look to us for advice, which of course per FDA rules we can't give medical advice. Once you sell a health product, you can't legally promise it will do anything. If you don't sell it, you can say about anything about anything. A dozen times a day we have to say "sorry, we can't give medical advice." However, we can make "recommend" certain products. We more often recommend against than for various alternative or natural health products.

Sometimes it is difficult. But can be very rewarding in a way. Other times we may have saved lives by talking people out of using something or how they want to use it. The worse are people who decide they are going to inject themselves with whatever. Our response is always "NO! NO! NO! NO injections. Injections will kill you - or worse." It is not rare we refuse to sell to someone it they state they are going to use it in a way harmful to themselves or others.

Maybe once a year we'll actually send someone a placebo falsely labeled because we know the person will do what they said they are going to do and will get it somewhere else. The most recent was an elderly and sounded in early stage dementia that wanted to buy a chemical to spray into his grandson's eyes, believing this would make it so his grandson wouldn't need glasses. It would blind that grandson. Permanently. It was clear we couldn't talk him out of it - and we know if we call authorities they'll do nothing - nor will that deter him. So we sent him a bottle of saline water with 1 diluted drop of the chemical so in a sense the custom label we made for it was accurate. Salt water would sting badly and have the grandson screaming - but no permanent eye damage done.

Oh the positive side? For example, a woman wrote saying that we were her last hope as her doctor told her there was nothing left for him to try, terminal, begging us to not stick to "no medical advice" - which we ALWAYS stick to. However, we told her "we'll send you something. Can't promise anything." (We have "special products" we make - but don't market - that I won't post about.) Heard nothing for about a year. She wrote back after about a year that we saved her life and her doctor said it's a "miracle." Of course, we can't know the true story about what anyone tells us. There also is the mind over matter aspect to health.

In short, while some will have researched CBD, nearly all will look to us for advice and, candidly, will believe anything we tell them. So it really is more my decision than the customer's decision, if that makes any sense. Their decisions usually are just reflections on what we say. It is a delicate dance between not giving medical advice - and giving advice that has potential medical benefit without saying so.

So I'm basically making the decision for potential customers as to what to get and offer. If interest is there, then may expand into other forms of it. It certainly is a flooded market already and readily available everywhere and online, so this is more for a customer courtesy (and ourselves of course.)

We are known for custom blends in general. When you get to people REALLY REALLY into alternative health stuff, the number of pills/capsules and liquids they take a day can be dozens. Some substances don't work well without support. For example, the body needs D3 (or sunlight) and magnesium to properly process calcium. Why take 3 when all 3 can be in one - a common over the counter combination.

Our customers (or clients) look to us for advice, which of course per FDA rules we can't give medical advice. Once you sell a health product, you can't legally promise it will do anything. If you don't sell it, you can say about anything about anything. A dozen times a day we have to say "sorry, we can't give medical advice." However, we can make "recommend" certain products. We more often recommend against than for various alternative or natural health products.

Sometimes it is difficult. But can be very rewarding in a way. Other times we may have saved lives by talking people out of using something or how they want to use it. The worse are people who decide they are going to inject themselves with whatever. Our response is always "NO! NO! NO! NO injections. Injections will kill you - or worse." It is not rare we refuse to sell to someone it they state they are going to use it in a way harmful to themselves or others.

Maybe once a year we'll actually send someone a placebo falsely labeled because we know the person will do what they said they are going to do and will get it somewhere else. The most recent was an elderly and sounded in early stage dementia that wanted to buy a chemical to spray into his grandson's eyes, believing this would make it so his grandson wouldn't need glasses. It would blind that grandson. Permanently. It was clear we couldn't talk him out of it - and we know if we call authorities they'll do nothing - nor will that deter him. So we sent him a bottle of saline water with 1 diluted drop of the chemical so in a sense the custom label we made for it was accurate. Salt water would sting badly and have the grandson screaming - but no permanent eye damage done.

Oh the positive side? For example, a woman wrote saying that we were her last hope as her doctor told her there was nothing left for him to try, terminal, begging us to not stick to "no medical advice" - which we ALWAYS stick to. However, we told her "we'll send you something. Can't promise anything." (We have "special products" we make - but don't market - that I won't post about.) Heard nothing for about a year. She wrote back after about a year that we saved her life and her doctor said it's a "miracle." Of course, we can't know the true story about what anyone tells us. There also is the mind over matter aspect to health.

In short, while some will have researched CBD, nearly all will look to us for advice and, candidly, will believe anything we tell them. So it really is more my decision than the customer's decision, if that makes any sense. Their decisions usually are just reflections on what we say. It is a delicate dance between not giving medical advice - and giving advice that has potential medical benefit without saying so.

So I'm basically making the decision for potential customers as to what to get and offer. If interest is there, then may expand into other forms of it. It certainly is a flooded market already and readily available everywhere and online, so this is more for a customer courtesy (and ourselves of course.)

That's a lot of responsibility, man... The good news is that there is a lot of great information out there about CBD that can be relied upon, with the added safety net of it being only pot, so little risk of any kind of consequences. I'd recommend getting as much info as you can so that you can advise your clients properly - it's certainly possible, and not even that hard. Researching how cannabinoids work in general is a great start...when you understand how the plant's cannabinoids work with the body's natural cannabinoids, you start to understand how so much can be accomplished with one product.

Again, best of luck, man. I salute anyone who makes this more accessible to the public. Just...do it with understanding. It's too important to be maligned by shady practices (definitely not accusing you of this, clearly you are trying to understand), and the more education you deliver along side of the meds, the better.

Yeah...you really want to understand what you're getting into. The good news is that if you find a reliable supplier you will have a product that works. Not trying to talk shit, but I've watched my wife and her extended family waste fortunes on naturopathic and homeopathic remedies, with no noticeable results, or results so random that it's a crap shoot whether or not the product worked or if it was simply the placebo effect. Not being a believer, none of it worked for me. The contrast to CBD is night and day - there is no question whatsoever that this stuff works, you feel it working.

If you're wanting to get into this market, which is a financially sound idea, you'll want to ensure your supply is reliable, and you'll want to go in with some knowledge. The person I buy from grows their own and processes their own, under a medical license from the government (can grow up to 99 plants). He sends his product to be tested so that he understands what he's working with, and is constantly learning how best to process it. You want to have complete confidence in the product, as online communities absolutely go crazy reporting snake oil, which is problematic for retailers, given this is the most common way people learn what to buy and what not to buy right now.

There is so much health crap out there - and people willing to tell any lie to sell it - that few would believe how bad it is.

Most our products are not consumable health products. Primarily we are a chemical company.

Just got off the phone with a manufacturer picking their brains.

Last edited:
I could write a lot about homeopathic as we had a massive product line that was the real stuff competing with thousands of sellers of the homeopathic form - as a fluke - that became the company's singular biggest boom of all. Not sure how to make this short. Some customers has asked about it - the hottest item in the mega billion dollar weight lose market years ago - a homeopathic marketed by a radio jock (who ended up on federal prison over it.) I already was well familiar with modern homoepathics - which literally are nothing - but that's another story with my writing an extensive explanation of the origins and history of homeopathics and how now they are literally milk tablets or dropper bottles of nothing.

So for that product (deliberately being vague) - that affiliate sellers were competing with who tells the biggest lies - lose 5, 10, 15, 30 pound a week! We never promise anything. Didn't need to. Everyone else was. We actually obtained the real substance - which is vastly more expensive than heroin or cocaine - and made a product with it (high diluted but real) - making only a couple dozen little bottles of it. Then a weird thing happened. On a Friday night (late), got emails from the top online seller ridiculing our knocking the homeopathic form, bragging about how much money he was making and how we would fail. Obviously drunk.

Ah, a challenge! Making that much money? Well ok, game on. Researching, we found he used a rented website template - that if someone bought it they then owned the copyright to it. So we bought his website template - about $5,000 - and prepared a blitz campaign. In this, we contracted with the only 3 labs in the world that made the real stuff - other than what they already had contracted for - for the next year plus all they had - meaning we had it all. The ONLY company that could sell the REAL thing - plus we could now claim WE were the REAL company - not his. His wife sent an apology email - too little too late. That was the end of him. Our pitch was simple - buy the real thing, not homeopathic - explaining what homeopathic means. with 1 gram of a substance, a person can make a million gallons of homeopathic.

However, we also put it in a kit along with a diet book we wrote. The other stuff was just vitamins, minerals and amino acids - which a person needs if they go on a hyper diet. Of course, it was the diet book that REALLY caused the weight lose - though we were selling the real thing. I don't know how many hundreds of thousands of bottles we sold of that. However, there was so much scamming going on with the homeopathic version the FDA ultimately outlawed all of it and even using the words on any labeling - without a prescription - and prosecuted some sellers for false claims. Since we never claim any benefit we were off the hook. Years later we still get calls from people asking for it. No-can-do. Illegal. It was a strange experience - all due to some drunk sending emails bragging of how much money he was making. We took his business and likely sold over 100 times more than he ever did. Doing private labeling, hundreds of companies were selling our product, plus our own sales. 1 bottle or 1000 bottles at a time.

Some people would call bragging about how great it was working, losing so much weight. Others would phone with "I'm sooooooo hungry!" - to which our answer was? "If you're hungry, eat something." Seems obvious enough. LOL. Or when I person says they took our product and feel bad or weird. Answer:

All that said, unless something is harmful and maybe might be beneficial? That's each person's choice. Any opinion we express will be legal and truthful. We're no one's doctor. They have to do their own research. My view is that ultimately it is up to each person to decide because it will be the person that lives the consequences. By making no health promises and selling nothing harmful if used as directed, all legitimate and exactly what we say it is, our conscious is clear. There is no product we sell - whether or not health related - that we sell that I/we don't use ourselves. If I won't use it, we won't sell it.

Reflecting on one's own past can be rewarding. But it is just the past. Time rolls on. Faster and faster it seems.

I have CBD flower that I smoke, and also buy what's called Barista Blend from Uncanny Wellness. I don't have any general pain, so I can't say anything about its use for that, but.....I have had
eczema for years. Just one area at a time seems to break out and when I'd get one area under control (as much as you can), another spot would break out. I found a topical THC/CBD salve from Mary Jane's Medicinals that worked really well. But, since I've been inhaling/drinking CBD I am not having eczema breakouts. I tested it by not using CBD for a bit, and sure enough, broke out again.

If you're interested in using it internally, not topically, check out Uncanny Wellness. Theirs is water soluble, and they explain why you actually access more of the CBD that way.

Good luck.

I just wanted to add, places I've found for CBD flower - CBD Hemp Direct (the one I've used), Botany Farms, Tweedle Farms.

Learning details such as "broad spectrum" means no detectable level of THC, while "full spectrum" means no more than 0.3% THC. CBD is the 2nd highest quantity of cannabinoids in help after THC, but there are over 100 cannabinoids. If those can be separated it could make for complicated but possibly highly useful studying each of the cannabinoids.

Likely will only offer 25mgs, not 10mgs, and one broad spectrum and one full spectrum - warning that the later potentially could trigger on a drug test. There are manufacturers that do offer blending such as CBD and melatonin as a sleep aid.

Any of you know if there is any difference in CDB upon they type of hemp it is made from? For example sativa or indigo? Or some other type?

Learning details such as "broad spectrum" means no detectable level of THC, while "full spectrum" means no more than 0.3% THC. CBD is the 2nd highest quantity of cannabinoids in help after THC, but there are over 100 cannabinoids. If those can be separated it could make for complicated but possibly highly useful studying each of the cannabinoids.

Likely will only offer 25mgs, not 10mgs, and one broad spectrum and one full spectrum - warning that the later potentially could trigger on a drug test. There are manufacturers that do offer blending such as CBD and melatonin as a sleep aid.

Any of you know if there is any difference in CDB upon they type of hemp it is made from? For example sativa or indigo? Or some other type?

Absolutely, yes, there is a difference. Or there can be.... I learned about terpenes at the same time I learned about CBD, so any time I've looked for CBD I did it with terpenes in mind. Different strains will have different terpenes, and different terpenes are better suited for treating different symptoms.

Here's a good primer:

It's a starting point, but you'll want to research this more.

Now, some highly processed CBD products could look to isolate the CBD, but I'm not sure, that's not something I would ever look for based on how I select my products. I start with the terpenes I'm looking for, then pick the strains with the highest CBD content that have those terpenes. Of course, I'm a consumer that does a lot of research, not everyone will come at this in the same way...but their results will be improved if you direct them towards strains that more directly address their symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom